Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She also could have made the entire sculpt look more regal and godlike rather than making it look like a random D&D lava creature.

Yeah, I think this was the biggest problem. If she had more sweeping forms and elegant curves it would have worked much better. Modeling after Hawaiian forms would have been cool, but not necessary to salvage the make up. She just needed a little less spiky monster and more regal deity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

This is SACRILEGE in the makeup industry
Glenn Mad. Glenn Smash

Sacrilege or not, destroying hours of someone's work without their consent is an absolute dick move. So the dude absolutely deserves to get smashed for that.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

You can't actually reign them in and change poo poo yourself you just have to verbally badger them and hope they do it? Like what if he just kicked her off the sculpt entirely and told her to do another task while he took over/completely redid her work? Would that have been different because he was actually switching team members tasks around instead of just taking the wheel for a while?

Yeah that would be different. Because at least in that instance there was some communication. Also in most industries when you have a leadership position, you are responsible for the people below you. So when they mess up that's a reflection on you as well but I don't think the judges are always looking to boot the foreman when things go wrong.

What he should have done was sit her aside and talk to her about the sculpt. If she refused to listen and did her own thing despite his best efforts to advise and push her in a better direction then she would have been the one going home, not him. But just unceremoniously destroying all of someone's work without saying even one word to them about it is certainly no way to do it. That's not leadership and that's what is being tested in the foreman role. Also as someone said, there is a very good chance that what he did was explicitly against the rules for the show which would be something that would have sealed his fate anyways.

Don't get me wrong though, I think this format in general is awful but the judges definitely made the right call in sending Nick home given circumstances.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 30, 2017

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
It's telling that despite the new episode there is zero activity in here. It's hard to get excited about this season. Don't get me wrong, some of the make ups on ethereal effects were really good and Kiersten deserved the win. But personally i'm just completely over the one perfect team, one terrible team gimmick.

I feel bad for the next poor soul who has to be shunted over to the bad team to make it even again.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Joseph might have survived if he bothered to actually paint the dude's face so that it matched the cowl. Then it wouldn't have been like the dude was wearing a weird hat. If he also replaced the yeti hair with just about anything else, that would have also helped.

Like the make up would have still been bad, but they do take history into account and I think that would have been enough so that Phil would have fallen instead. I'm kinda glad it worked out this way though because if Phil's was the only really terrible one, then it's also possible they might have given the win to Twisted Six based on the strength of their Spring/Summer make ups. Then Kirsten would have been the one to go and she really deserves to get to the end.

They just need to never do shops again. It's telling they had to break their own set up just so they could let the right person go by declaring no winner. What's even the point of teams if they do that? It's just a mess at this point.

• Locked thread