Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Peripheral neuropathy was the worst pain of my life. It only felt like minor "pins & needles" in my hands, but my feet felt like they were constantly on fire and being repeatedly jabbed by hundreds of needles. The pain was so bad I could barely walk or sleep. Unfortunately I had a lovely doctor at the time and he couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. After a few visits with him telling me nothing, I switched to a different doctor who diagnosed it immediately and gave me Neurontin which took away the pain but left a constant tingle. Then I developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome the next year, but that wasn't as painful so I won't go on about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard of GBS, but GBS?!?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Mozi posted:

i've heard of GBS, but GBS?!?

Yup, I've been disabled by GBS.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Catheter shoved up my pee hole while I was conscious and with no pain meds.

My appendix had just bursted (I waited too long because I'm stubborn) and it was easily the most painful thing ever. The size of the tube is not thin like you would think. It's about the size of a Big Gulp straw's thickness. I would randomly think about it when pissing for a good 6 months and I'd grit my teeth.

Oh this reminds me of when they put a hook, light and camera thing up my dick to pull out a tube running from my kidney to my bladder and it hurt so loving much plus it was really humiliating since there were four people (one of them was a hot nurse) watching me. Couldn't piss normally for several days after. Thankfully I was unconscious when they applied my catheter and taking it out wasn't bad.

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

I was literally poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Honky Dong Country posted:

Really bloody? You've never smashed a fingernail or something and later it fell off? Basically like that except with a shitload more pain, tearing, and blood. It never did grow back right either and has required periodic maintenance ever since. Doesn't help that it was the second time I lost that toenail, the previous being the aforementioned smashing and falling off.

^^^ basically that except it went from perfectly normal to ripped the gently caress off in about a second rather than peacefully falling off after a painful smash

I've had atrocious black and blues under finger nails but no, I never ripped one off and I hope I never do. I had one pull back pretty hard and got some splinters under my nail and that was bad enough. I guess I just wondered if it was just the color of the rest of the finger or if it was like when the alien rips through someone's stomach. I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Goobish posted:

I gave birth to a 9 pound baby with two Tylenol. not because I didn't want medication but because it happened too fast for them to medicate me properly, and let me tell you I am not loving doing that ever again. Father of child said it was the worst thing he ever saw and thought I was dying. In fact the one time I did almost die from blood loss was way less painful than that.

Yeah this happened to my wife (the baby was 8 pounds though). Everyone told us that first time pregnancies usually result in labor being 12+ hours. She gave birth 40 minutes after we got to the hospital. No pain meds (way too far along).

Her screams were what I suspect it would sound like when someone was being stabbed to death. She actually was screaming so loud that she stopped making noise. It was just a screaming motion with tiny bits of air coming out.

She's actually kind of relieved she will probably need a C section for the second one.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

a7m2 posted:

Oh this reminds me of when they put a hook, light and camera thing up my dick to pull out a tube running from my kidney to my bladder and it hurt so loving much plus it was really humiliating since there were four people (one of them was a hot nurse) watching me. Couldn't piss normally for several days after. Thankfully I was unconscious when they applied my catheter and taking it out wasn't bad.

Haha yeah a group of four stood around me when they put my Catheter in too. Three of them I never saw before or after that. I am 100% convinced it was because they enjoy seeing how badly people take it. And yes one of them was hot too.

When they pulled it out it hurt bad too. But nowhere near as bad as when it went in.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Kidney stones. gently caress.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Yikes. Three lower back surgeries the last one being a fusion. They didn't hurt so much themselves but the pain leading up to them was awful. Like wake up at four, take oxy, sit in a chair for two hours before you could function for the day.

But that was nothing compared to having my golf ball sized tonsils removed as an adult.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a7m2 posted:

gently caress dude.

