Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should it be legal for other people to assault you if they disagree with you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 183 49.06%
No 190 50.94%
Total: 328 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bob le Moche posted:

If you have a problem with punching nazis but are OK with police and military violence, you are a hypocrite and a nazi collaborator and deserve to be punched

What if I'm okay with neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He also really liked giving and receiving enemas

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cerebral Bore posted:

Gandhi was also OK with violent resistance if you personally weren't capable of the discipline and mental fortitude demanded by his brand of non-violence, and also was of the opinion that people who claimed to be non-violent as an excuse to do nothing in the face of injustice were reprehensible cowards.

I thought there also had to be no other option for him to be okay with violence? Like straight up self-defense I guess

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bob le Moche posted:

"Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them"
-- Assata Shakur

" I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."
-- Martin Luther King Jr.

This post did a lot more to sway me then anything else posted in the thread and I want you to know that.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SSNeoman posted:

Maybe the truth is...

somewhere in the middle...

*whiteness envelops everything in 200 km radius*

The truth is in my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wish people could post in this thread without accusing each other of being nazi supporters / sympathizers. I like the discussion but can't stand the toxic circle jerking and name calling. It makes D&D such a shithole

• Locked thread