Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

medchem posted:

I've now played the base set campaign all the way through twice (2 players with 2 core sets), and both times, we just got wrecked early in the third scenario. I'm 2/3 of the way through another try, but I just don't feel very confident we'll do well in the third scenario. It just seems like the first scenario is fairly easy. The second one is iffy, but since you can still advance with a partial win, it's not that bad. The third one is rough.

So, is this really how hard it is? Is Dunwich Legacy a bit smoother?

For the final act, I suggest that someone bring Dynamite. And then chuck it at the Main Path when all the cultists spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Covenant has a subscription program and it's painless.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

COOL CORN posted:

Picked up Dunwich Legacy, but all the good builds I've seen use 2 core sets. :negative:

Guess I'll have to pick up another core set! Anyone else out there only using 1 core + Dunwich? How's it going for you? Any decklists to share?

I just proxy anything I need that I can't do with one core.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ragnar34 posted:

Got a new job, splurged on our mutual friend The Arkham Horror card game on a whim. Then I noticed it's not playable with three people, so I bought an expansion. But I accidentally bought an expansion for the Arkham Horror board game instead, which I don't own, and apparently buying one of the LCG expansions doesn't really let you play with three anyway, so the plan was bad to begin with. And I can't return said expansion because I took off the shrinkwrap.

So, being impulsive and illiterate and a poor decision-maker, I'm the ideal horror protagonist and I expect great things from this game. Is hard mode good for a second playthrough, or is it bullshit?

This game has great replayability.

And just proxy extra cards if you need them.