Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Idc, Bort has endeared himself to me in this moment here: https://vine.co/v/5epKhT25ZDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

David Quessenberry has beaten lymphoma :unsmith:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

David Quessenberry has beaten lymphoma :unsmith:

yay

He broke the bell, haha

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Andre Johnson to sign a one-day contract with the Texans. It's mind-boggling how fast 14 years pass, yet here we are.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always like when players come back to sign for a day to retire as a member of their "real" team. Loved when Fred Taylor retired a Jag.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

whiteyfats posted:

I always like when players come back to sign for a day to retire as a member of their "real" team. Loved when Fred Taylor retired a Jag.

Like when Peyton retired a Bronco?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flikken posted:

Like when Peyton retired a Bronco?

Did he?

Sick burn on Indy.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

whiteyfats posted:

Did he?

Sick burn on Indy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-peyton-manning-spurns-colts-one-day-deal-retires-with-broncos/amp/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:vince:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well I'm finally back in the country, let's see what the Texans did while I was awa-

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Andre Johnson to sign a one-day contract with the Texans. It's mind-boggling how fast 14 years pass, yet here we are.

Well now at least I can dig my AJ80 jersey out of the closet again

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
No longer waiting on Jay, I guess!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Looks like I am rooting for the Raiders this year. gently caress drafting an upright running RB in a RB rich draft when you have the second worst OL in the league. Goodbye, David Caldwell :byewhore:

all-Rush mixtape posted:

No longer waiting on Jay, I guess!
Seriously.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't hate this pick but I sure don't love it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Do you think he isn't the best QB in the draft?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Adoree and Corey 😊😊😊😊😊

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts got another basketball player, making them the best b-ball team in the AFC South.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

He has such a low bar to clear, dude.

Just enjoy the non-Brock ride.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Do you think he isn't the best QB in the draft?

Certainly not the highest ceiling. Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer and Webb all have higher ceilings and I feel like the first three will definitely be better than him

Hearing "receivers were waiting on his passes to arrive at his pro day" is quite discouraging

HOPE I'M WRONG THOUGH

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Looks like I am rooting for the Raiders this year. gently caress drafting an upright running RB in a RB rich draft when you have the second worst OL in the league. Goodbye, David Caldwell :byewhore:

I don't see it as a terrible pick. The Jags just need to improve the o-line, which is totally doable with Forrest Lamp and Cam Robinson both sitting there at the top of Round 2.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 28, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

Certainly not the highest ceiling. Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer and Webb all have higher ceilings and I feel like the first three will definitely be better than him
I think Trubisky has some big bust potential

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cactus Jack posted:

I don't see it as a terrible pick. The Jags just need to improve the o-line, which is totally doable with Forrest Lamp and Cam Robinson both sitting there at the top of Round 2.
Nah, gently caress this team. Stupid stupid FA signings year in and year out, poor drafting - just because the roster is better does not mean the team has been drafting well. A few lucky hits on the likes of Allen Robinson, Telvin Smith, and Yannick Ngakoue do not make up for all of the busts and just plain bad draftees.

The Jaguars go 5-11 or worse this year while loving Fournette gets less than 750 yards from scrimmage :toxx:

edit: lol @ the Texans giving their draft next year to the Browns.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Apr 28, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

JT Jag posted:

I think Trubisky has some big bust potential

Most every QB does, though.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

I don't either but it forces the Texans into win-now time. If Watson hits, there may actually be a chance of winning a second round game. If he busts, it might finally be enough to push Rick Smith out the dooahahahahah who am I kidding

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 28, 2017

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm glad the Texans gave up a lot of picks for a mediocre QB

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Corey Davis is gonna own

also I'm glad the Titans now have someone that's not Mariani/Reynaud/McCluster/Sankey/Garbage returning kicks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'm glad the Texans gave up a lot of picks for a mediocre QB

Well this is the division of mediocre QBs

Korranus posted:

I don't either but it forces the Texans into win-now time. If Watson hits, there may actually be a chance of winning a second round game. If he busts, it might finally be enough to push Rick Smith out the dooahahahahah who am I kidding

lol at not signing Cutler

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Intruder posted:

Well this is the division of mediocre QBs

um excuse me Mariota is Elite

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
That Blake Bortles really is a guy who wears the number 5. Yep.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Korranus posted:

If the Brock fiasco didn't get Smith canned since it was literally all his doing, then I have no idea what will. He has a job for life as far as I can tell.

edit: grammar

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 28, 2017

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Stevie Lee posted:

um excuse me Mariota is Elite

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Being incapable of sweeping the Jags does not an elite QB make :v:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I hate the Hooker pick. He's an athlete with poor angles, tackling, and injury history.

quote this in 7 months when he's intercepting everything

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

He got injured in the second game so I dont think that game counts.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intruder posted:

Peyton's not elite?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Korranus posted:

Maybe there are alternative ways of solving the issue, an accident could happen for instance?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Shadow225 posted:

I hate the Hooker pick. He's an athlete with poor angles, tackling, and injury history.

quote this in 7 months when he's intercepting everything

Who knows. Just imagine if Grigson was running the draft and what we would have had. So far seems pretty decent.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Colts had a solid draft. A lot of defensive talent, an RB who should contribute right away, and a huge OL that they can use as a project.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I like the Colts draft! In Ballard We Trust. I said that about Grigson early on, though, so

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Well the bengals have forsaken me, so here i am. God bless marcus mariota and erotic smashmouth. Titan Up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jeff Fisher is the best head coach the Titans have had since being in Tennessee

• Locked thread