On a similar note the males in my family when they get really old tend to go crazy when they get hospitalized. Toward the end my grandfather was in and thought he was back in Korea and poo poo and talked about childhood stuff nobody knew about. But anyway, he got pissed off and pulled his own catheter out. I couldn't believe it. Dude just grabbed that loving thing with both hands and pulled until it popped out. I will never have as hardcore a pain tolerance as that old man, jesus.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I've also had a spinal tap before but that wasn't nearly as painful as I've heard people say they are. Plus, the guy who did it looked almost exactly like Leonard Nimoy, which was oddly comforting.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hit a deer on my motorcycle. The wreck didn't hurt as bad as getting the asphalt cleaned out of my leg and then 13 weeks of recovery. Got some cool scars out of it and a skin graft to cover the hole in one ankle. Seriously though, the pain of healing all the road rash and deep bruising was the loving worst.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

i had surgery on my spine @ 15 and it was a real downer

This

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

I got stabbed in the belly. Hurt like a motherfucker!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Having an abscess in my jaw progress to the point where it obliterated the nerve and stop hurting

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
An inner ear infection when I was like 15. Goddamn that hurt

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Cavity in a wisdom tooth turned into an abcess, was only about half a tooth left when they pried it out. The real pain was the weeks before I had it out, I'd carry a pocket bottle of mouthwash and Novocaine just to get through a workday. Now I keep dental insurance and actually floss.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Sudden onset ear infection once, that sucked. They gave me like 30 vicodin for it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Woke up with terrible pain in my eye. Like moving my eye would make me collapse it was so bad. My mate took me to hospital and they put some amethocaine in it and numbed it and gave me some codeine. I went home and had all the codeine at once and was fuckin zonked. Started drinking and the pain came back. Went to the hospital again and they gave me some oxy and numbed my eye again. Ate the oxy and kept drinking and then the pain came back again and at this point I was so hosed i was like throwing up in my mouth but I scored another box of codeine and more oxy. The doctor said to not take them together then he mistook my incredible cookness for pain and said "okay you can take them together" and I walked out of the hospital with more painkilled vomiting into my mouth and swallowing it.

I went to the eye hospital the next day and they said there was nothing wrong with my eye.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Cut my toe off

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Yeah this happened to my wife (the baby was 8 pounds though). Everyone told us that first time pregnancies usually result in labor being 12+ hours. She gave birth 40 minutes after we got to the hospital. No pain meds (way too far along).

Her screams were what I suspect it would sound like when someone was being stabbed to death. She actually was screaming so loud that she stopped making noise. It was just a screaming motion with tiny bits of air coming out.

She's actually kind of relieved she will probably need a C section for the second one.

I remember, when I could get words out, begging them to knock me out and give me a C-section, and they had to explain to me that the baby was already coming out so they couldn't do that. People who think that's the best day of their life are insane or lying or heavily medicated.

Benzodiazapine withdrawal would be a very close second. I was a dumbass and could have totally died. Hallucinating that lickers (from resident evil) are coming for me, slithering around on the floor for days, graduating to crawling for a few more, feeling my heart beat way too fast and then way too slow, feeling waves of physical pain and muscle spasms that I can't even really describe. Like something was grabbing my spine and squuzing. loving poo poo was the worst and i was so out of my mind I was too paranoid to go to a hospital to detox. I've had some speech problems ever since and I'm not sure if I had a seizure or wtf happened. They have gotten much better but ever since then I have had trouble with some specific words and grammar.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
I had dysentery from a colon infection that I ignored for about 3 or 4 days before I went to the ER. I was making GBS threads myself to death and was feverish and mega dehydrated.

Don't poo poo yourself to death.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

thomawesome posted:

I had dysentery from a colon infection that I ignored for about 3 or 4 days before I went to the ER. I was making GBS threads myself to death and was feverish and mega dehydrated.

Don't poo poo yourself to death.

You're not really having fun until you're also holding a trashcan in your lap and vomiting in it while making GBS threads at the same time. My entire family caught something that did that to us once. Four people with two bathrooms, everybody puking and making GBS threads simultaneously.

But 3 or 4 days? gently caress dude. At least the crap we had cleared up in 2.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
I had food poisoning once that did something similar. It lasted about two days. I thought I was getting over food poisoning until my fever spiked at like ~102.5 and went to a walk-in clinic where they sent me to the ER.

They thought it was appendicitis but it turned out to be colitis, which runs in my family. The night before I went to the ER, I could drink an entire 12 ounce bottle of water and poo poo out clear water about 10 minutes later. I must have looked horrible when I went in, but when they gave me the saline I apparently looked like a freshly watered flower.

