Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.
I thought Emily and Tyler's was gorgeous and one of the best makeups I've ever seen on this show. But I guess if they're going by whose makeup more recognizably hit the theme, Niko's and Cat's was a good choice.

Still, though, that fuckin' corroded head detail on Emily/Tyler's...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Shneak posted:

Let's just pencil in Emily and Tyler for the finale goddamn

For real. I already thought Emily was super talented based on her season, but the collaboration between her and Tyler has been stellar. Their makeup was incredible and more than deserved that win. Also Emily's wig work is a great secret weapon to have, since janky styling can really sink an otherwise good makeup.

Sad to see Niko and Cat go, but their piece really was weak. Overall I thought the designs were pretty good for a two-day challenge, though.

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

I don't find the dorky affectations of the teams embarrassing so much as endearing, personally. From matching blue hair to T-shirts with their partner's face, it's all good with me.

Obviously I'm an Emily (and Tyler) fan. They seem a lock for the finals. I think I'd really enjoy a head to head between them and Cig & George. Here's hoping that's how it goes down!

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Shneak posted:

:wtf: at George not getting eliminated. That 'wing' was unacceptable. It was a piece of foam painted barely metallic and attached with a rope? Conceptually Tyler's gargoyle looked more gothic than victorian but it was made super well. Just odd to see a better technique lose out to concept.

Emily's art deco bird is my favourite of the season. So good. I want her to win but I feel like Cig will slip by and defeat her.

I was worried about Emily after last week, but she really pulled it out this week and restored my faith in her. That makeup was awesome. I'm pulling for her in the finale, but I'd be find with Cig or George, so there's really no disappointing me next episode.

That said, it really was a tough call between George and Tyler. George's had those hideous wings and horns... but the actual makeup was a great interpretation of his architectural style. Tyler's was incredibly well executed... but felt generic and didn't fit the architecture. It could have gone either way, but I think I feel better about the guy with the harder assignment going through, even though I liked Tyler.

• Locked thread