Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Race ends under caution, slow pan out from a single kangaroo with a single tear in its eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Here are some photos I took at COTA for the IMSA weekend. They should be in order that I took them so it starts with Friday morning practice. It includes the support races as well. I took a lot but picked ones I liked.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/144390874@N07/8740wn

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 8, 2017

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

What are the three colored dots on the side of the le mans cars? Which drive is in?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

What type of cells do they use for the current hybrids? Lithium fires are extremely hard to put out and quick charging seems like an easy way to do this.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

lol eurosport commentators making fun of webber's accent

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

There isn't enough shade around coota. Also, due to soil erosion and poo poo weather the track is forming bumps in odd spots. I went earlier this year for IMSA and it was still hot as balls; I will be there in September where I am sure it will be hot again.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I was at COTA this weekend and besides being hot it was okay.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7Y8qK9

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 18, 2017

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

drgitlin posted:

What was attendance like? It was the first Lone Star Le Mans I didn't make it to, but attendance on TV looked even more abysmal than any year so far.

It was pretty sparse. They held a kids soccer tournament or something during the 6H.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I was thinking about going to Sebring since both IMSA and WEC would be there but campsites and hotes were all booked. So I am going to Daytona instead.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Ah, well my reading comprehension is not very good apparently. My dad who lives in Florida was the one looking for campsites and the like for Sebring. I'll have to keep that in mind for 2019.

Still pretty excited about 24 hours of Daytona though.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Good thing I got my tickets to that already. Plus my mclaren shirt finally showed up.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6yo-yVXjLk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Dudley posted:

That's pretty fantastic quality too, probably because it might have come from ESPN itself and not a guy with a VCR.

Yeah but those VCR rips have some great commercials in them.

I really like commentators on old broadcast as its a mix of who knows whats going on and what they think without a filter. In the '89 watkins video during a discussion about a penalty one of the commentators says "Well that driver is a foreigner and you know sometimes they don't comprende."

• Locked thread