Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman

RPZip posted:

The bonus hand size is pretty good but it's also 6 XP for that 7 card hand, which is significant. It's worth talking about but I don't know if it's substantially better than Preposterous Sketches (2) or Cryptic Research (4), and seems pretty in-line with that progression.

I would argue that it really is stronger. Since each Studious allows a mulligan, they are essentially draw 2, keep 1. Not only that, but since it's your starting hand, it lets you dodge weaknesses. And it cost you zero actions and zero resources. And to top it off, you get the cards when you need them the most. Think about it, you usually have a 31 card deck to draw from (33 - 2 weaknesses). Instead of seeing a max of 10 cards, Studious lets you see a maximum of 14 cards. The percentage increase is pretty significant.

RPZip posted:

Agency Backup seems pretty nuts if you build around it, I guess, but that's a lot of XP and resources to dedicate to something that isn't a gun. Maybe in a Leo Anderson deck. Deny Existence (5) is pretty godly, which makes sense for the cost.

Yeah, that can surely become quite a fun deck to pilot, but if one were to fill the deck with healing cards for allies, there should be a couple of more targets. Beat Cop(2) is a good start, but some more would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerf
Dec 17, 2004

I miss you, sandman

Rhaegar posted:

I haven't picked up any of Circle Undone since I was taking a bit of a break from Arkham. Worth picking up or just wait for the next expansion?

Haven't gotten that far into the campaign, but the player cards design has been quite good this cycle - the tarot cards, enchanted blade, the rogue service tripple, mystic spells for both clues and combat with infinite uses, Drawing Thin and Crack the case as econ. The new Studios and Another Day, Another Dollar also seems good. I think this game still benefits from every pack, since we only get 10 or so player cards, so if it's an option to buy both I certainly would. Uncertain what Dream-Eaters will bring, vut it's also a few months away. Maybe buy the TCU deluxe only and see if you like it?