Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Shneak posted:

"I hope y'all find inspiration in the most generic slogan ever."

I like how the judges threw Emily and Tyler under the bus to make it look like they didn't dominate another week. How it didn't fit the concept is beyond me. For real though, I loved Rachel literally just hacking off her own clothing during Second Last Looks.

I see Keaghlan and Mel easily going.

I think the way that it didn't fit the concept is that she looked more monsterous and the wasteland aesthetic is humans in various state of hard living. The project was gorgeous but it wasn't human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I have only really watched this season.

Any recommendations on previous seasons that were fun and good?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
A gargoyle or a grotesque who was sick of watching everything from above and wanted to join in the fun. An inukshuk who felt abandoned and followed some travelers home. A statue who was built halfway and the commisssion fell through.

A bunch of cool stone concepts that could exist and look like they were made for a purpose, but they decided to go with a goofy stone thing. Concept was flawed, but the stone was good at least.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
There were two ways that you could make the wings for Deconstructivism: 1. Fabricate a large sweeping set of asymmetrical wings that almost overtakes the silhouette and becomes the central piece almost or put some random piece of junk on the back and say "That's a wing". Postmodernist architecture can range from fusion to Dadaist. When I was in school, a classmate of mine made a deconstructivist apartment block, that didn't have walls and instead had concrete blocks strewn about on the lawn and he described it as "the walls are conceptual, so your apartment is only limited by what you determine as yours." The teachers loved it. It's a really hard style for people to hammer down, but his facial sculpting was spot on.

Personally, I would have, I don't know, stapled a ship's wheel on his back. "There. That's wings." It's about challenging perceptions.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Naw, I'd prefer if the one team kept losing people until it was 1 person vs 6 people and the judges were not fair to the one person. "You seemed to have some issues with time management."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
The sad thing is, there's like 2 good people on Twisted Six. The two who worked on the godfather are actually capable (although one of them was from the other team). I guess the way that this works is that the bad team will lose all of its bad members, while the ones less capable on the good team will get way farther than they could otherwise.

• Locked thread