Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Hello! There is a wonderful community for the Arkham Horror LCG right over here on this Discord: https://discord.gg/5KUx5jryaT

You will not be able to find the Arkham Horror LCG Super Complete Edition on the Steam Workshop anymore because it was taken down some time ago.

The Discord channel has all this and more! Stickied notes got me through the setup, never having used Steam or TTS before today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Anyone get into the Highlander mode of deck building? I feel put off by the optimization aspect of just stuffing in pairs of the best cards for certain combos but would still like to build something better than those gosh-awful 1 core+deluxe decks FFG prints.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

ketchup vs catsup posted:

FFG pls do the Barkham Horror treatment for Circus Undone

The eldritch horror of clowns can never die

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

John Romero posted:

i just ordered the core set and am extremely excited to Vape CBD and play this by myself

Cthulhu By Day.

Hastur in the sheets...

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

My FLGS did not get their shipment of "The Lair of Dagon". Considering I prepaid it 6 months ago, that's unsporting.

Anybody know where I might score a pack in the US?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Xlorp posted:

My FLGS did not get their shipment of "The Lair of Dagon". Considering I prepaid it 6 months ago, that's unsporting.

Anybody know where I might score a pack in the US?

Answering my own question. I found stock at
CLS Games
Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
CLSGames@Comcast.Net
(770) 310-2498

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

General Battuta posted:

Sorry I think I'm having a minor stroke?

I thought I had gotten seriously out of touch with the current meta lingo.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

jeeves posted:

Edit - it’s crazy for me to realize how much I’ve spent blinging out my game for the last 5 years, esp when Netrunner is my actual true love card game :P
Loves me my Burger tokens. Not gonna lie it's been weird to realize that we were out of coinage in the house and I used an old stack of wheat pennies. I know there's ancient, eldritch $$ energy baked into them now.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Am sitting in a weird place with AH:LCG. I was the designated collector of the stuff for our game group of 3 people at work. We'd meet every 2-4 weeks on site for pizza and a scenario. We got through NotZ to bring our 3rd up to speed, then hit Dunwich and a bunch of standalones. Right before covid shut our workplace down, we finished Guardians of the Abyss, which is indeed frustratingly tough.

I kept on collecting and have all the current content except for the promo books, and the Roland parallel 'By the Book' (and Labyrinths of course). I don't expect we'll be face to face for many moons yet and I still haven't run any campaign content past Dunwich.

Assuming I m no longer keeping spoiler-free for my old group, should I play Carcosa myself with 2 investigators? Is it better to find some kind of on line group of 3+ to go through it?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Definitely play the wonderfully done module on TTS. I still collect everything because this is one of my favorite games but I have no idea when I'll play it in person again.

Spoilers don't matter much. The game is highly replayable and I don't understand the subset of players that play through each campaign only once.

I've played Carcosa two handed and true solo. Both work, depending on your comfort with the system.
As long as I don't have to take a cheesed out Seeker & Guardian pair to do it. I like Mystic & Rogue, and I cannot lie.
Fan-created scenarios are fun too.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I just got into this with the revised core, would edge of the earth be a good buy after that since it’s all contained in two boxes? It definitely seems like the most convenient way to go until the other newly packaged versions hit.

It's as close to the no-brainer good call as you can get in this game. The original complicated distribution model broke hard during covid. This is an immense improvement.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

I like medium power generalist builds a lot. Highlander rules so it's less about the combos and more about frantic improvisation.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

A friend and I have figured how to get around certain disability issues and about to both take our first run through Carcosa.

He's got Nathaniel Cho, and I've got Jacqueline Fine. We ran them through the Zealot and they seemed a good team. We took R2 and my friend wants to press directly on even with the four traumas we each took, plus a bonus basic weakness for him. Is it a dumb idea to start a campaign at 7/ 4 sanity/ health for me and 4/ 7 for him?