Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Congrats on the division, Titans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
haha the Titans haven't won the division since 2007?, the only thing certain is death

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Congrats on the division, Titans

What happened today?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

What happened today?

The Texans became locked in to Savage as the starter

Which means Weeden will be the starter when Savage goes on IR in week 3

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

The Texans became locked in to Savage as the starter

Which means Weeden will be the starter when Savage goes on IR in week 3

Dang, Savage is serviceable, but I agree with durability concerns. Can't believe the GM is wasting this defense with no QB.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The tits are winning the super bowl

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

Dang, Savage is serviceable, but I agree with durability concerns. Can't believe the GM is wasting this defense with no QB.

Should trade for Cousins IMO

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
So Texans free agency they have signed 0 people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well they've signed a couple of their own free agents :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also there's this:

https://twitter.com/StephStradley/status/849291649758973953

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The other option is Tom Savage.

I mean at that point I'm a fan of Brandon Weeden too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's amazing to me that they're not even considering Cutler

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
In the NFL looking like you not give a gently caress on the sideline is apparently just as job killing as standing up for what you believe in. Kneeling down for what you believe in, but still.

If you clap on the sidelines, and shut the gently caress up when people ask you opinions, you too can be on an NFL roster at QB. Bonus points if you did nothing behind Tom Brady.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Intruder posted:

It's amazing to me that they're not even considering Cutler

I imagine if O'Brien couldn't get along with Osweiler, him and Cutler might make Buddy Ryan vs Kevin Gilbride look tame in comparison.

I put our QB woes entirely on O'Brien.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

b0ng posted:

I imagine if O'Brien couldn't get along with Osweiler, him and Cutler might make Buddy Ryan vs Kevin Gilbride look tame in comparison.

I put our QB woes entirely on O'Brien.

lol, wut. Dude, he's not making choices on who Rick Smith signs. He keeps giving turds to polish, and they just crumble in his hands.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

How could he not get anything out of Keenam, Mallet, Osweiler, Savage and...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I could definitely see O'Brien clashing hard with Cutler if they signed him though.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

purkey posted:

How could he not get anything out of Keenam, Mallet, Osweiler, Savage and...

He did get serviceable play from Savage until he was injured? Osweiller is one of the worst people to play the position in some time and he was forced to start him most of the season/playoffs. Mallet is a douche who self destructed? I don't think Keenum was ever going to start in Houston, especially after they let him walk after his playoff win.

I'm not saying O'Brien is perfect, but idk if he can bear the brunt of the blame when his GM keeps giving him nothing to work with. It's not like the dudes you have listed start anywhere or went on to do good things after they weren't with O'Brien.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Neil Armbong posted:

lol, wut. Dude, he's not making choices on who Rick Smith signs. He keeps giving turds to polish, and they just crumble in his hands.

lol.

Yes, control freak Bill O'Brien has no input on who he wants as his QB and is entirely putting this part of his career in the hands of rick smith. Those backup QB's from the Pats were certainly not his choices.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Neil Armbong posted:

He did get serviceable play from Savage until he was injured? Osweiller is one of the worst people to play the position in some time and he was forced to start him most of the season/playoffs. Mallet is a douche who self destructed? I don't think Keenum was ever going to start in Houston, especially after they let him walk after his playoff win.

I'm not saying O'Brien is perfect, but idk if he can bear the brunt of the blame when his GM keeps giving him nothing to work with. It's not like the dudes you have listed start anywhere or went on to do good things after they weren't with O'Brien.

I was thinking more that all of those QBs are brutal. Savage's peak is serviceable for a game or two.

Edit: BoB didn't even get a chance to meet with Brock before he was signed right?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

purkey posted:

Edit: BoB didn't even get a chance to meet with Brock before he was signed right?

