Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Interested to hear if anyone has good suggestions for a Skids deck. My wife and I have been duoing him with Agnes and he just seems kinda lackluster. His base fight and int make him not great at either fighting or investigating - the two main things that most scenarios require - and this is not particularly well boosted by the cards available to him. He can evade okay, but doesn't seem to be able to capitalise on this in a way that seems any more helpful than just killing the enemies.

His standout thing seems to be action economy - with two copies of upgraded Leo, Emergency Cache, Hot Streak and possibly burglary (though due to his low investigate score this seems more miss than hit) he can do a lot of stuff - just none of it very well. Is there a better way to build him?

Edit: Also to add his 2 willpower and 6 sanity makes him ridiculously easy to get knocked out of the game with bad treachery cards - more than one scenario has some sort of 'test X willpower, lose one sanity for each point you fail by' which can easily drive him half insane off a single card if you don't have suitable skill cards in hand.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Lichtenstein posted:

The lowest value a botched test can have is 0! It's a common mistake.

Yeah, I was thinking of a card that's 'test Willpower 3' - so with his base 2 willpower, drawing a -2 or worse loses you 3 sanity, or half his max.

I guess we've just found it hard to put the strengths you describe into practice given the pacing of scenarios. Agreed that Leo is good, Machete can be great and Sneak Attack/Backstab can make up for his low fight value - but they also cost a huge amount of resources (not to mention dynamite). Even in the best case scenario of drawing Leo and Machete in the opening hand, he can get them both into play if he does nothing else but at that point is at zero resources and still can't necessarily effectively fight (4 fight with Machete is only barely enough for some monsters and not enough for many) OR investigate for a few more turns until he has resources and/or skill cards in hand. In the games we've played he just feels too slow to get going - by the point he's fully online he's often taken enough sanity damage that he can't too well afford to go toe to toe with many enemies.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I'd never done anything with foamcore before but had a go for this since I expect to get a large number of the expansions etc. This has room for everything, including two player decks and tons of the scenario/encounter cards. Player cards I've kept separately in a binder. It's also super-quick to setup and play since I can just grab all the tokens out at once and have them near the play area. So if you don't mind doing it yourself this is pretty quick and simple.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

An A2 sheet of cardboard costs a couple of bucks? I dunno why you would consider that costly

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Leo de Luca (just repeatedly punch for 1), Shrivelling, repeated refreshes of Duke, any of the guns, Backstab, Sneak Attack, do extra damage with cards like Vicious Blow, Dynamite. There's a fair number of ways - it's just if you don't have any of them in play it's pretty painful - and even when you do, it's fairly slow.

Edit: Probably the best way given the high health is something like Close Call or Disc of Itzamana (or whatever it's called) but that's pretty situational - and they're both xp cards which you don't have in the first scenario of a campaign.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 2, 2017

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I don't even find Paranoia that bad on Pete. My wife's playing him in our 2p game and ended up with that weakness, and most of his cards are so cheap that he just doesn't care that much. Blitzed through the first two Dunwich Legacy scenarios without much trouble despite drawing it both games. I agree with Shrivelling for sure, and quite liked having Liquid Courage as well due to his high willpower/low sanity (though obviously not essential thanks to Sylvestre).

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oh yeah, that would be bad :)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

If you Exile a card, are you required to replace it after the end of the scenario? Or can you then end up playing with a 29 (+bonus cards) deck?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

If you don't mind ordering from outside the US there are generally tons of options available for out of stock stuff. A number of UK stores in particular have non-ridiculous US shipping, e.g. 365games.co.uk which has 6 GBP international shipping ($7.50 USD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

That's how we played it with Jazz, yes.

Regarding continuing a campaign - the rules as written do seem intended to allow you to carry investigators over from one campaign to the next, so you're certainly free to do this (and yes you would keep the card you mentioned). However, the Dunwich campaign seems designed for investigators starting with 0 xp, so you'd likely find it much easier if you started with your experienced investigators. At the same time you also wouldn't get access to any of the level 0 Dunwich cards unless you spent xp to buy them between scenarios.