Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Cig and George's design deserved the win. It made me think of Tank Girl.

Emily and Tyler's makeup was amazing though, idgaf if it wasn't Mad Max-style. Better than your wasteland getup, Glenn. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

She looked like a post-apocalyptic showgirl and would have fit in perfectly in either Fallout: New Vegas or Six String Samurai. But I guess she didn't fit into Death Race so.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I also liked the stone sailor, it was charming.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The stone puppet looked like the rock critters from Das Rad by way of Popeye. Not lovely. :colbert:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

From the previews for next week it looked like they're split into two teams overall so I'm curious to see how it goes. But yeah it's basically two super teams and then those other guys.

Regarding Michelle and Keaghlan (what a name), I felt like Michelle was the stronger half of that team. The petrification on the troll was a really neat touch and she was responsible for all the cool fabrications on their puppet, wasn't she?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Yeah Adam was needlessly a dick this episode and I was glad to see him go. Loved the circus family. Felt kind of bad for that model having to drool on herself the whole time (unless it was part of the makeup and I didn't catch it.)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I liked the rat witches, but the tree witches were individually more interesting.

My husband and I really saw Ben's elimination coming though, because he'd been on the bottom more than once and then his makeup was the least well-realized this week.

The cosplay show is fun. I know nothing about Game of Thrones but the winning costume totally looked like a dwarf and we thought that was great. The white walker armor was pretty sick, too.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Actually it's theorized that Neptune is covered in liquid diamond. But yes, Evan's was terrible on every front.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Cig mentioned in a Facebook post that they don't have internet access so I think it's unfair to say that Emily should have gone with specifically Hawaiian lava formations. That's not something the average non-Hawaiian is going to know about even if they're into mythology.

Logan's was weak but even Neville pointed out that "agriculture" is such an abstract concept that he didn't even know if a makeup could be made from it. I felt kind of bad for him but it was a pretty unattractive makeup.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I love George, but I was also surprised by that. I think Tyler's was just too generic, while George definitely had a Deconstructionist look to his face.

I appreciated Tyler's shoutout to the Disney Gargoyles series, though. :kiddo:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Blazing Ownager posted:

I find that kind of shocking given they don't have the house situation anymore, they aren't doing stupid challenges like the "Fool your friends and family" mess, etc. I mean do they really take their cell phones away during the entire filming and keep the prisoner from going out to lunch?

Also I don't even see the point in that anymore for those reasons too. I just don't get it.

Probably since it's an "all star" season they've made it much harder on the contestants. Make them rely on their own knowledge and creativity rather than researching something.

I don't agree that Tyler got sent home for mentioning the cartoon, though. Again, his makeup was an amazing gargoyle, but it wasn't specific to the architecture. As Ve pointed out, he's had a lot of repetition in the last few challenges with the scrunched up faces, too.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Same, I really surprised by that result. I was 100% certain that George had been hosed over by randomly selecting Deconstructivism which was a bitch rear end move to pull on a contestant in the semi-finals.

It was along the lines of "god of agriculture" and makes me wonder if the producers stick these wonky rear end categories in there just to screw over one contestant. Might as well have given someone a Brutalist gargoyle.

Alien Sex Manual fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 19, 2017

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This week's episode of Cosplay Melee was also goddamned hilarious for all the wrong reason. "Cats represent danger!"

I mean I know they have to make up the backstory on the fly, but lol at the guy avenging the "brutal murder" of a cat.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Cig definitely deserved that win. I'll miss him and his weirdass hats.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The eagle was fine but that crane...at least George's looked like an eagle. That crane beak wasn't remotely like any actual crane, and then the "bun" on top...eugh

Kung Food posted:

Cig was clearly the winner, but I can't help feel like he had easy mode because, c'mon Dragon and Tiger?" You almost would have to try to not make those look cool.

Don't you remember how badly they hosed up a lion in that Wizard of Oz challenge? Give the man some credit here.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My satellite poo poo itself last night; did Nick get sent home? I agree with Glenn because that was a hosed up thing to do.

N/m it apparently recorded another one. He deserved it. The finished makeups weren't even that great on the fairies either.

Alien Sex Manual fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The finale was apparently worthy of so little notice that my DVR didn't record it. :v: Did Andrew win?

• Locked thread