Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

jadarx posted:

Thanks to FFG for messing up an order and then messing up the order correction, I now have 1 extra copy of both of the POD expansions (Curse of the Rougarou & Carnivale of Horrors). So if anyone wants them, you just need to pay shipping. Paypal required. Just PM or email (jadarx AT gmail DOT com) with enough info so I can get a shipping estimate. First come, first serve.

Emailed you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

dexefiend posted:

I like pretty things and have way too many hobby supplies in my basement. Miniature painting, terrain, and such gives me a lot of stuff to play with.

Are those custom sleeves for each card or am I crazy?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Elenkis posted:

OCTGN now has an Arkham Horror module.

That's not do it yourself?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Max posted:

CSI just restocked a bunch of AH stuff today, if people were looking.

Glad to finally grab a Miskatonic Museum!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Preview article for the Path to Carcosa deluxe expansion: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/4/17/the-path-to-carcosa/

Nothing terribly new for anyone who looked at the leaked spoilers earlier in the thread, but the new "hidden" mechanic on some of the encounter cards is an interesting design space to explore.

Also really looking forward to giving Lola Hayes a shot. I hadn't realized she could use level 0-3 from any class, so that will open up a whole host of options for interesting builds, moreso than the original level 0 only that I thought she was restricted to.

I'm not sure how you can really hide cards in this game since they usually go in a specific place.

Also playing two handed.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

COOL CORN posted:

Yeah I downloaded all the images but have no idea how to put them into an art file for OCTGN. If anyone makes a pack, let me know!

If you have premium or wherever it's called, you can just drop the pictures into OCTGN itself for each card.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Obama 2012 posted:

I'll be at the FFG HQ retail store tomorrow, they always have a bunch. I can send you one if you want, just PM me.

Do they also have a Miskatonic Museum? Coolstuff messed up my order and now everywhere is out of stock again. :(

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 11, 2017

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Obama 2012 posted:

'Community Service' I call it. Maybe I can build up enough karma to somehow get my hands on Marie Lambeau!

If anybody else is having trouble finding AH expansions in stock, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Can confirm. Sent me a Miskatonic Museum after CSI messed up my order and ran out of stock.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

This solo Jim Dunwich campaign is...not going well.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

There are playlists on Spotify for Arkham / Eldritch Horror I've used to good effect.

Also melodice

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Bottom Liner posted:

In line to grab Path to Carcosa at Gencon. :woop:

So jealous. When does it hit retailers?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ShaneB posted:

It's going to be really hard for me to not incorporate Carcosa cards into decks I want to run through Dunwich. I know it's like officially do what you want, but it feels kind of against the spirit of Dunwich to use an even larger cardpool then they had during dev and testing. Might as well be patient and go through Dunwich a bit before getting Carcosa.

(Who am I kidding?)

I'm pretty sure FFG is on record saying you should incorporate future cards in deck building for earlier scenarios.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

StashAugustine posted:

Did the OCTGN module get finished? Playing card games on TTS is loving excruciating

Yep and it works pretty well!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

thocan posted:

I'll have to look into this, that's pretty sweet news. TTS, while kinda charming for the first ten minutes, was a huge pain to actually play.

Playing two handed is a bit of a pain but there's a guide for how to do it if you Google "lord of the rings OCTGN two handed" or something similar

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Nah. It's built for up to four normally. Some scenarios are a bit easier/harder with more people, so it balances out. Only thing is sessions can run a bit longer with that many people.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Lichtenstein posted:

what

matt what are you even

how

why

Oof. I'm sure this is interesting in group play but solo seems like it would be very much up to card draw in the early stages.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

My store is going to try to do a full 12-player game in a few weeks. Three of us play regularly and picked up the scenario today and decided to just use our copies for the event. When we did the first Invocation event we had a great turnout, so we're hoping we can fill up all three games.

We looked over some of the agendas and acts, and they look bonkers. I'm really looking forward to playing it!

Tell me you live in Chicago and I can go to this store

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Sorta related but new Arkham Horror Board Game Edition!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/8/1/arkham-horror-third-edition/

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

alansmithee posted:

It looks absolutely wonderful. Although I had always kinda saw Eldritch Horror as the revamped Arkham Horror board game (and the card game as an even better revamp).

Same. I'm pretty surprised they're revamping Arkham Horror with Eldritch right there and doing fine. But it does look really good!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Was there a post or link or something else that had a list of play groups by city in the US? Am I making that up? I'd really like to branch out of playing this solo but can't get people from my other gaming groups to play this consistently enough to make it worth it. I'm in north Chicago if anybody else is in the area and needs another player. :shobon:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

New standalone scenario

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Any suggestions for decks for three players for a Dunwich campaign? Two of the players are new to the game (one has played Night of the Zealot and the other has never played). I have all big boxes and normal mythos packs but no Returns. I'm thinking a stabby deck, cloover deck, and a support but not sure. Happy to net deck these too.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Kalko posted:

Cards for the next pack spoiled. The two survivor cards seem great, and I really like Fast Reload for my Leo deck.

Been so long since I've played any AH. Got caught up on all the packs for the year recently and I've got some Xmas sessions planned with a couple of friends. Is Murder at the Excelsior Hotel good? Might add that to our TCU playthrough.

I just played it with a new player I met in my new city and it was a really good scenario and will be really replayable as well!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arkhamhorrorlcg/permalink/2844239792287546/

Really loving the boss mechanic here

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Oops, sorry all. Actual link

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/12/30/weaver-of-the-cosmos/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I do like the investigator-centric scenario though to go along with the parallel investigators. Though what kind of cadence will there be for this and will they all be print and play?