Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Infidel Castro posted:

Also HELL YEAH MARTELLUS BENNETT TED ACTUALLY DID A THING!

Wait what?

We signed Bennett? Holy poo poo I was feeling kind of bummed about Cook going, but gently caress, that's a straight upgrade for probably similar costs to what Cook wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Deki posted:

Wait what?

We signed Bennett? Holy poo poo I was feeling kind of bummed about Cook going, but gently caress, that's a straight upgrade for probably similar costs to what Cook wanted.

3 years 18.5 mil

Ted is good at his job

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

3 years 18.5 mil

Ted is good at his job

I didn't see the value of the contract until now. I think Cook was going to be looking for 7-8 million a year. This contract is much better.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lol I can't imagine another player that will so gleefully poo poo on the Bears, Bennett will score at least 5 tds and 8 comments about how much better rodgers is than cutler. Dude owns

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Hot Diggity! posted:

3 years 18.5 mil

Ted is good at his job

That is significantly less than expected.

Patriots weren't willing to go that high?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lol I can't imagine another player that will so gleefully poo poo on the Bears, Bennett will score at least 5 tds and 8 comments about how much better rodgers is than cutler. Dude owns

You say that like Cutler won't sign with the Packers just to sit on the bench and flip Glennon off twice a year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jay Cutler has no idea who glennon is

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

You say that like Cutler won't sign with the Packers just to sit on the bench and flip Glennon off twice a year.

We should snap him up if he's up for it, whenever Cutler is in the game the Packers win big!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Bears signed Dion Sims for as much money as the Packers signed Bennett. Abolish the Bears.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
There isn't often much in the way of big free agency news for the Packers, but I like this signing a lot.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Bears signed Dion Sims for as much money as the Packers signed Bennett. Abolish the Bears.

Hey, Sims is a whole four years younger! Long-term value!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it rules, when your team is so bad that the only thing left to root for is literally for aaron rodgers to eventually retire

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Shangri-Law School posted:

This poo poo infuriates me and makes me hate John Fox even more.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

R.D. Mangles posted:

it rules, when your team is so bad that the only thing left to root for is literally for aaron rodgers to eventually retire

I'm convinced our post-Rodgers situation will still be good. McCarthy is an amazing QB coach, and whoever we decide on as the heir will be able to learn from Rodgers for what that's worth.

Sataere posted:

This poo poo infuriates me and makes me hate John Fox even more.

Would Bennett have really been on the table for you guys at near that price though? Green bay is more likely to get him another ring and he wasn't really happy with the Bears when he left. I mean I'm shocked we got him for cheaper than Cook.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Deki posted:

I'm convinced our post-Rodgers situation will still be good. McCarthy is an amazing QB coach, and whoever we decide on as the heir will be able to learn from Rodgers for what that's worth.

if the packers get another HOF QB after rodgers i will literally spontaneously combust

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

if the packers get another HOF QB after rodgers i will literally spontaneously combust

It will be Trevor Sieman after hardened by years of experience.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Deki posted:

Would Bennett have really been on the table for you guys at near that price though? Green bay is more likely to get him another ring and he wasn't really happy with the Bears when he left. I mean I'm shocked we got him for cheaper than Cook.

Maybe if we didn't trade him in the first place for having a personality that in no way impacted his play of the field, we could have.

I mean, 3 years, $18.5 million is not that much more than 3 years, $18 million. I mean, would you pay half a million dollars to switch Dion Sims for Martellus Bennett?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

mods? MODS?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

CharlestheHammer posted:

The man doesn't have it hard enough being a Bears fan? Do you also kick puppies?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

CharlestheHammer posted:

This needs to happen because
1. I love Cutler and
2. Historically the Packers do well when they have a former Bear at backup qb.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

R.D. Mangles posted:

I would probably organize some kind of crusade to go and burn down Lambeau field if that happened

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I would probably organize some kind of crusade to go and burn down Lambeau field if that happened

where do I sign? we don't have to wait for another HOF QB, I'm good to go right now

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Pops Mgee posted:

This needs to happen because
1. I love Cutler and
2. Historically the Packers do well when they have a former Bear at backup qb.

I love that he's wearing a Bears jersey under his coat.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You have my sword.

Packers need to not exceed six wins for a couple decades to restore balance to the world.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Filthy Casual posted:

Packers need to not exceed six wins for a couple decades to restore balance to the world.

You know, the last time we did that, we ended up getting two HoF quarterbacks back-to-back.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I only care about the Lions so I'm going to post all this related or not.

Go Lions.

Aaron Rodgers is a fraud. His own family hates him.

Vince Young signed with the Riders. I am going to go see him play and if I see him, I'm going to hug him. Just like he instructed me to.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lambeau field is ugly and we should burn it down anyway

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Darth Brooks posted:

I love that he's wearing a Bears jersey under his coat.

The 85 Bears didn't go after they won the Super Bowl cause the Challenger blew up, hence McMahon wearing his Bears jersey. I think Obama had them come in as a make up/Bears fan at some point....

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i sincerely believe that Pace could have easily won over all of the Bears fans who are irritated at this offseason if he brought back Robbie Gould

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Matt Flynn is proof that Aaron Rodgers isn't anything special. You could plug any rando into that position and he'd be fine.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Matt Flynn is proof that Aaron Rodgers isn't anything special. You could plug any rando into that position and he'd be fine.
Seneca Wallace was unavailable for comment.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jimmy G to the Pack

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

nmfree posted:

Seneca Wallace was unavailable for comment.

Remember that time Rodgers got poked in the eye at the one yard line in the red zone, and Graham Harrell couldn't even handle playing one play where all he had to do was hand off the ball?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

TJ Lang getting to come home and play for the Lions is awesome.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Filthy Casual posted:

TJ Lang getting to come home and play for the Lions is awesome.

Yeah, he said he wants to raise his kids in his hometown and I get that. Also he'll have more time with the kids with no deep postseason games!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Welcome to the Scumbags, Mr. Lang. :toot:

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Deki posted:

Yeah, he said he wants to raise his kids in his hometown and I get that. Also he'll have more time with the kids with no deep postseason games!

"You see, son, everything the sun shines on in Oakland County is our land."

"What about that dark spot in the south?"

"That's Detroit, you must never go there."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Golden Tate what the hell are you doing

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

For those who missed Showtime: https://twitter.com/NickFolarin/status/842056749263790080

I honestly have more questions about the PBR shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Anals of History posted:

I honestly have more questions about the PBR shorts.
http://us.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/fangear/f-pabst-blue-ribbon/pabst-blue-ribbon-cans-sm.html

• Locked thread