Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know, it seemed like the Lions offseason was going too well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Embarrassed by the hat but it was a charity event for children and adults with mental disabilities at a Trump golf course

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/842102256447176706

Glad to see a deal get done. Going all MMQB on this, though, it sure is disappointing to look at the state of the offensive line and think about the wasted picks on trading up to draft Patterson and the poor return on Treadwell given the Vikings top two Wr are a 5th rounder and UDFA.

e: holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/842112422055927812

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 15, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

Embarrassed by the hat but it was a charity event for children and adults with mental disabilities at a Trump golf course

A fundraiser for Trump and his campaign then, even worse

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/842121582315102208

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/842121982980190208

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
is this like how pats fans say brady didn't "technically" endorse trump, he only had a MAGA hat conveniently placed in his locker to face the camera during a widely viewed interview

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Golden Tate is very good at indignantly denying wrongdoing.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

AsInHowe posted:

:thurman:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AsInHowe posted:

:golfclap:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

is this like how pats fans say brady didn't "technically" endorse trump, he only had a MAGA hat conveniently placed in his locker to face the camera during a widely viewed interview

No, because Brady was more like "I don't wanna talk about it" and Tate is saying outright that he doesn't support him.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tate is a smart and funny dude so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. A shitload of folks would wear those hats as a joke early in Trump's campaign.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

“I’m happy with the [election] results,” Cutler said. “I’ve supported Trump for a while. I’m not going to dive into it. I know it’s a sensitive issue. I like where it’s going.”

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tate is a smart and funny dude so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here. A shitload of folks would wear those hats as a joke early in Trump's campaign.

I'm a UW-Mad alumni and I have a Wisconsin hat that's red with white lettering (It says, "W - Wisconsin Fencing") and I've stopped wearing it around because people would shake their heads and mutter darkly when they see me at a distance wearing it.

I'm happy that people in Wisconsin feel strongly enough about the piss nazi to recognize these hats at a distance but a little sad that I probably can't ever wear that cap around ever again in my life. Can't imagine what it's like for Tate who wore the actual cap.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Oh, so he was trying to look relatable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Filthy Casual posted:

Oh, so he was trying to look relatable.

The other joke was better

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

R.D. Mangles posted:

quote:

“I’m happy with the [election] results,” Cutler said. “I’ve supported Trump for a while. I’m not going to dive into it. I know it’s a sensitive issue. I like where it’s going.”

I've always just assumed Jay has no real opinions of his own other than football stuff, and the rest just comes from Kristin. Like with the anti-vax stuff. Not that it makes it any better of course.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jay Cutler was the second best quarterback the Lions ever had.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mark sanchize, lol

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm loving this current Bears front office.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mark
Travis
John
Sanchez

It's like the Bears front office saw how annoyed the fans were by their handling of the QBs, and decided to just grind some salt and lemon into the wound for funsies.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I have to admit that this pisses me right off. He better have no guaranteed money and be a camp body.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Pops Mgee posted:

I'm loving this current Bears front office.

Finally something that Packers/Vikings/Lions fans can all agree on.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Deki posted:

Finally something that Packers/Vikings/Lions fans can all agree on.

I hate it: keeps Capers in place, ergo the Packers will never win the SB again.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm mega pumped for the Sanchez experience after Glennon explodes into dust behind these lovely tackles . also the bears need to draft favre's nephew so brett can uncle rico it up on the sidelines

also with Sanchez here the bears definitely are gonna go Mike Williams. they need weapons!!

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 24, 2017

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Sataere posted:

I have to admit that this pisses me right off. He better have no guaranteed money and be a camp body.

I would rather have Sanchez start, our passing game might as well be funny while its impotent. Kinda like why Barkley was more fun to watch than Hoyer.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Bears should have just kept Cutler and Hoyer

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Filthy Casual posted:

I would rather have Sanchez start, our passing game might as well be funny while its impotent. Kinda like why Barkley was more fun to watch than Hoyer.

I kind of do also, but only because I want Fox fired.

schweens posted:

Bears should have just kept Cutler and Hoyer

They really shouldn't have. The problem is that there was no way to improve after they got rid of them.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bears should have jumped on Tyrod Taylor instead of overbidding for Mike Glennon.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Bears should have jumped on Tyrod Taylor instead of overbidding for Mike Glennon.

I'm not a big fan of Tyrod. I think they are in a good position to grab a QB next year, which is a better time to get one.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Sataere posted:

I'm not a big fan of Tyrod. I think they are in a good position to grab a QB next year, which is a better time to get one.

Agreed, I think the worst move they can make is to jump on one early this year. The rest of the team isn't there yet, it'd be setting him up for failure.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
In a perfect world maybe, but what are the odds Pace and Fox will be around if they tank hard enough to get one of the top QBs next year?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Scipiotik posted:

In a perfect world maybe, but what are the odds Pace and Fox will be around if they tank hard enough to get one of the top QBs next year?

I think Pace gets one more hire after John Fox. Because Ownership kinda forced heavily suggested John Fox onto him when he became available.

If Floyd or White or *insert Pick this year* show up, stay healthy and play well Pace is a lock to get a chance hire his own coach. Pace has hit on a couple of later picks even though his First Picks have had injury issues. Jordan Howard is a huge find.

John Fox will get launched though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Scipiotik posted:

The Bears tend to be fairly patient. The Emery/Trestman stuff was the fastest they have given someone the hook and that was because it was a major embarrassment to the entire organization.

Pace will get another coach, unless he really fucks up from a public relations standpoint, which I don't see happening.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looking forward to Ego Ferguson making it to the probowl based entirely on the 8.5 sacks he has against mike giraffe unable to run away from him because of his long, ungainly limbs

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

R.D. Mangles posted:

looking forward to Ego Ferguson making it to the probowl based entirely on the 8.5 sacks he has against mike giraffe unable to run away from him because of his long, ungainly limbs

These sound like characters from a Saturday morning nicktoon

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Welp

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/849727644752936960

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, who's looking forward to your 2017 Division Champs, Green Bay Packers? :getin:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

iospace posted:

So, who's looking forward to your 2017 Division Champs, Green Bay Packers? :getin:

We have a couple holes to plug before we can crown ourselves - even if the Bears are imploding and the Vikings not doing much, the Lions will be a legit threat again this year, as they did some work in FA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Abugadu posted:

We have a couple holes to plug before we can crown ourselves - even if the Bears are imploding and the Vikings not doing much, the Lions will be a legit threat again this year, as they did some work in FA.

the bears already imploded, 2 seasons ago

• Locked thread