Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Played Dunwich. Rex is amazing, but especially when he crosses the map for two points and gets 10 clues across two turns, nearly averting a session ending disaster.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Cho rules!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Getting really into tabletop simulator, does anyone wanna do the idol campaign or another one online?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Just played a catacombs mission with Rita and skids. I think we defeated one or two enemies total (one thru Waylay), leaving 32+ hit points of enemies left on the board, including three elite bosses and a very unlucky mob enforcer.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Standard is standard, you get a reliable experience, more people with different decks can add challenge.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The bow shoot and reload are separate actions, they shouldn’t trigger haste.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I guess that’s cool but I don’t think I can put it in my Rita deck anyway.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

That book seller looks like Daisy is moving up to top tier again.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Prescience with sacrifice is a very nice combo. Get paid multiple times for discarding the same cards.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

TFA is a lot of fun. If you have tabletop simulator and can ask the right people on Discord, out of print games are still available. Do the right thing and buy them when they are back in stock though.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’ve heard TCU is the hardest.

I did TFA with Sefina and elusive allowed me to skip the entire second half of the scenario, which was funny.

Really don’t wanna wait till August to get my full Nathan deck. I played through carc again with Nathan and my partner switching between Jenny Daisy and Rex. (When Daisy gets a lot of XP to play her library assistant and an advanced book, wow.)

Black stars rise, the penultimate adventure from Carc, doesn’t say in either Act how to finish the scenario. I’ve played it twice and don’t know if I legally beat it either time.

Maybe I’m getting too good for standard but the one guardian/one seeker combo is hard to beat. If you can kill and get clues, everything else falls by the wayside.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Carc yellow definitely.
I was playing with the tabletop version so maybe those were missing the clues? They just said skip to the agenda.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

So the set-aside cards weren’t at the bottom of the deck, they were in a box inside the set-aside cards box. Not in the bags on the top of the screen…
Turns out we were fulfilling the goals accurately. We completed both by accident and had time to fight the pallid mask plenty before the timers ran out.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 8, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Machete is “when you’re being Guardian, plusone damage plusone to hit.“ There is absolutely no reason to take other weapons at 0xp, especially ones that only conditionally give you both bonuses. If something is a default for every deck, it’s probably too good.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If you’re a guardian, it’s unlikely you’re at the same location as more than one or two other companions. And unless you’re playing a very defense oriented deck, you can probably engage them with taunt one at a time as you kill them.Enchanted blade also has three ammo.
If you’re not clearing your plate as a guardian, then your companions need to help. Because you don’t need three Cluevers at four players.

Edit: in October it was updated to 1XP which I think is fair. Solo, it gives you a ton of consistency that an expensive two handed boss killer won’t.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Oct 20, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

People use the idea of a “structure“ series, only using investigators that were available up to the time the module was released.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Glory is OK. Monster Hunter 0 is cool.

Edit: Tommy Muldoon throwing literally everyone into the path of destruction for profit makes him the most accurate character.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 5, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yep. You interact between both campaigns. Can you not form two decks from Dream and core?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Akachi can pick up all levels of shriveling, so she should be good.
Minh should beeline for acidic ichor, and wouldn’t go amiss in some adventures with an occult lexicon.

If I were doing TFA, I might enjoy doing it with Rita, it’s a very good adventure for people with good mind and agility. As Calvin, you’ll definitely earn some trauma.

I would use the following rules as a supply as variance, because the picks feel essentially random. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2404962/alternate-ideas-supplies-forgotten-age

Nathaniel’s weakness is interesting and not crippling. He has cards like 1-2 punch that allow him to do 1+1 damage twice. And everything in his deck is based around pounding people, having an additional bad guy in your deck would be much worse if it was discarding assets or taking mental damage. Worse comes to worst, have your survivor or someone else evade him for you.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Two decks sure, but it's going to have to be 4-6 decks since arkham game night is 2-3 players.

