Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So while we wait for the racing season to begin, how about a round of virtual car building and racing?

I'm running a challenge right now using Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game where your task is to do just that; build and run an entry into a virtual sports car series. Come check it out if you're interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

Oh poo poo, one of the LMP1 Porsches retired while I was at the gym. What happened to it?

They're both still running, but the #2 needed a new e-motor.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tracy Krohn doing his thing as usual

Also, those ugly pitstops might have just cost Toyota the race.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

BMW no longer leading Le Mans :sigh:

#7 in trouble!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Yeah I'm no Toyota fan but this is just agonising to watch :(

E: if they keep going this speed they'll be two more laps down by the time the car gets to the garage...

MrChips fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 17, 2017

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

wow

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

A GTE overall win would own so hard, as long as it isn't one of those stupid loving Porsche Caymans.

I mean, they're the automotive equivalent of a 7-year old kid pretending to be dad by wearing his suit jacket.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't think there are any of those in this race?

It's because those 911s are actually mid-engined...like a Cayman.

[/joke]

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

wicka posted:

Oh god you're one of those terrible people.

be nice wicka

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think it was for GT1 but didn't Porsche once argue that since they had the amount of cars necessary in parts that they met the homologation requirements?

That was for the Porsche 917, and no they weren't able to successfully convince the FIA inspectors to homologate the car based on that. So Ferdinand Piech, the James Bond villain that he is, ordered his mechanics to work around the clock to build the 25 cars, which he then parked outside the company headquarters for the inspectors' next visit a month later. Apparently he offered the inspector the opportunity to drive any of the cars in the lineup, but it was declined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I love Spec Miata as much for the racing as I do for all the passive-aggressive pissing and moaning that all the top competitors get up to.

Seriously, there is more off-track drama in one Spec Miata race as there is an an entire F1 season.

• Locked thread