Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

My friends and I finished our second runthru of Night of the Zealot and it literally came down to the final turn where we had to hope that Encounter Deck didn't bump up Doom counters and the Chaos Bag didn't screw us over. :drat:, that victory felt great.

I was playing Zoey and after killing monsters I was frantically going through my deck to find Lita as a backup plan, I would have drawn her on my last action before the Big Bad arrived so I couldn't get her out. Fortunately I was not at the ritual site so I think I could have gotten the alternate victory condition barring drawing a monster on our last turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Proxy cards of you have to. That's what we do, and we have a group of four playing with my two core collection.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Quick rules question:

We had a crucial attack where the Investigator was successful but the chaos bag symbol caused him to run out of Health. I know that the timing rules says that the damage occurs when the symbol was drawn, would that have caused the attack to fizzle?

It ended up not making a difference, but we went ahead and ruled that the Investigator went out in a blaze of glory. Were we correct?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

We figured as much, fortunately us cheating didn't change the outcome. We would have had one draw to avoid an auto-fail, but beyond that the Encounter Deck treated us really nicely and actually saved our lives. I was shocked.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

When you add a Story Asset to a deck, does it stay with the investigator's deck for the rest of the campaign or can you switch it between Scenarios? We just finished Blood on the Altar and there's one Asset that we can't decide who should use it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Also, you can proxy. That's what we do with 4 players and two Cores.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I believe this is what happens:

Agenda 1a flips, you follow the instructions of 1b on the back. It tells you to move to 2b.

You take the Agenda 2 card, flip it over, and immediately process Agenda 2b from the top of the card. This includes spawning the monster and shuffling. Move on to Act 3.

In essence, you lost three turns because you were at the University earlier.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Rex shines like crazy in a 4 player scenario. So many clues to vacuum up in a single action... :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That's the main one. We don't have Double or Nothing in our group, but I did just pick up Deciphered Reality (https://arkhamdb.com/card/02303) for the last Dunwich scenario and I hope to get a good 7+ clue turn... :allears:

But in general, if Rex can spend his turn Investigating he can easily grab 6+ clues in a single turn if the Shroud is low. Add in Pathfinder and you can clean up an "One Clue per Investigator" in two actions, free move to another location, and grab two more there. The only thing holding me back last session was that I got Frozen in Fear so my first move cost double.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 4, 2017

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Except when the worst word of the game is involved: "Direct".

:gonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Any thoughts on how to keep all of the main Scenario cards secured together in a group? I don't have issue with Encounter sets as I can stick them into a single sleeve, but I'd prefer to get them out of their original packaging if I can help it.

As for character cards, I've been keeping them in a couple of old magic Fat Packs for now and our decks are in sleeves that match the color of the investigator. If I can find a simple way to manage the scenarios then a longer card box should handle storage.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I think I found what I'm looking for: https://www.amazon.com/BCW-Trading-...ds=card+case+35

Those should fit into your typical card box, and then they shouldn't scatter if the box gets upended.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It's annoying, but it's not difficult to proxy them so it doesn't bother me that much.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Carcosa trip report - Encounter 1 - "Curtain Call":

Once we realized we were in no real danger of running out of time we went into XP farming mode. Thanks to some well-placed Mystic spells we walked out with 10 XP and a solved Strange Solution.

I've spent 9 already, and now Yorick can't wait to start recurring the Red-Gloved Man from my "graveyard".
:getin:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

In our Carcosa campaign both myself and another player have Indebted. It sucks to start with 3 resources, but it's so nice to know that there's not a Paranoia or Amnesia or even worse lurking in my deck.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That's totally the reason for Victory 0. Always good to know that something isn't coming back.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

We just finished Carcosa tonight, I'm going to miss Yorick... I loved killing monsters because they had my teddy bear and I WANTED IT BACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Chaotic Flame posted:

Any suggestions for decks for three players for a Dunwich campaign? Two of the players are new to the game (one has played Night of the Zealot and the other has never played). I have all big boxes and normal mythos packs but no Returns. I'm thinking a stabby deck, cloover deck, and a support but not sure. Happy to net deck these too.

Have someone play Rex. Rex owns as a cloover.