Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

That would be because my code is a hideous mess and I had some incorrect bag comps. I just edited the post with plots which should be accurate. I added a second Cultist token for the story choice at the start of the campaign, and I set Skull to -3 even though it's highly variable throughout the first scenario. The rest of the values are for that first scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
After a run through Carcosa that ended at the asylum, I think it’s very hard to run Patrice in a smaller party. She can succeed at anything but she doesn’t have much action compression or easy damage. Also, it’s extremely hard to run Dexter flexibly, so many assets want to run in different directions.

We could’ve had more luck using portals but with EOTE there are lots of new travel options, mostly in seeker.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Golden Bee posted:

After a run through Carcosa that ended at the asylum, I think it’s very hard to run Patrice in a smaller party. She can succeed at anything but she doesn’t have much action compression or easy damage. Also, it’s extremely hard to run Dexter flexibly, so many assets want to run in different directions.

We could’ve had more luck using portals but with EOTE there are lots of new travel options, mostly in seeker.

I think she needs summoned hounds played with flares and chance encounters to get enough action compression to really pull her weight.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

A friend and I have figured how to get around certain disability issues and about to both take our first run through Carcosa.

He's got Nathaniel Cho, and I've got Jacqueline Fine. We ran them through the Zealot and they seemed a good team. We took R2 and my friend wants to press directly on even with the four traumas we each took, plus a bonus basic weakness for him. Is it a dumb idea to start a campaign at 7/ 4 sanity/ health for me and 4/ 7 for him?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Xlorp posted:

A friend and I have figured how to get around certain disability issues and about to both take our first run through Carcosa.

He's got Nathaniel Cho, and I've got Jacqueline Fine. We ran them through the Zealot and they seemed a good team. We took R2 and my friend wants to press directly on even with the four traumas we each took, plus a bonus basic weakness for him. Is it a dumb idea to start a campaign at 7/ 4 sanity/ health for me and 4/ 7 for him?

With the bonus ~20 XP or however much you got from NotZ, you should be fine. Both characters have the stats and abilities to help, just bring soak.

So I've tried a bunch of parallel Wendy builds and I hate it. Physically searching through the bag to find bless/curse tokens, sometimes multiple times a turn, isn't a good time. If I was playing true solo or just being her in a multiplayer game, it'd be more fun. Doesn't help that I'm two-handing it with Trish in Innsmouth: not only does Trish keep exploding from sanity, but there are too many enemies and neither character can clear them. I thought Armageddon 0 would do a decent job, but those charges don't go very far. Sucks because she looks neat on paper, but in practice it's too finicky.

Innsmouth is my least favorite campaign, I've decided. The testless damage/horror I've already mentioned, but the only scenario that stands out is Horror in High Gear: all the others jumble together in my head because they're just Tidal Tunnels and RNG key placement. Edge of the Earth does everything Innsmouth does, but waaayyy better.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah you brought two seekers to a campaign with more than average spawns. That’s gonna be a bad time.

Summoned hound or the new EOTE card that gives you fast actions depending on Synergy is good.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Hey now, The Vanishing of Elina Harper doesn't have any of that stuff and it's the best Run Around Town scenario in the game. I won't argue EotE is the clear best campaign, though.

I PM'd the OP of this thread and they agreed it was time for a new one, so I'll probably post it within the next day or two. What title should it have? I kind of like this one but I don't know if thread titles are unique. The other idea would be something like "Arkham Horror : The Card Game - Revised Core Out Now." Anyone care?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Arkham The card game: go crazy building Dexter

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Xlorp posted:

You are going to completely trivialize the campaign with that bonus xp. It isn't really designed for people to bring investigators between campaigns.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Kalko posted:

That would be because my code is a hideous mess and I had some incorrect bag comps. I just edited the post with plots which should be accurate. I added a second Cultist token for the story choice at the start of the campaign, and I set Skull to -3 even though it's highly variable throughout the first scenario. The rest of the values are for that first scenario.

Ok so I still have a question. The bag with 2 frost tokens contains two separate ways to result in autofail, whereas the bag with no frost tokens only contains 1 autofail. Given this, how can they both max out on the same success percentage?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

It's due to rounding. Here's the raw output to six decimal places, upped to 500k simulated pulls.

EotE Hard - Zero Frost Tokens

EotE Hard - Two Frost Tokens

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Huh, that's certainly a smaller effect than I'd have guessed. Always good to see the actual numbers, thanks! Also means the frost tokens are certainly not to be avoided at all costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, I found the more pressing concern from having too many in the bag was all the chip damage and other scenario effects that interact with them.

In other news, the new thread is up! You can find it here.

I've reserved the second post - I might do something like deckbuilding suggestions for each of the investigators in the older cycles as they get released in the new format, or something else. Let me know if you want to see anything added to or removed or changed about it.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 3, 2022