You can play sequentially, all A then all B.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Raven just feels like a weird caveat. “If you have your Alley slot free, take an action and take a horror to get a clue.” Unless the raven can do damage to itself?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

3xp for +3, draw a card. Only good if you build to recur it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I think power creep is inevitable if you’re expanding the game because every card could potentially, with every previous card and its color, and with adaptable or teamwork it gets wild very quickly. You can create a eucatastrophe infant series with resourceful and Silas or a Mandy deck that cycles pendant of the queen for literally every check.

I am most always see survivors in solo so something that helps other investigators is a nice change.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 16, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You do get to heal mental trauma later in the campaign, at the cost of experience. And yes, it’s kind of frontloaded in terms of difficulty, but mind blank is especially useful as a spell… Because it gets rid of revenge keywords on enemies!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

We made Preston lead investigator in TCU specifically because one of us had to take that card. With me as Diana, I think we only drew it once or twice😛. Funny enough, I had a mob enforcer, also a one action to clear out weakness.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Doesn’t get rid of traits, which are things like monster, Miskatonic, or humanoid.

It DOES get rid of Hunter, aloof, retaliate and alert!

Which can be extremely useful since they can target an enemy at any location. That can include Wizards that gain doom at the end of the mythos phase.
Funnily enough, mind blowing three reduce peoples horror, makes interrogating them easier. “Now that you Have amnesia, tell me everything you know.”

And since it only lasts a phase, you can get rid of retaliate for investigator, then have something attack you In the enemy phase… And kill it with the survival knife or sk(2), sending its victory points to the pile.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Lonnie is what Tony is looking for. Three additional horror with the ability to heal it? And putting the leather coat on is not an inconvenience since it’s fast.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah, the premade decks are designed to make you learn how to deckbuild yourself.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Healing and damage combined into a single action? That’s Mark’s signature card and he only has one.

It has its utility for killing annoying or aloof enemies or healing your guardians. But yeah it’s not an auto pick if you’re running a small deck like Minh.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You better pass those willpower checks, because every campaign attacks your hand size and the best defenses are in Mystic.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s practiced, which means Joe diamond can use it with practice makes perfect. Which is good, he doesn’t have a lot of level two guardian cards to really go after.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Preston ignores it and laughs

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Two bucks and three cards for a chance at three damage is still useful if you’re a seeker.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 7, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

For 4 XP? Nah.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

A lot of interesting combo father here and a big improvement on that skull, which before was only really useful for akachi.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Lemony posted:

Couldn't say off the top of my head, but I seem to remember there are some cards that can let you manipulate the encounter deck. There's that survivor card that tosses enemies on top of the draw deck for instance. Probably no crazy good combos or anything, but I don't think the card sucks.

My group just went blind into standard difficulty Forgotten Age. Holy crap, who balanced this? It is insanely overtuned. We are all solid players and we had to resign. My character ended up with three trauma.

Are use the board game geek Alternate swamp start version. The first three scenarios are the hardest.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’m playing with a friend through to see you again, this time we are Winnifred in Jaqueline instead of Preston and Diana. Jaqueline is so amazing but her weakness can really get your goat. Even with olive and using my ability, drawing nine of the 16 tokens in the Chaos bag, I’ve been unable to get the elder sign multiple turns in a row. Other times, I draw my weakness at the end of my turn and immediately test it and beat it.

Two player, you’re really often in different places, which means we haven’t been able to do a predict the future style, scrying mirror double or nothing. But that’s coming.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I couldn’t tell you, I beat it with solo Rita who is the champion of movement.

It may be too late but if you want to add a lot of movement to your game, gives Safina nimble and open gate.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Chucks beard is super modern, congratulations. But he fixes a lot of problems with trick cards, that they’re slow and overpriced. This makes backstab three viable as a main damage dealer, it’s one buck and it’s +2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

jeeves posted:

I'm going to guess it's a FFG staffer and thus can't change the facial hair to look more 1920's.

I mean it’s a drawing?