Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Rad Valtar posted:

I think I'll just grab some of the big white boxes I use to keep my magic cards in.

Honestly that's what I've found to be best for all the LCGs. Binders get too crowded/unwieldy IMO, having cards in the boxes with appropriate dividers is good enough for me.

And I do like the dividers they make, but assuming the game does well you'll eventually outgrow them. They're great for board games though (I have one for mage knight that I really like).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I kinda wish they'd quit adding so many cards that cost XP. I do like the xp system, but I'd still rather have more base options for deckbuilding vs. always needing to spend xp for the better cards. Alternately some other system to get cards temporarily in your deck would be nice. I'm just thinking about the Arkham board game where sometimes you would just randomly get lucky and get something very powerful early.

All that said,m the game's still great fun and I'm enjoying getting my rear end kicked (although most recently we ran kinda roughshod over the carnival). I really dig a lot of the mechanics for how the missions progress, it's impressive how well they're designed.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Plavski posted:

I was playing Carn and Rou with Jim which was probably a mistake. People rave about his consistency, but he can take so long to get set up that everything has spiraled already in those side-stories.

I've been having great success with Ashcan in my main playthroughs, primarily because of the ridiculous movement increases Duke gives. I will have to give him a spin through those sides as I think he's one of the few that can keep up with the pace solo.

I'm pretty sure Ashcan Pete's either the best or second-best for solo play (him and Skids). I agree about Jim taking a lot of setup time. I'm also not the biggest fan of his stat spread-you're too reliant on getting gear to be able to do a lot of things.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Skids is actually better at combat than Roland imo. Roland gets bonus str obviously, but Skids gets bonus actions and his Agi makes sure he has a good chance at getting away form junk he can't beat. It's great for the times when you don't have a weapon just yet (or are out of ammo, or fighting multiple dudes as a machete wielder, etc). And as for willpower, I find that typically to be the least useful stat just because there's no base action that really relies upon it-agi can always evade, str always fights, int always investigates. Just make sure you have a couple skill boosts to mitigate some of the worst of the pulls and you're fine. Obviously willpower tests suck on him, but no more than agility tests suck on Roland

I actually never considered Roland as a dude to run solo. As was mentioned, he's great on teams (like most everyone is-I only think Rex and Agnes are kinda meh) but solo he's gonna have trouble doing much.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Replayability has not been an issue for me. Each scenario has multiple endings, and if you avoid reading them in the campaign book until it's time that can increase replayability a bit. Also so far they've done a great job of making each investigator feel very different; my Zoey/Daisy campaign felt very different from my Roland/Rex campaign, and both of those are Guardan + Seeker campaigns.

To add on to this, the way the scenarios are laid out even if you know what could show up, you don't necessarily know if/when it will show up. That by itself makes each game different and along with the core gameplay being so good makes the game quite replayable.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

medchem posted:

I've now played the base set campaign all the way through twice (2 players with 2 core sets), and both times, we just got wrecked early in the third scenario. I'm 2/3 of the way through another try, but I just don't feel very confident we'll do well in the third scenario. It just seems like the first scenario is fairly easy. The second one is iffy, but since you can still advance with a partial win, it's not that bad. The third one is rough.

So, is this really how hard it is? Is Dunwich Legacy a bit smoother?

I'd say it's smoother in that it doesn't have an equivalent to the first scenario. Really you have to treat that as a training/intro scenario-it's not a total walkover, but it's fairly simple. Depending on how 2 turns out, 3's difficulty will vary. Also party comp has a lot to do with it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

lummawks posted:

What sleeves are you guys using? I've used Fantasy Flight sleeves in the past for other games but find that they stick out above the top of the card a bit much for my liking.

I use Dragon Shield clear for encounter cards and Dragon Shield clear matte for investigator cards. Lets me tell them apart quick just by feel. Also Dragon Shields are just good sleeves in general.

