Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/gotnothinbutlov/status/834066273067728896

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

(also almost certainly false as it would be against NFL rules for him to be meeting with the Texans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Haha yeah and NFL teams never break the tampering rule.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't think they'd be so brazen about it :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I sure am loving all the noise I'm hearing in Houston these days about how Romo is a bad idea and we should trade whatever it takes to get Jimmy G instead

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

I sure am loving all the noise I'm hearing in Houston these days about how Romo is a bad idea and we should trade whatever it takes to get Jimmy G instead

This is the Brady backup that will be different. Nevermind that New England is completely willing to trade him away, just ignore that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Look how many years have you dealt with your team making the worst possible QB moves? Jimmy G is your future one year QB Browns with a good defense team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Barnwell thinks the Texans should trade their first for Jimmy

Nov 6, 2002

I agree.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Barnwell thinks the Texans should trade their first for Jimmy

If you think that Jimmy is worth the Browns' #33, which I think is probably the conservative expectation at this point (considering the loving lunatics like Simmons/Lombardi thinking the Browns needing to give up #12+), then I don't think it's crazy for the Texans to look at that and consider giving up #25.

I'd rather have Romo of course, but the timing may not work out for that if the Cowboys think they can actually trade him.

Nov 6, 2002

Wouldn't Jimmy be a more practical fit with their cap situation? I mean obviously it depends on what Romo wants, but I'm assuming he's looking for around market price for a top 10 QB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Romo is getting 17 million a year for 3 years with like 20 guaranteed

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

If you think that Jimmy is worth the Browns' #33, which I think is probably the conservative expectation at this point (considering the loving lunatics like Simmons/Lombardi thinking the Browns needing to give up #12+), then I don't think it's crazy for the Texans to look at that and consider giving up #25.

I'd rather have Romo of course, but the timing may not work out for that if the Cowboys think they can actually trade him.

I don't want another loving Patriots backup, especially not one who has played 1.5 games

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Wouldn't Jimmy be a more practical fit with their cap situation? I mean obviously it depends on what Romo wants, but I'm assuming he's looking for around market price for a top 10 QB.

Romo isn't going to command nearly what he would have if he hadn't missed so much time due to his health, especially at age 37

His market should realistically be an incentive laden contract from a team that thinks it's a QB away and wants to gamble on a healthy season before their window closes (Houston and Denver pretty much)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 28, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How has this not been posted?

I'm an idiot and just found this thread even though its been around a while now :downs:

I dont know why the Jaguars cut Beachum either, he just came back from an ACL and should get a second year. Now we are trading for loving old and broken Branden Albert :sigh:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How has this not been posted?

I dont know why the Jaguars cut Beachum either, he just came back from an ACL and should get a second year. Now we are trading for loving old and broken Branden Albert :sigh:

gently caress hope. :negative:

:smithicide:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

turns out the south won't rise again :/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

purkey posted:

turns out the south won't rise again :/

Picking top 5 in 2018. I can feel it. :smith:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

Picking top 5 in 2018. I can feel it. :smith:
Because we fleece someone who wants to trade up to the Jaguars' spot in this year's draft, right? Right?!?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Because we fleece someone who wants to trade up to the Jaguars' spot in this year's draft, right? Right?!?

Yes!

And my old, sick dog went to live on a farm, where's he playing with all the cute and cuddly farm animals!

:smithicide:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You never know!

This could finally be the year Blake Bortles turns into an acceptable NFL quarterback.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Speaking of the 5-spot, the Titans are starting to talk to teams about trading down. I'm generally in favor of that considering the DBs and WRs that should be available near our 2nd pick.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/status/838808861075210240

Maybe some sort of pick-swap situation and bring him over?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
why do we need a #1 wr when we still haven't cut nfl superstar dirty harry douglas

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
cooks is like everything wright was supposed to be so hell yes get him over here jrob

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

New Colts GM is already making good moves with keeping Doyle and trading Allen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Giving the Patriots a pass catching TE basically for free is definitely a savvy move by an AFC GM

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

Giving the Patriots a pass catching TE basically for free is definitely a savvy move by an AFC GM

Get started on the "Dwayne Allen Former Colt, 2018 NFL Champion" banner.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Allen has stone hands, so calling him a pass catching TE is a stretch. He's got a big body and is a nice red zone target, but injuries have taken away any speed he once had. And he's just as likely to miss more games than he plays.

A 4th for him is good since he was otherwise likely to get cut.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Until Brady makes him look like a world beater, then the Pats let him walk and get a 3rd round comp for him

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts are not beating the Pats anytime within Allen's contract with or with him on the Pats so getting a bag of deflated footballs for him is a good deal. Now if we can just trade Grigson for a packet of bulk Gatorade we are in business.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Elephanthead posted:

Colts are not beating the Pats anytime within Allen's contract with or with him on the Pats so getting a bag of deflated footballs for him is a good deal. Now if we can just trade Grigson for a packet of bulk Gatorade we are in business.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Elephanthead posted:

You can just get it at Walmart you know. Or Target if you want to be classy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gatorade is bullshit, it's all about the pedialyte these days

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Romo winning a superbowl in Houston would be worth it.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Brock traded to the Browns! I have no clue how to feel since I had fully embraced the numbness another season of Brock would require.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ugh...what a bust of a free agent.

Still, it's a price worth paying if it lands them Romo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Like Rick Smith wouldn't just screw up a second round pick anyway

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Remember when the Texans were hanging around the Pats because of their defense and refused to sit Brock even though he was very obviously costing them any chance to win?

Now they basically have to give away a pick to get rid of him. :lol:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Elephanthead posted:

We can't trade Grigson because we don't have him anymore. Way to trigger me, I thought i had dreamt him getting fired and was going to freak out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Elephanthead posted:

Romo winning a superbowl in Houston would be worth it.

I can cheer on Romo while simultaneously making GBS threads all over the Texans fans on Facebook that used to poo poo all over him.

Win-win, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
is cyprien good jag fans?

• Locked thread