Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I really like the 2xp butterfly swords for hybrid and solo investigators. They let you deal 3 damage with a single action and still move and clue. They aren't great at fighting a boss in higher player count games but I've always found dedicated fighters to be a waste at lower player counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

The Black Stones posted:

I think it’s a bit of me not knowing what I needed to prioritize at times and a little bit of small changes needed. I usually didn’t fail by huge amounts. Like, the second scenario I got the silver lodge guy revealed, but was slightly too late in being able to get him to exit the lodge.

It helps if you remember that a secret society of rich white men can go gently caress themselves. Scenario 2 is so much easier if you go for victory points and not bother saving any of them.

The ghost can even help you kill victory points enemies.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Last time I played that scenario we lucked into every ghost starting where it needed to be turned in and it was still the hardest scenario in the entire campaign.

I don't trust that the xp rewards are correct if you do the new win condition. It is also possible to defeat all 4 ghosts and get the new win condition if you time it right but the text tells you to record one got away.

Considering it was in the most need of revamping I'm not impressed with how return handled it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Douche Phoenix posted:

Yeah, that looks like one hell of a card. I'll probably pick that up after the first scenario. Depending on our exp gain I may grab versatile for a few extra event slots.

Versatile is a trap about 99% of the time.

Start with Delay, otherwise it'll cost 1 xp to add to your deck. You'll want a single copy for Dunwich.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

We went through the new campaign with Bob Jenkins and a sled dog Leo deck.

Bob and his best friend Joey are absurd, especially with the supplies you can get. I'd have occasional 9 action turns plus multiple eon chart move/investigate/Joey throws away the chart before pulling a token/scavenge the Eon Chart/put into play fast with Joey added on top.

Leo was able to get through the entire campaign losing only a single guard dog, never lost a sled dog or the campaign reward dog. Mitch and priests had a less successful survival rate.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

LifeLynx posted:

I built a Leo deck to pair with Norman for a re-run of EotE. He's kind of perfect for it. Great stats, lots of soak, movement tricks from his Rogue side, etc. I thought about using Sled Dogs, but I was concerned about having to draw them to make them useful.

It wasn't much of an issue. He had mausers and survival knives as back up weapons but rarely needed to use them. Calling in favors is great when you have 8 3 cost allies in your deck and the movement from sled dogs was a huge boon. In the thick of it let him start with two rods of animalism and an ace of swords, so dogs would only cost 1 to play and he could easily get them all out even without Mitch.

Guts, daring, and overpower we're the extent of his extra card draw at 0xp but he eventually also took easy marks, stand together (3), and used adaptable to get glory. As Bob I could give him a lucky cigarette case (3) but that was pretty rare. We were often split up to cover more ground.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Gloria was able to let us see and arrange every mythos card while discarding the bad ones in a four player game with scroll of secrets and scrying. Use the scroll after scrying.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

You don’t lose the campaign if you lose that scenario, right?

You don't! The best way to deal with that scenario for most investigators is to just resign immediately.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

She needs action compression. Wither and sixth sense aren't really worth it unless you are using sign magic (3). I'd take True Magik so you don't have to spend as many actions and resources playing spells.

Since you can only use your class ability and olive once per turn you want to be able to do your job with as few checks as possible.

I really liked shards of the void with her. She's more likely to grab 0s to charge it up and removing 0s defangs her weakness and makes everyone more likely to draw the elder sign.

She's unplayable if anyone wants to play with blesses or curses.

I'd also cut support cards like scrying mirror. It is a lot of resources and actions for marginal benefit. Since mystics are already asset heavy you want to lean more towards events to help prop you up while getting set up.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

After a run through Carcosa that ended at the asylum, I think it’s very hard to run Patrice in a smaller party. She can succeed at anything but she doesn’t have much action compression or easy damage. Also, it’s extremely hard to run Dexter flexibly, so many assets want to run in different directions.

We could’ve had more luck using portals but with EOTE there are lots of new travel options, mostly in seeker.

I think she needs summoned hounds played with flares and chance encounters to get enough action compression to really pull her weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Xlorp posted:

A friend and I have figured how to get around certain disability issues and about to both take our first run through Carcosa.

He's got Nathaniel Cho, and I've got Jacqueline Fine. We ran them through the Zealot and they seemed a good team. We took R2 and my friend wants to press directly on even with the four traumas we each took, plus a bonus basic weakness for him. Is it a dumb idea to start a campaign at 7/ 4 sanity/ health for me and 4/ 7 for him?

You are going to completely trivialize the campaign with that bonus xp. It isn't really designed for people to bring investigators between campaigns.