And the new investigator cards are all pretty good imo. The permanent skillboosters all have a place if you can afford them, and I really like what the non-xp cards do for each faction.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Inquiring mind is really good, especially for a zero. I don't mind Alyssa either-she actually is kinda amazing with the bonus investigator from the book deal (that I'm still sad I didn't get :( ). Although acolytes largely serve the same function.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

I really like tactical options that let you mess with the encounter deck like Scrying and now Alyssa.

Charisma seems like it would be absolutely required before investing in her for Marie -- 4 resources is expensive for a Mystic and a Baron Samedi draw would kill her immediately and waste that investment. Great combo once you have Charisma though.

Yeah they confirmed you just got her early if you got the book. Scans of the card are out there so she's real easy to proxy. The book is awesome though.

Yeah I know you just get her early, but it appears she's not in the next expansion either so it's taking a lot longer for her to come out than I expected. Also my friend did get the book and I'm just a bit jealous since he's been playing her since day one.

Charisma is definitely a go-to card for Marie because as you mentioned Samedi just wrecks you. Even without though she's still gonna be solid since you can't totally fear Samedi. The effect is also super strong-unlike scrying you're not delaying some event but actually trashing it (although 1 doom isn't insignificant). And I don't find mystics to be that short on cash-forbidden knowledge plus emergency seems to keep them in cash, and a lot of their other stuff seems reasonable in cost (although most of my mystic experience has just been with Jim).

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

dexefiend posted:

I have all the cards so far, and I am having guys over to play next week.

Which 4 (or 5) investigators should I build? I need to make sure they are very different.

I was thinking Roland, Skids, The Hobo, Daisy, and the Trumpet Player.

Daisy, Wendy, Skids, Jim. If you want to add another, Ashcan Pete.

It's likely how I built him, but I find Roland and Skids to play kinda similar.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

New article up about spending experience during a campaign. Nothing terribly amazing about it, but they did preview one card that I think we haven't seen yet:

I dig this one a lot. More to deck out Jim!

Yeah that'll really help him.

Also I've found that Jim's kinda a monster in the Dunwich scenarios. The ratio of skills is pretty high, so you end up with so many outs so much of the time. When nearly half of the chaos bag ends up being even or better on skill tests (can't forget your candles!) you have so much more freedom.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

Holy crap. My playgroup last night did the traincar mission, where a location disappears every 4 doom counters or such and anyone on it dies, I don't remember the name. We have four players and we never made it past the second car before we all got sucked into the vortex. It was insane. Is that mission supposed to just be ball-bustingly hard? At no point during the mission did it feel like it was even conceivable to reach the final traincar. having to acquire twelve clues before you can leave a traincar was nuts. Anybody else have any advice on that one?

First time we ran that we got sucked up almost immediately (had 2 doom events and one of our people played an arcane initiate). Second time it was a bit tricky, but still doable. It's really about being very careful with your actions-you don't have much time to waste on setup and whatnot. I think some of the other cars also have fewer clues, also the shroud values are generally low on the cars with lots of clues. You just need to keep moving. You may even end up able to push past a couple cars at a time (which if possible, do it). And for what it's worth, it is a fairly high-pressure mission.

That said, if you do get sucked up it's not the end of the world.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Zodiac5000 posted:

You cannot enter the next car until all the clues are gone from the car adjacent to it though, so you literally cannot move past a couple cars at a time.

As was mentioned some cars have far less clues, but also I was talking more about being willing to spread out/abandon slower people. There's a lot of can't move effects and whatnots, so you have to make sure you're always pushing forward on the train.

And as for being the hardest mission, I'm not sure I'd say that. The most recent one is quite a beast. Really, Dunwich as a whole ups the difficulty a bunch. That's not a complaint by the way, everything is very well designed and it's fun to have actual tension in a game like that.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

There's some serious power coming out in the next pack (and if anyone's done the 5th mission, you'll likely agree it's well deserved).

