Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

Considering 'Twisted Six' aside from Nick seem kind of hopeless, by God I hope we see that. The thread title for this season ought to be 'FACE OFF: Goofus and Gallant edition'.

The queen termite was a bungle by the winning team, but if you're making wasp people, dear god don't give them bug eyes and also just leave their actual eyes there.

The worst I thought was the wasp drone; Neville said it looked more beak-like, but from the black mouth on yellow face, all I could think of was 'Holy poo poo, they made Bee Al Jolson'. The queen face matched with that amazing cowl Nick made really brought it down too.

Was a little bummed by the elimination though. I found Al rather charming. Plus, it seemed like such a poo poo reason. 'You guys need to do three makeups and a prop. Guy tasked with making the prop, you didn't do enough make up. Go home.'

He probably got axed for spending two days on the last challenge lovingly sculpting not safe for work werewolf octo-tits.
Space (the channel) didn't show the 'creators explain their work to the judges' part for the female werewolf and kept shots of the character's chest to blink and you'll miss it moments during the up-close viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
This season just lacks the artistry of the past few.
Most have the shop skills but no one has really made anything unusual (if you don't count werewolf multijugs) or with a great story written into the sculpt/paint.
Almost all the demons looked like generic demons. No serious body horror for hell's punishment or otherworldly beauty for the temptation based levels of hell. All very humanoid except the hot mess that got sad voice lady sent home.

The fact that all contestants used the horns on the top sides of the head instead of getting creative says a lot.

• Locked thread