Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Regy Rusty posted:

Yay I beat it. Great game, left me feeling happy and satisfied.
Me too. But now I need to watch Diebuster again for scene-to-scene comparison purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Me too. But now I need to watch Diebuster again for scene-to-scene comparison purposes.

This is all I was thinking throughout the anime. It's like a case study in references to gainax stuff.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
"Final Chapter: ETO"

I take it that I'm about to get some answers, huh?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

King of Solomon posted:

"Final Chapter: ETO"

I take it that I'm about to get some answers, huh?

Every district of Hekseville has a Strange Woman to talk with. Do so.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Every district of Hekseville has a Strange Woman to talk with. Do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FXDpZwaXk

Is this what I seek?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are there any side missions that you guys would consider can't miss? i've played a bunch of them and didn't like any of them so i'm just gonna mainline the story from this point since that's been really fun unless there are ones that everyone says are really great.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
A lot of the side missions have follow ups and Spirits of a man is my personal favorite. I think you can do them all after beating the story anyway.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I like the variety of side quests but any of them that involves moving slowly and carefully is instant bullshit, that's against the basic theme of the game.

pairofdimes
May 20, 2001

blehhh
There will be an artbook out in March in Japan:

https://twitter.com/K_Toyama/status/824901633851027456

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

90 seconds of random first-person flight? :confused: All the locations appear as conversation icons on your map.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

What's the best way to get gems? Mining I guess? This trophy to get all upgrades seems like it will suck.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So I guess I beat the game. I really didn't expect the entire final chapter to just be non-stop missions, but it was cool. I enjoyed that. Gravity Rush 2 is a great loving game when it's not taking your powers away or asking you to be stealthy.

Also, I really liked playing as Raven, looking forward to doing more of that in the DLC.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

90 seconds of random first-person flight? :confused: All the locations appear as conversation icons on your map.

I know, I'd actually already unlocked the mission by that point. I just got into that weird first person mode which seemed like a bug to me, and thought I'd make a dumb joke about it.

It is a glitch, right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

King of Solomon posted:

I know, I'd actually already unlocked the mission by that point. I just got into that weird first person mode which seemed like a bug to me, and thought I'd make a dumb joke about it.

It is a glitch, right?

Press left on the D-Pad :ssh:.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Press left on the D-Pad :ssh:.

...oh. I thought that just opened the map and never actually tried using it. :doh:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Just finished the game, thoughts under spoilers.

Honestly if the game had just ended after the elderitch abomination Kali fight, I would have been disappointed. And even more so now because Eto was an absolutely spectacular endgame chapter. I was really worried around mid-game that we wouldn't get any answers to Kat's past, but we got all of them and more. That said, Syd being Alias was of zero surprise to me just because I had already guessed that reveal since the first game. The way he vanished just before the Hekseville chapter, followed by Alias suddenly becoming relevant again, only made it doubly obvious.

Getting to fight as Raven for a while was especially fun, and makes me all the more excited for when her DLC comes out. Very pleased with this game overall. Now if only they would fix their drat online servers so I can start collecting those drat dusty tokens.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only thing I don't like is that they never explain what the nevi are and where they come from. The only way to find out is to go scour the whole world for the Saghassi paintings but I wish they'd actually tell you in the story instead. They explained Kat's past nicely but there's still a bunch of other stuff that's in the dark and I hope the dlc clears it up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

lotus circle posted:

Just finished the game, thoughts under spoilers.

Honestly if the game had just ended after the elderitch abomination Kali fight, I would have been disappointed. And even more so now because Eto was an absolutely spectacular endgame chapter. I was really worried around mid-game that we wouldn't get any answers to Kat's past, but we got all of them and more. That said, Syd being Alias was of zero surprise to me just because I had already guessed that reveal since the first game. The way he vanished just before the Hekseville chapter, followed by Alias suddenly becoming relevant again, only made it doubly obvious.

Getting to fight as Raven for a while was especially fun, and makes me all the more excited for when her DLC comes out. Very pleased with this game overall. Now if only they would fix their drat online servers so I can start collecting those drat dusty tokens.

Speaking of playing as Raven, I really wish they'd given Kat her fireball power because it is insanely useful for when you want to lob poo poo at Nevi but don't have anything within reach.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It seems that at least in Japan, the servers are down for maintenance and will be for another 12 hours or so, at which time they will patch the game too. They've been having problems all along, maybe they didn't expect this much interest in online parts?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Act 3 is a really cool return to the original game.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bought this despite not having played the first Gravity Rush to completion for very cheap. I love this.

My only complaint is that I cannot pose Dusty for Pictures.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
In my opinion the levels where you are forced into either lunar for jupiter style for an extended period of time are a billion times worse than any of the forced stealth sections. I just did a boss fight where I could only use jupiter style and it was the most frustrated I've been with this game yet

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Lunar was alright if only for the incredible location but Jupiter was really rough thanks to the camera going insane.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dangerous Person posted:

In my opinion the levels where you are forced into either lunar for jupiter style for an extended period of time are a billion times worse than any of the forced stealth sections. I just did a boss fight where I could only use jupiter style and it was the most frustrated I've been with this game yet

That fight is pretty easy. stun Not-Kat with a Stasis throw, and charge-kick her when she's charging her own Stasis Throw. The upgrade to ignore hits/attacks while charging the kick helps a lot.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I did eventually get through it. I think my main problems were the camera and just not really liking the jupiter move set on its own. I didn't know about that upgrade, it would have helped a lot

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just finally beat this game today. I liked it but it had way too many side quest stuff to do. I actually platinumed the HD remaster of the first game but not gonna make the effort to do any extra stuff in this one. Maybe when I replay it one day.

It's too bad it's sandwiched in so many releases, like resident evil 7, Yakuza 0, nioh, Nier, new Zelda...

At least that's what I'm telling myself. Discussion on this game is pretty quiet, a lot of people might be waiting for it to drop down to 30 bucks. Regardless, I'm happy they concluded the story. The raven dlc is supposed to be stuff that happens between the two games or something like that right?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Oh hey this game has its own thread. It's good and I like it, but I'm sad that I missed out on the white costume (anybody in Europe got a code they don't need hit me up), and also the online bits are clearly not working as intended - I've done over 20 treasure hunts, and not one person has been hit with one of mine yet.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Pack it in guys, I found the cleverest and most devilishly difficult treasure hunt in the game

That's literally where it started me off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
edit: I misread, I am dumb :cripes:.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

So, does anyone know just what triggers gravitational disturbances that spawn the large nevi in mining sites? I looked around online but people keep saying different things.

Kicking myself for ignoring them when they came up earlier because I didn't realize they were temporary.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Saagonsa posted:

So, does anyone know just what triggers gravitational disturbances that spawn the large nevi in mining sites? I looked around online but people keep saying different things.

Kicking myself for ignoring them when they came up earlier because I didn't realize they were temporary.

They just kind of come and go. Just look in your announcements for info about them whenever you boot up the game - they're not exactly rare.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

They just kind of come and go. Just look in your announcements for info about them whenever you boot up the game - they're not exactly rare.

Ah, alright. I kinda already did everything and got every single trophy other than rift hunter though, so I guess I might just have to wait a few weeks until the Raven DLC is out before I get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Wow that certainly was an ending. I need to sit down for a bit.

• Locked thread