Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
McAvoy did an interview which basically spoiled the (first) twist if you read even a little bit between the lines, which I thought was pretty stupid, but then again, I'm still interested in seeing this which is saying a whole loving lot considering I have watched Lady in the Water and The Happening.

e: Even though he didn't direct it, Devil was really fantastic, despite ripping off a Japanese film called Hellevator (and, in a meta-twist, the ending of Hellevator is the same as the ending of The Village, soooo... maybe M. Night thought nobody would notice ripping off the same film twice?)

precision fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

qbert posted:

How does that work? The twist in The Village is that the film takes place in present day. I assume in a movie that takes place in an elevator, taking place in present day would not be a twist.

The film allegedly takes place in a dystopian future where everyone lives underground on floors connected by a massive elevator system. At the very very end, the girl main character reaches the top of the elevator, climbs out a hatch, and it was modern day Tokyo all along!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

qbert posted:

I kind of want to see it now.

It's a legitimately great thriller, despite the cheeky Western name.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you want to see McAvoy do some real scenery shredding, he stars in the film of Welsh's Filth streaming on US Netflix right now. Some like it better than the novel, which I can definitely see, though one particular twist works far better in the book than onscreen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LesterGroans posted:

Awesome. The Visit and Split are two of his best films, so he's definitely in a creative groove right now.

Yeah I am kind of mega hype and I've never been a big fan of his (until The Visit and Split which are so good I can't believe he wrote them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I hope Split 2 is good but I don't think Bruce Willis will put in any effort.

The twist will be that Bruce and McAvoy do not fight or even share a single scene together. Actually wouldn't it be kind of hilarious if The Beast kills Bruce in the very first scene and the movie is called GLASS because Mr. Glass, somehow, is the guy who stops The Beast.

• Locked thread