Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

To be honest, I don't know what you can really do with a golden marionette. "Golden ballerina" works fine on paper, but Tyler and Emily did basically the same concept and knocked it out of the park while theirs was just sort of flat and middling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

So is cosplay melee a competition more like face off, or more like Chopped, where each episode is a self contained contest? I fell asleep when it came on and forgot to record it. :(

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

My boyfriend asked me if any contestants from previous seasons ever didn't complete a look for a challenge? Not things like Ben covering the rat-witch hands with fingerless gloves or a not so stellar paint job, but like a catastrophic gently caress-up.

Nothing's coming to mind except that one guy from season 5(?) that threw a fit and left on the first episode.

I'm betting Evan, Logan, or Emily is getting the axe tonight. But at the same time, with Adam gone, Logan had a pretty good showing on his own last week.

There was a female contestant from I think season 5(?) named maybe ... Miranda ( all I really remember is her name started with an m) who put a makeup onstage with an incomplete paint job (as in, there was still unpainted skin showing), and everything she did paint was a flat, one-tone acid green. She came back in the vets vs. rookies season and did a lot better, if I remember correctly.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Cig's entire existence is weird to me. He SHOULD represent everything I hate about hipster culture, but somehow I find him charming as hell.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

hamsystem posted:

The new format has the potential for some really good makeups assuming both companies are solid which is why I like the show (and for human disasters like Tommy from however many seasons ago).

Or Jerry from season two. God that guy was a poo poo.

Glad Cig won. His make ups were far and beyond better than the other two, although that may have been because he didn't have to incorporate bird-like features, which the other two contestants seemed to struggle with.

Is there a link to the preview of next season? My dvr cut it off, and it seems like two makeup companies will be competing? What?

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

This is the second time I've mentioned Chopped here, but what the hell, let's go.

Recently, Chopped was ruined by forcing each episode to work off a gimmick. Sometimes the gimmicks worked great, sometimes they were a total bust. Nobody wants to watch a show whose quality is a coin flip. That brings me to Face Off: apparently now the gimmicks are season long, so if you hate the gimmick in question, you're stuck with it for weeks instead of just one episode. They've managed to make a bad thing WORSE.

I understand the idea behind gimmick seasons; you want to bring new people on board with something fresh. However, if you have a BAD gimmick that lasts an entire season, you've lost that viewer for life.

Now, I'm not saying this season's gimmick is particularly bad - I haven't seen enough to make that judgement - I'm just making the point that gimmicks are an inherently risky, stupid move, and sy-fy shouldn't have done it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

They could have used them to make some pretty sweet mandibles/tusks, but alas... :sigh:

• Locked thread