Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Kerro posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of a card that's 'test Willpower 3' - so with his base 2 willpower, drawing a -2 or worse loses you 3 sanity, or half his max.

I guess we've just found it hard to put the strengths you describe into practice given the pacing of scenarios. Agreed that Leo is good, Machete can be great and Sneak Attack/Backstab can make up for his low fight value - but they also cost a huge amount of resources (not to mention dynamite). Even in the best case scenario of drawing Leo and Machete in the opening hand, he can get them both into play if he does nothing else but at that point is at zero resources and still can't necessarily effectively fight (4 fight with Machete is only barely enough for some monsters and not enough for many) OR investigate for a few more turns until he has resources and/or skill cards in hand. In the games we've played he just feels too slow to get going - by the point he's fully online he's often taken enough sanity damage that he can't too well afford to go toe to toe with many enemies.

Emergency Cache and Hot Streak have both kept my Skids going just fine. Really I use stuff like Sneak Attack and Dynamite to make evading just as damaging as fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Why does everyone have to spend a boatload of money on cardboard dividers. Use a binder and ultra pro black pages and a card box from your flgs.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Which person are you playing

alg
Mar 14, 2007

$3 a month to pirate an LCG? Wasn't OCTGN supposed to be open source?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

teacup posted:

I’m hearing so many conflicting words on how to go about buying this. I’d love to buy it for my wife and I to play. Do you buy two of the main game then and then one of each expansion you want? Is there a “pack” you can get with a few now or just buy one by one? Just buy in order of release?

There isn't really any conflict. Buy two cores and one of each expansion after that, in order of release.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Christ I hate packing exclusives with game novels

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A Horse Named Mandy posted:

Do you bother to sleeve your cards, and if so, which ones? I've sleeved the small character cards since I would destroy them trying to flip on a regular basis, but any others seem like it would just get in the way.

Sleeving makes shuffling much easier and obviously protects cards. I use ffg clear

alg
Mar 14, 2007

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

In my Carcosa 5 investigator game we're on scenario 6 or so counting Carnevale and the Rougagou.

We've been abusing Delve too Deep and Bury Them Deep so much we've accumulated something like 16 exp beyond what we've earned from the scenarios.

The last scenario we played (the one at the nuthouse) was almost too easy on Hard mode with all of our characters super pumped up. We've been not jokingly talking about an Expert play through but I'm a little apprehensive.

Isn't 5 players more than the game supports

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I mean of course I would expect odd balance issues if I played with more players than the game supports

alg
Mar 14, 2007

When is labyrinths of lunacy releasing!!!!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

They had one a month or two ago where we got custom Daisy stuff and a playmat

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Wow, Labyrinths of Lunacy finally released

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/7/maddening-mazes/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

This deckbox is weird. It's too wide one way and the other would be very oddly divided.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Lol: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/165521/alternate-gender-investigators-male

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/27/shattered-aeons/

Borrowed time and Ace in the hole look so cool

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Lol we lost Return to the Night of the Zealot pretty badly on the last adventure. Roland and Jenny didn't make a good duo. We've beaten Night of the Zealot + Dunwich as Pete/Zoey before.

Think Agnes/Rex would be good for Carcosa? Is Agnes fighty enough?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I guess we'll find out today. I included I've got a Plan and Strange Solution just in case

Edit: Rex is a machine

alg fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 5, 2018

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/9/5/return-to-the-dunwich-legacy/

Noice

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Rhaegar posted:

Is the Return to the Night of the Zealot upgrade expansion worth it?

I really liked it for the price. The storage worked for me and the new content was fun. I'm not someone who buys the wood storage units and poo poo though. I simply sleeve my scenario cards and put them in the box.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Just go to the next Invocation,, you will get cards and a playmat for like $20.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

uncle blog posted:

Suggestions for a card storage solution where I can store the cards horizontally? Most options seem to be vertical, which I’m not a fan of.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/trading-card/trading-card-boxes

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/12/the-circle-undone/

That intro sounds so cool

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Joe D seems like what I wanted Roland to be. Really excited to play the PI

alg
Mar 14, 2007

FFG was really bad at supply and then Asmodee bought them and made it ten times worse. Then covid :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It makes sense to me, I just don't know why they would even split it. Just make one big box.