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Radish posted:

Question: Which is better for a seeker, Blinding Light or Mind Over Matter? For someone like Daisy it feels like mind over matter is way better since it's for a whole turn of tests and doesn't have the chance of an added penalty with the non number tokens. It's also useful for tests outside of evading. The trade off is not doing the one damage but that doesn't really seem worth it to me. Am I missing something, but it feels like Blinding Light gets used more frequently.

If you go blinding light don't bother with the base, just get the upgraded version (obviously that currently only applies to Daisy). Mind over Matter is a must imo, outside of just evades it gets you around dumb stuff like locked doors and whatnot. Also I can't remember if Mind over Matter can be used during Mythos phase, but that's another consideration if you decide to run it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

PJOmega posted:

Any thoughts on Strange Solutions? It feels like the 4 experience cost makes it not worth running. I've still got them in a Rex deck having just finished part 6 of the Dunwich Horror and I've never felt spending a scenario's worth of xp on it was worthwhile.

I'm a fan of the combat version. It's really cheap and can put out some damage. Great to have in case you get separated from your combat dude (or if you're running solo).

I'm not a big of fan of it for Daisy though, since I think she should run more spell-heavy and in that case loading up on spell combat is better so you can boost your attack with Higher Learning.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

I need a good, concise pitch for what the Wendy actually does. I always have trouble succintly describing her to newbies.

Evade tank and secondary clue gatherer. She's great at evade locking dudes, and with her compliment of fail-but-not-really stuff from survivor she can do a decent job getting clues.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

dexefiend posted:

On harder difficulties, she can also negate a little bit of how bad some of the chaos tokens are. if you play in a narrative manner, it is fun to act out Annie.

Edit: Her amulet also lets you do cool things. I.e. Use a event for its icons to help a friend, and then play it out of your discard pile.

The experienced survivor and rogue cards are also pretty powerful.

The problem I have with Rogue cards is that a few of the better ones are super-expensive (including the exceptionals). They also run event heavy, which kinda mitigates the impact imo of some-it shouldn't matter but paying 3-4 xp for a one time effect feels a bit worse to me than say, getting upgraded shrivelling. I don't think they have too much in the way of intermediate upgrades outside of getting switchblades. I believe the lvl. 1 card in the next set will be very helpful, assuming I'm remembering correctly what it is lockpicks.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

I feel like i'm playing this game wrong but going through the core and it seems 10x as hard as LOTR LCG is....I got up to the last Act of the first campaign with the Ghoul Priest, had to do 10 damage and realzied it was basically impossible with my selections (Daisy and Skids) :( what did I do wrong

I'd put Skids as the second-best combat dude (behind Zoey) and Daisy can chip in with Mind over Matter and/or shrivellings. I'm guessing you don't have enough combat focus in your deck(s).

Or you DO have enough combat stuff but didn't draw into it. I know that seems to be occasionally a problem in my games-I'll advance faster than necessary and end up in a bad position for the final part of the scenario.

All that said though, if you're only playing single core the initial stuff can be a bit rough. The cool thing is that there's no real fail state-even if you get defeated/have to run, you can proceed with the next mission.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

I usually try to throw away cards for the icons so drawing a skull from the chaos bag doesn't trigger a negative result, but needing a -1 or better isn't that bad on normal difficulty.

Since the mission ends after you beat the cultist, using the rest of your hand to get +1/+2 on each of those attacks is worth it, and needing a -2 or -3 is pretty good odds.

Edit: I wouldn't play on hard without a second core set. Being able to include 2 machetes, 2 vicious blows, and 2 police officers with skids is a huge deal. 2 mind over matters with daisy is similarly important. Note that the example starter decks are intentionally bad to encourage deck building.

Imo you don't want two cops. You won't have charisma yet, and you have access to Leo, use him.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I believe DoN only doubles stuff on the base action you use it on, not extra effects. Or so that's how I read the FAQ, I could be wrong.

Still a great card. And yeah rex is borderline broken. Just keep him away from combat...

