Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should it be legal for other people to assault you if they disagree with you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 183 49.06%
No 190 50.94%
Total: 328 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Lightning Knight posted:

It shouldn't be legal.

But jury nullification still exists and is cool and good when used to help people who punch Nazis in their goddamn faces.

The moral of the story is gently caress the fascists.

I for one look forward to an America where certain minority groups are OK to murder with a speech to the jury about jury nullification and a wink and a nod.

"He carrying a sign advocating eliminating my race. Did you know that as the jury, and as members of the race he wanted to eliminate, you can vote not guilty if you don't think what I did was wrong?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

edit: nvm

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Law exists to serve justice, and necessarily has blindspots intentionally put into place by humans who wisely anticipated their own lack of objectivity - hence "it is illegal to assault someone".

However, Spencer is a Nazi and a plague on humanity - assaulting him is just, even if it's not legal. The illegality of the act isn't a tacit endorsement of his right to spread hate speech. It's just another blindspot. And a challenge.

While I don't think that killing an abortion doctor should be legal, I think it is justified and will obviously do everything in my power to ensure such a person avoids punishment for committing such a self-evidently just act.

Also, basically whatever Israel does to the nasty Nazi-like antisemites in Palestine is totally cool

on the left fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 23, 2017

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

The ideology eater posted:

That's pretty hosed up dude. Probably should feel that way about nazis instead.

All right-thinking people acknowledge that murdering millions of children is like another shoah, and that nobody would think twice about assasinating the modern equivalent of Dr. Goebbels in front of his family or using a pipe bomb to catch the collaborators as well.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013

stone cold posted:

fetuses aren't children, hope this helps

One simple trick to killing anyone without remorse: make their humanity up for debate

• Locked thread