Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badgers Nadgers
Aug 7, 2006
Being a fan of Eldritch Horror, I'm interested in picking this up for playing solo and with my eldest son, but had a few questions as I've not dipped into LCGs before (MTG and V:TES back in the day is my main exposure to card games and deck building).

I've read a few early reviews when the core set came out mentioning that you really needed to pick up two base sets to give you a decent pool of cards to build a deck from. With all the expansions/mythos packs out now, is this still the case? Do you normally need to buy multiple copies of
mythos packs? I guess I'm still in the CCG frame of mind.

How does the game play with 3-4 players compared to 2 or solo?

Just reading people's comments about small print runs and availability issues has me wondering about the availability of the expansions, mythos and scenario packs. Are they normally reprinted regularly or am I going to have real issues picking up expansions if I don't keep up with the release schedule and/or pre-order? Dunwich Horror Legacy seems to be out of stock everywhere, but on FFG's site it looks a reprint is currently shipping. (This is probably a dumb question, but there you go).

I'm still a little concerned about replayability but perhaps it's been improved with the scenario packs and expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badgers Nadgers
Aug 7, 2006
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Think I'll pick up two core sets and see how we get on, then grab Dunwich when it comes back into stock.

Badgers Nadgers
Aug 7, 2006

Obama 2012 posted:

If you're impatient, Fantasy Flight's retail store in MN is my FLGS and they have copies of everything in stock right now. I've sent a couple of items out to other goons in the thread already. Send me a PM if you need anything.

Thanks Obama.

Badgers Nadgers
Aug 7, 2006

Funzo posted:

Are there any good gameplay videos on YouTube or wherever?

I quite like "The Whisperer in Darkness" on YouTube. He's got various gameplay vids for each of the scenarios and card reviews etc.