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

One thing to note, it's not all that unusual to have cards that feel useless and/or less than optimal in this. The scenarios are fairly well designed in that they won't let you keep going to the same tricks over and over (see the outcry over the 5th pack of the dunwich cycle for an example of this). Especially when you're going in blind and/or aren't gearing your decks specifically to deal with a certain scenario. That said the previous suggestion of using Ashcan Pete is a good one (since you can throw cards to ready Duke). If you have the new set Minh could also be an interesting choice if you're aggressive with using cards as skill boosts.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Yesss, everyone play Lola she’s so fun deckbuildijg for.

How did you build her? A couple people in my group took swings but so far haven't seemed to hit on anything.

I'm thinking Survivor stat boosters/Mystic statboosters, alongside Guardian/Rogue events & permanents (basically trying to minimize trouble from her weakness & the need to jump). I'd also like to fit in higher learning, but that may require leaning more heavily into Seeker than I'd like.

Also I really hate the 6/6 for sanity & health. I think 7/7 would've been fine and not left her feeling quite so fragile. She just seems to take a lot of setup in general (similar to Jenny Barnes imo, only with higher setup/payoff).

Also yeah, all the new investigators seem really fun (honestly there's not been one I haven't liked in the game so far but still). Honestly this game just amazes me every time I play it, it's probably FFG's best product ever. Everything just works so well.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 14, 2017

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

I think Sefina can use Delve Too Deep with The Painted World.

5 bonus XP each scenario while nearly guaranteeing the party's loss makes me want to try an "I'm outta here!" style playthrough where Investigators bumble and fail their way through a campaign only to finally defeat an ancient god by ramming a boat load of upgraded cards into him.

I don't think that works. Painted world goes to the VP area but then there's no actual VP on it.

That said, Delve is such a fun card. Our first run though Carcosa had us ending up with 12 vps after the first scenario from 5 delves and William's unique card.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Radish posted:

We just played Undimensioned and Unseen and is it just me or was that scenario bad?

Why did you think it was bad? I enjoyed it a lot, it certainly felt memorable. I could see how some of the mechanics would make it frustrating but I thought it added to the tenseness of it.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Radish posted:

I had a few issues:

Hmm, I'm not sure then if I just got lucky, or you had a bad break. I do think it's somewhat designed to punish a lot of the workaround-type things that people use (similar to how the previous mission doesn't let you "cheat" for clues/investigation as much). Also, I think we basically took a turn off to do a lot of setup (thanks gold pocket watch!) so after we kinda figured out the gimmick, we got loaded for bear and then proceeded.

Also, thinking back we may have had more xp in our group since we make ample use of delve too deep. I'm starting to think that card's too good and/or needs to have some sort of limit. In our try at Carcosa, we got through the first scenario with 13 xp. Of course, showing that xp isn't everything we struggled hard in the second part (group of 4 with 3 people playing new characters, 2 of which seemed to have made some highly suspect deckbuilding choices).

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Knife and lantern are great on William. Machete is good like always but knives help you fight multiple people. I think he's probably the second best combat person behind Lola, and you could make arguments he's the best.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Don't like the idea of the book exclusive cards, even though I most likely was gonna get them. I don't mind having the cards out early like Lambeau but being totally different cards feels a bit lame.

As an aside, I really wish they'd reissue the arkham minis they did before. I'd definitely pick up a full set of the heroes even though they're not all released in the LCG yet.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Yeah Overzealous seems a bit out of line with some of the others. Most of the others roughly are the equivalent of two actions to mitigate. Overzealous can be backbreaking.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Radish posted:

I'm looking to make a Sefina Rousseau deck for the current campaign but I'm kind of at a loss at how rogue decks are supposed to function. They seem like they are very situationally good at clue gathering or fighting but require event cards so they aren't consistent. Is there a proper way to run them (I assume Leo De Luca is basically required)? Also what type of character pairs well with one?