E: Also I now have hemorrhoids years later still from how much making GBS threads I did that flare up from time to time.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
One time I ate a bunch of raw hamburger meat but it wasn't too bad

tickape
Jan 21, 2017

Goobish posted:

I remember, when I could get words out, begging them to knock me out and give me a C-section, and they had to explain to me that the baby was already coming out so they couldn't do that. People who think that's the best day of their life are insane or lying or heavily medicated.

Benzodiazapine withdrawal would be a very close second. I was a dumbass and could have totally died. Hallucinating that lickers (from resident evil) are coming for me, slithering around on the floor for days, graduating to crawling for a few more, feeling my heart beat way too fast and then way too slow, feeling waves of physical pain and muscle spasms that I can't even really describe. Like something was grabbing my spine and squuzing. loving poo poo was the worst and i was so out of my mind I was too paranoid to go to a hospital to detox. I've had some speech problems ever since and I'm not sure if I had a seizure or wtf happened. They have gotten much better but ever since then I have had trouble with some specific words and grammar.

ive heard benzos are bad but ive seen many heroin addicts tell me that effexor withdrawl is worse than heroin withdrawl which like, i believe bc...effexor withdrawl can last YEARS and since ive been thru it .. drat,.. i couldntmove

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Well at least we don't get cholera

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went to the doctor and said im addicted to benzos and I got like a years worth of benzos to taper off (not all at once of course im now marked as a drug addict)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

TWO WORDS

RAW DOG

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Isaac posted:

I went to the doctor and said im addicted to benzos and I got like a years worth of benzos to taper off (not all at once of course im now marked as a drug addict)

Is that how you became addicted to benzos?

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

I got injected with Narcan. You go from being on heroin to the exact opposite of heroin in the space of a few seconds. I felt like a rock had cracked open my skull.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Marked for Deadly Dependence on Opiates is the least funny Seagal movie.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my appendix burst and i walked into the ER and it felt like i had been stabbed repeatedly in the gut

then i had surgery and didnt take a poo poo for like a week

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tickape posted:

ive heard benzos are bad but ive seen many heroin addicts tell me that effexor withdrawl is worse than heroin withdrawl which like, i believe bc...effexor withdrawl can last YEARS and since ive been thru it .. drat,.. i couldntmove

One time I threw out a big line to catch a big fish and I just hoped and prayed I could explain away violence and brutality by the state with some medically unfounded bullshit. The best thing to do would be to just look up the pharmacology, calculate the metabolic half life, and titrate your dosage down to nothing over time so you don't have crazy seratonin and norepinephrine depletion and mood swings. And if you're still depressed eat some chocolate since it's a phenethylamine too. But hey I'm no scientist and I think i can take advantage of dumb people with no consequences.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

myDad posted:

Is that how you became addicted to benzos?

Id been doing benzos on and off for years. Sometimes id be doing them daily if I could find enough places to buy them. My main bloke killed himself and I didnt do any for years. Then I got another supply and did them for another few years on and off. Anyway I dont think at that point I was completely addicted, it probably did happen when I went on the taper

E: Actually it happened when I bought a shitload of 10mgs from a dude who'd smuggled them from thailand

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Either the time I tore every single muscle in my right shoulder, chest, back, neck, and lower lumbar. Or when I fractured my left foot and had to hop on my right leg a quarter mile down the driveway and huff Ready Whip to get the pain under control.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

pushing boulders through my ureter was bullshit.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Broke my pinky toe.. was in moderate pain for a week. That was brutal

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm sure kidney stones aren't the most painful thing in the world but they're still insanely painful and it's hosed up how common they are and how one the size of a pea can really gently caress you up good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Sometime when I was about 8 or 9 I experienced testicular torsion which was pretty drat painful. Luckily my mom took me to the ER before any real damage was done. Then sometime last year I did something to my lower back and couldn't take more than a few steps without incredible pain and spasms shooting up my spine. I didn't have any pain killers or muscle relaxers on hand so I was self medicating with alcohol. The worst part was when I had to take a poo poo. It took me about forty minutes to wipe my rear end because I had to psych myself up each time due to the pain being so intense. Hopefully I'll never go through something like that again.

• Locked thread