Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I've now played the base set campaign all the way through twice (2 players with 2 core sets), and both times, we just got wrecked early in the third scenario. I'm 2/3 of the way through another try, but I just don't feel very confident we'll do well in the third scenario. It just seems like the first scenario is fairly easy. The second one is iffy, but since you can still advance with a partial win, it's not that bad. The third one is rough.

So, is this really how hard it is? Is Dunwich Legacy a bit smoother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Plavski posted:

My FLGS had it, but they've started ramping the price up cos of demand - the gouging bastards!

You know, I support local gaming and supply/demand economics etc., but that still leaves a bitter taste.

If these stores want to be stupid, then let them suffer. Let's say they mark it up $5 per pack, but then that causes a customer to not want to buy anything else for like a month because they were pissed. Was that really worth the $5 extra they made? I mean, how many packs do they even get assuming the packs are being heavily allocated? I have no sympathy for gaming stores like this. I wonder if FFG/Asmodee NA has some policy about something like this since they're so keen on supporting local stores? For sure, it looks bad for the company as well.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I still find it funny that the only Core or Dunwich scenario the train-hopping hobo managed to actually complete without resigning or losing to health/sanity loss was Essex County Express, and he blew through it like it was nothing.

I thought Ashcan Pete was amazing?

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Is there a source for card art a la the LOTR LCG packs?

I guess I could technically pay for premium and drag the art in myself but... eh.

First and foremost, you can get all the card images from sites like arkhamdb.com. You just have to rename the images so that they have the funky names that OCTGN uses. For example, Hypnotic Gaze is renamed to 1d1c16b0-53d7-4c36-8d1a-a7fec999f548.jpg

While that is a bit more of a pain if you don't have premium OCTGN, it's do-able in a couple of hours if you know how to mass download card images from a web page, extract image file name information from xml files, and rename the images manually.

With all that said, if you go here:

http://octgngames.com/ahlcg/installation/

You can get images for sets up to Essex County Express and also the 2 standalones packaged up for OCTGN. That should cover about 2/3 of the cards, so you only have to do the rest yourself. I believe OCTGN will provide you image packs for games that have been out for at least 6 months so if you wait long enough, the entirety of Dunwich Legacy will be packaged up for you.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

This part always confuses me so I want to clarify it. A ready unengaged enemy at a location will move only if it has the Hunter keyword or if some special game rules tell it to move?

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, I wish the story allies didn't fill up the same slots as non-story allies, but I'm sure that would become imbalanced.

At least that card you mentioned has 2 wild icons.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Seriously, it's so easy to proxy the promo stuff. gently caress em.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I’ve been playing the Super Complete Edition mod for TTS and it’s got a ton of really nice scripts to it like automatically setting up everything for scenarios with one click, setting up cards with the appropriate number of resources or clue tokens when revealed, and importing decks from arkhamdb.com. The amount of time it saves organizing and sorting things is incredible. I think I prefer the mod to playing with physical cards because of that.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

There are a few older videos that helped me. Here's one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTBj7f7nGo

If you want to see the mod in action, The Whisperer in Darkness sometimes plays with the mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWhATEvMBh0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I got into the game originally and did buy 2 Cores plus all of the Dunwich cycle, but I never got enough time to finish Dunwich. I eventually just sold everything off since it was sitting around.

I've started playing this game again after a long hiatus. My friend and I got through Dunwich and are now most of the way through Carcosa. Both were played on Tabletop Simulator.

Playing on TTS got me itching to play it physically again with my wife. I've looked into buying collections second hand, but everyone is valuing it higher than MSRP due to Asmodee's inconsistent reprinting driving up demand for particular Mythos Packs. Is the game really worth that much? It's essentially the price of a brand new gaming PC at this point if you want a whole collection. Heck, for that much, I could pay some programmer to add more scripting to the TTS mod.