In my experience Rogues can do everything passably well to great, but suffer from needing a lot of setup (they're all pretty resource hungry). I think Sefina's in an odd spot now in that I'm not quite sure there's enough good events for her to really take advantage of (especially starting fresh). But if I was pairing her, I'd likely go with someone really good at clues (Rex would be sweet) and use spells/events to work as a tanky/fighty character. You can do the evade tank thing early on when necessary or for obnoxious enemies, and later you just kill with backstabs and shrivels. Blinding light upgrade also does double duty for something like this.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

So if I'm feeling like playing a mystic but, due to team composition, have to be decent at gathering clues, I really have to pick Agnes, don't I?

I think Jim's perfectly fine in that role after a bit of xp.

Alternately, Daisy's practically a mystic!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

Good. Don't further enable FFG.

Lol just wait for the outcry when the l5r books start coming out.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

So, in practice, does Yorrick actually want to do some weapon juggling (knives, pistols, whatever), or is a Machete + some trashable utility item the porper way to go?

I've had success running machete, knives, and then varying pistols. You can be super loose using the disposable stuff, but machete helps save cash and/ or when you wanna cycle something else. Also getting 2 enemies with machete feels real bad with no backup. Bandolier is made for him since you get machete, utility item (lantern) and still get your juggling item

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

So FFG announced it's next book and instead of being Roland (who someone got packaged in their Jenny book) it's an entirely new investigator:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/7/ire-of-the-void/

Can't see what his deckbuilding requirements are, but he seems pretty strong on the face of it. Also I think that also should mean we know two of the investigators in the next expansion (since I'd guess Marie will make an appearance there).

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Where is the card spoiler for stick to the plan?

Edit: Turns out I am illiterate

OK stick to the plan is amazing. That's just an auto include in any deck that can take it. Would be ace with shortcut as well! Two free actions and draw a card for 3XP is so strong.

It's 6 xp. Note that it's exceptional. That said it's still really good.

Also I have to echo what some have been saying about Delve too Deep. IMO it's the most powerful card in the game if you're running a campaign.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 21, 2018

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Honestly at this point I'd say it's FFG's best designed LCG and I'm not sure it's even close. I've actually been surprised at how well it's held up and how replayable everything is. My regular group is already planning on restarting Carcosa after the last pack's released and we finish that. They've done a real good job, and seeing some of the new cards makes me feel even better about the future of the game as it seems they're going into some interesting directions in terms of design space.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I'm surprised so many people think Calvin looks good. Dude seems like the worst character in the game, easy. IMO he shouldve been 8/8 with a cap of like +4 or +5 to his abilities. As it is he's gonna have to take 3 damage/3 sanity to just get to be an average character, and that's his ability.

I wasn't impressed with the new Guardian chick either tbh. But this dude just seems worse.

That said I'm still glad with the overall direction as they're still pushing the boundaries on the system. The new expansion's looking to be very interesting.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Eh I don't even know if his design is that interesting. Mark has a similar damage for power thing, only he has actual stats. I just think they went to far nerfing him. Like before he's even functional you have to put in a ton of work. I don't know if the payoff is work it.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 31, 2018

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

So I got into this in my ongoing attempt to make sure I never have too much money (I've mostly quit Magic if you're curious what my old money sink was.) From reading the thread, it looks like I'm not the only one to make the switch. So I was wondering a few things.

1. I'm pretty sure this has been answered but is there any reason I can't use newer cards for older campaigns? I got the whole set of Carcosa + its expansions from the CSI sale a few months ago, so is there any reason I can't or shouldn't use them to play through the base campaign? I've been thinking about getting a 2nd core set but I want to see what's in that redo they're doing of the core set. If it's like a redo of the core set with all of the original cards and some new stuff, I'll wait for that. Have there been any updates since the announcement? I've only played with the base decks it gives you in the learn to play book, and I'm still trying to figure out what's actually good. I've made a few upgrades to the decks with the 7 exp we got but I'm sure they're not very good. Especially only having 1 base set. I'm out of town until tomorrow or I'd post the changes I made for everyone to laugh at.