Correct. Which leads me to assume he has had minimal input to other personnel choices.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I can't help but feel enthused by the Jaguars defensive acquisitions, especially considering our top 10 ranking last year. OL is still a gigantic question mark that I'm not sure can be answered in the draft, but maybe adding a back like Fournette will make this half assed line shine.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

I can't help but feel enthused by the Jaguars defensive acquisitions, especially considering our top 10 ranking last year. OL is still a gigantic question mark that I'm not sure can be answered in the draft, but maybe adding a back like Fournette will make this half assed line shine.
I'm quite the opposite in pretty much every regard. The defense was terrible last year and the only reason people think it was any good was because of one of the worst metrics out there - total yards allowed. The only reason that the yards allowed was so low was because the offense was so incredibly lovely.

The defensive signings this year were​ bad - an old 3-4 DE, a one year wonder corner who will turn into a pumpkin off of that sicknasty Houston D, and a mediocre safety.

Not signing any worthwhile offensive lineman when there were a number of decent ones available was dumb, cutting Beachum was dumb, trading for Albert was super dumb.

The draft can't fix 4 holes on the oline and drafting a RB at 4 would be incredibly stupid considering the situation.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm quite the opposite in pretty much every regard. The defense was terrible last year and the only reason people think it was any good was because of one of the worst metrics out there - total yards allowed. The only reason that the yards allowed was so low was because the offense was so incredibly lovely.

The defensive signings this year were​ bad - an old 3-4 DE, a one year wonder corner who will turn into a pumpkin off of that sicknasty Houston D, and a mediocre safety.

Not signing any worthwhile offensive lineman when there were a number of decent ones available was dumb, cutting Beachum was dumb, trading for Albert was super dumb.

The draft can't fix 4 holes on the oline and drafting a RB at 4 would be incredibly stupid considering the situation.

I know. You've made it very clear. I'm just a dumb optimist for my dumb team. It's only been 17 years, what's another lost season?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

On the other hand, the Jags D was constantly put in awful situations by that offense and does have some quality young talent. They weren't top ten caliber, but they do have something to build on.

I do like Bouye, but man the offense is still gonna be bad.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All is lost. We'll be picking top 5 next year, too.

:negative:

FSU hasn't won anything in years and the Jags never have. :smith:

Why do the football gods hate me personally? :saddowns:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

whiteyfats posted:

FSU hasn't won anything in years

Uh... What?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

whiteyfats posted:

FSU hasn't won anything in years and the Jags never have. :smith:

Why do the football gods hate me personally? :saddowns:

If your team has won or played for a Natty in the past 5 years, the football gods don't hate you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neil Armbong posted:

If your team has won or played for a Natty in the past 5 years, the football gods don't hate you.

Only one of them has. :colbert:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The last time a Houston team has done anything is over 10 years, when the Astros made the World Series. They got swept.

Before that, it's back to 1994. I have zero sympathy for you Jags fan.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

The last time a Houston team has done anything is over 10 years, when the Astros made the World Series. They got swept.

It was the happiest, and then saddest I've ever seen the city of Houston. Admittedly, I was too young to care or realize the significance of the Rockets winning their two championships, but still.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Kirios posted:

The Dynamo won a couple of titles 10 years ago. We might as well claim that poo poo if it's there.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

i think that it would be cool if the jaguars were a fun and good team

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

i think that it would be cool if the jaguars were a fun and good team
Hell, same.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Some day. But until that day, I met the guy that runs Corner Taco and he is a very nice dude.

So at least we have tacos.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-5-draft-trades-that-make-sense-for-both-sides/

#3 on this list is funny as hell

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lmao what a joke. The writer doesnt know poo poo - Bortles will be running the same system he ran the second half of last year. And he didnt take 10 steps backwards last year. Yes he took 33% fewer sacks and threw fewer interceptions, but still a lot of interceptions. But 33% fewer sacks is significant, but may be the cause of some of the Ints because he threw the ball too early or was running for his life.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
His mechanics definitely looked awful last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

His mechanics definitely looked awful last year.
Indeed. I dont know why they suddenly turned to poo poo but they did. One can hope he can learn. It will help that he will be playing behind an improved offensive li- oh, he is still going to be running for his life. Right. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Any GM who even suggests trading a first rounder for Bortles should be instantaneously fired and blackballed from football

Use that first on literally any QB in the draft and you have a better chance of getting someone useful

• Locked thread