Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Kalko posted:

Mano is three testless damage from Cho, which is a good threshold, but I hope there's a way to recur these events otherwise I don't see how they can compete with late game weapons.

His older sign lets him get his events back. Getting your guardian access to the elder sign consistently is a team effort!

I’m finding Jaqueline extremely hard to play at high xp. She has a lot of abilities that you want to put them down, but no ability to play events or as it’s faster than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

In solo, you usually just go one location at a time so getting clues in a previous location isn’t that helpful. But upgraded guts is great because mystics are pretty much forced to play arcane initiate if they want card draw.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 21, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Never get high from your own supply

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

“At last I found it” feels more like eureka!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Everything released, does anyone have scans of the intro stories for every character? Not the ones in the cards, the one that comes with the pack.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I slotted Diana into Path but we have all the stuff. Even if she just had basic spells, I’ve had worse, wards of protection, Dodge, and a few other cards from basic, she would be OK. There is a boatload of horror to soak in that campaign.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 21, 2020

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah if you’re missing those play someone else. Jim culver is good.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s great to avoid auto fails but you also want a way to recur it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The new flooding scenario looks interesting.
Just finished Alice in Wonderland on TTS and it was amazing, creative, but if you’re gonna play wait because they’re still revising it.

Lady Eleanor is my favorite custom guardian. Taking other peoples effects is powerful, even in scenarios that don’t have a lot of skill test treacheries.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

She reminds me of lady Eleanor, the unofficial investigator, because they both manipulate the encounter deck in interesting ways.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Look at her ability carefully. If you have a fast get a clue card, you never have to make an evasion check again. If you get Lola Santiago, as long as you have some money in the bank, enemies cannot slow you down. I played with her in a duo with Leo in return to forgotten Age...The real power is mixing the green and yellow card pools. Intelligence reports to save your friends, lockpicks and Gregory to start out a +8, Leo De Luca, Haste... it’s some wild stuff. Pathfinder is a little unaffordable in basic seeker but in rogue it’s even more free actions to pile on.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Plus, you can get momentum with practice makes perfect.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I had a lot of fun with her and they haven’t even released the box that she comes with. Eventually I had to take versatile because they were too many good cards that fit with her, half my deck had some version of getting cash or card draw.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The supply chain is really bad unfortunately.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It sounds like you guys had a good trio that was good at specific things, what difficulty did you play on? You should’ve been able to succeed on hard reliably.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Sister Mary’s special card is super great, I was worried about playing at 5hp guardian.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It's out! Any reaction?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Did a Mary, Silas, Amanda trio. A lot of fun, the last scenario was a bit tricky but we were making sure to get all the victory points. The writing, the way the cards work, and the effects are great. Stressful but exciting.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It’s a mixed blessing, ha-ha. If you don’t prepare for those tokens, you can flub something from the mythos deck you really didn’t want to. Until the entire pack comes out, you don’t have a ton of options for sealing curse tokens or using them for positive affect. But sometimes if it saves your team several actions, it could be worth flubs, especially if you have Olive McBride. I’m playing Sister Mary and playing bag duty is weird, even with it as my primary focus the other players are constantly making tests, and the more blessings in the bag, the more tokens come out.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

If a combo does the same thing as a single card at the same amount of XP, it’s merely good instead of broken.
Edit: it’s worse, because you’ve been still succeed on a drawing thin test, you don’t have to automatically fail. You just have to make it more difficult.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Playing Wendy/Sophie through TFA, and warning shot is amazing. We’re using a lot of bless tokens and the Winchester. It’s totally weird to be a primary cluegetter without access to deduction and the yellow suite, But Wendy’s ability to just NOPE a token pool is amazing. Especially with ancient covenant.

I’ve had quite a few turns when I was able to spend four bucks, and one action of putting out the amulet to add eight bless tokens to the game. That is amazing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Parallel universes where they both think the other one disappeared. That’s the one I like.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Nope! It’ll be interesting if they keep her no hand slot gimmick going.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Reading this thread going back three years, it’s really funny how people thought fantasy flights printing issues and game on availability would be temporary. People were pretty much right that Pathfinder is way too good and fire extinguisher is a crock of poo poo, which is interesting.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Seems like a must include for minh going forward.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Just make sure to look for the Arata for Dunwich. Scenario four has a possible Insta kill that you should ignore. The next to last scenario has a gated effect for non-lore investigators that was patched as well.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You can only get a clue that’s currently at your location. You never put clues on the board if not instructed to by a deck or the location.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I think they’re all improvements, but you’ll notice it must have to play again and I’ve had some time to do other campaigns. They give you another play through. Return to zealot is probably the biggest improvement

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

That’s scenario five!

Edit: this thread is moving faster than usual.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Their logistics are amazing bad. What what does customer support say? Do they have an answer?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

So we did the first three parts of TIC with Silas, Amanda, and sister Mary. We survived every scenario, with Amanda being defeated in scenario three although we finish it probably 10 turns earlier than we needed to.

Completing it again with Tommy/Daisy/Sefina And we nearly gone perfect on each part. A little for knowledge can be a drat good thing, but I never imagined that Tommy was such a good character because I only played him in duo. In three players he can take a whole parties worth of damage, and with the Black cat cure it. Amazing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Because there are more cards of each color, the second box in the expansion characters that you buy individually are monochromatic. Doing that with the first five characters would require them to put a lot more cards out then was probably feasible.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Would be nice to play Agnes without having to take Carolyn.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

So we did the first three parts of TIC with Silas, Amanda, and sister Mary. We survived every scenario, with Amanda being defeated in scenario three although we finish it probably 10 turns earlier than we needed to.

Completing it again with Tommy/Daisy/Sefina And we nearly gone perfect on each part. A little for knowledge can be a drat good thing, but I never imagined that Tommy was such a good character because I only played him in duo. In three players he can take a whole parties worth of damage, and with the Black cat cure it. Amazing.

We completed scenario four with 7 damage among us. That’s out of a possible 32, and we started with trauma. The combination of the Black cat, Wish Bringer, and solemn vow may not do a lot of damage, but it can take wallops and keep on ticking.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

BRB making an incredibly stupid deck based on Paradoxical covenant.

It’s almost 2 months later but blessing of night and Day make this viable.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They just previewed two cards that make them extremely viable. Before, they were hit or miss unless you were playing blessed survivor, which was extremely effective for very little xp.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

You should probably replace those with the card that lets you take ancient evil or draw two cards.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Maybe they expect people to play it from the core box? The improved evils are dunn specific.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Online is where it’s at.

TFA doesn’t do swarms of foes, so if you have a way to deal with keeping monsters from the Victory pile, like mind blank, Nathan is perfectly good. Otherwise Leo is good at throwing bodies at problems. I bring handcuffs for stubborn cultists, should save you a lot of doom.

Online is so much more convenient than playing in person. No clean up, no limited list of cards, and the ability to import decks, draw all over the board, super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah, the current meta gave it plus 2XP in cost.