2. I've only played through the first part of the original campaign a few times. Once alone trying to learn the game, once with my wife trying to relearn it and teach her, and once again alone just to kill time at work. For people who've played through the campaigns multiple times with different people, did it work better once you had some knowledge of it already? I wouldn't have any trouble pretending I don't know what's going to happen and I think it would be good to be able to help her a little if she gets stuck.

3. Are there any "traps" that people fall into? For example in Magic, everyone who has ever played the game has tried to build a life gain deck. Most of us have learned that this is not good. Are there things like that in this game? I put the Elder Sign Amulet, I think it was called, in my Roland deck to boost his sanity he took 1 permanent horror in the resolution of the first game and I was worried about him only having 4 and a bulletproof vest in Wendy's deck. But even as I was putting them in, I kept thinking it was a trap. Like it would probably be better as an ally to soak the damage or just a card that helps me not take the damage to begin with. I'll probably build new decks and start over when we play next, hopefully with some newer cards and some input from people who know what they're doing.

4. Is anyone ITT near Pittsburgh? Everyone is super unreliable and I'd like to have a few people I could meet with semi-regularly for whatever.

1. Some people only like playing with cards that were available during whatever campaign they run, but there's no reason from the game. It'll tend to make things easier of course, but not so much that I've really noticed it being a problem.

2. It does definitely help if you've already ran a scenario, but the game does pretty good at keeping things random and often having multiple branches/available choices so each run may not be exactly the same. But having a gist of what's going on will give an advantage, and sometimes knowing the "gimmick" of whatever scenario you're running will make things easier as well. Of course, you're more than free to largely ignore whatever knowledge you have.

3. Being co-op, I think you have a lot more leeway in deckbuilding. One thing I would point out though is being aware of slots, and what other items compete with them. For example, survivors get leather jacket as a body slot-it's less health than the bullet proof vest, but it's also free and costs no xp. Elder amulet may end up fighting with Police Badge for guardians (which roland is). That said, because of the upgrade mechanic and the fact that you may be adapting to different things (need for different roles, trauma, weaknesses, etc) it's often good to be at least a little flexible. So getting the elder sign amulet isn't horrible, especially if you've already taken some trauma. Also, how you build your deck can vary greatly depending on who you may be in a party with or if you're running solo.

All that said, the biggest "trap" i'd say is to make sure and watch your card costs and think about what (if anything) you need to do your base role. So if you're a fighty dude, you probably want multiple weapons/ways to search so you can get running ASAP.

Also as an aside, you'll find that Arkham (or any LCG really) won't sink your money nearly as much as MtG. If you're interested in something competitive, I'd recommend AGoT, although there's lots of people who like L5R and Netrunner as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Bill Yorick probably needs to ne better at dealing with monsters just from looking at the deck again. I think I should have made a Mark Harrigan deck, but I like William in the other games and making a mono-blue deck with the very few tactics I have with my current pool seemed pretty difficult.
I'll probably take the clue-finding cards out to start.

Daisy is the clue finder. Getting a 2nd Research Librarian seems pretty essential. I can't tell if Astral Travel is good or not. It seems like it could be good for finding clues but I can also see it going horribly wrong in any number of ways. She seems like she loses the most from not having a 2nd core set. Mind Over Matter, Research Librarian, Scrying, Shrivelling, and Old Book of Lore all seems like things I'd really want multiples of.

You posted the same deck twice fwiw.

Daisy seems ok, but you really want Dr. Milan Christopher over renfield. I also don't like Eureka all that much, but I could see it going either way. I'm not a big fan of Glyphs, and I don't know if you really need flashlights with Daisy as she's pretty solid on her own. Torrent of Power is also kinda meh on her, you'll want all your charges especially on workhorses like shrivelling.

Eggnogium posted:

Can you expand on this? Why are you more screwed drawing a weakness at the end of your turn than any other time? Are there many weaknesses that make enemy attacks worse?
It's not necessarily that, it's just the fact that you don't have time to react to it in case it is something that would require some mitigating action.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 18, 2018