Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Housh posted:

We'll see this time. I know Best Buy usually gets me games Friday or Monday before retail Tuesday. My Y0 is with Amazon Prime and I saw it shipped out Friday and right now it's sitting at the mail depot 20 minutes away. I would be surprised if it doesn't find its way here in the Monday mail. I'm super excited.

I have this preordered with Prime and live in a Chicago suburb and have not seen mine ship at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I've heard if you get enough people to buy the game you can become a Yakuza. Or get beat up by Kiryu.

I think I'd be a straight up ane-san at this point.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Sindai posted:

Please tell me how to cheese Mr Shakedowns they are loving BULLSHIT and I've never even come close to winning. I don't have the patience to run around tapping them gently for several minutes.

I bolded your problem for you. That and Staminans and Tauriners.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Freaksaus posted:

I did the password substory yesterday and man, that ending was great. Kiryu just walking away after getting the right password looking all satisfied was just perfect.

I took a video of it, even!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl0cUvN_XnA

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Honestly the only scary thing about Mr. Shakedown to me is those freaking stomps. They eat SO MUCH HEALTH if you don't mash up fast enough.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Can't say I ever really had more trouble with an Amon fight than I did with the final battle. Yeah I know it's "harder" but it's not that bad.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Kiryu's version?

Any version in a Yakuza game I've played so far? 3, 4, 5...

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I am not sure there is literally anything on Earth that can stop KIryu from completing a sidequest.

Nothing but a different sidequest, really.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I don't think anyone here is in danger of ditching their life to become a yakuza or misguidedly supporting yakuza efforts so maybe we can go back to talking about this sweet-rear end video game I'm playing idk

e: oh no new page!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Half the time there's smartphone apps everyone hates that there's one at all, the other half everyone demands them. Never understand, really.

Either way that wouldn't feel very 80s at all so meh.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Don't let your health dip below 3/4 for long and absolutely do not stay on the ground / let yourself get stomped. The end.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Random Integer posted:

I just picked this game up ona whim, knowing nothing about the series, and holy poo poo it is the best game I have played in a long time. Pretty much everything about it is really solidly put together. I love the contrast between how totally serious and kinda OTT high drama the main plot is and how completely goofy and self-aware pretty much all the side missions are. I don't know why it works, it shouldn't work, but it totally does.

Also I would legit play an entire game based around managing the cabaret club and the wacky misadventures of Majima, Youda, Yuki and company. And I cannot stop listening to this song.

Every time I play a Yakuza game I end up singing this loving thing for weeks. :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-OrA7v34M

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Captain Walker posted:

Buy accessories from the pretty princess dress up sim in the makeover menu, each one counts towards that total

This is correct. Just buy them poo poo. I unlocked them without even knowing it.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

FINALLY. This Figma took freakin' forEVER.

https://twitter.com/sacaitlin/status/836352624890941440

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

...so spoilers, which is impressive considering you managed to use the spoiler tags anyway

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

spoilery as hell, man

I did such a good job avoiding this game's spoilers but boy do I appreciate this goon just breaking that streak. And I was on chapter 11. :sigh:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Did you even take a cursory glance?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Music-Sound...LYAAOSwKrhVZtBz

(to be clear, all I searched was "yakuza soundtrack")

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

That soundtrack doesn't actually contain any songs from the game itself, at least according to this: http://segabits.com/blog/2015/03/04/a-look-at-yakuza-zeros-80s-hits-collection/

As You Like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gzFBnfRfo

Check your DMs for a link :toot:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

I am utterly loving hooked on this song and I can't stop singing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLDo-jHcvAQ

edit: I cannot for the life of me configure a pocket racer capable of winning the third race. Either it's too slow or it's so unstable it ends up flying off the track. Probably doesn't help that I bought the Killer Bee and have the God Motor II and God Gears in it.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/pocketcircuit.html

just use that list.

Hexenritter posted:

Where can I get the Peerless Pole for fishing as Majima? The pawn shop doesn't have it in stock yet.

All I can tell you is that I had the quest to fish for Komian, went to the Pawn Shop in Sotenbori and they had the Peerless Pole in stock. :shrug:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

The only other detail I can think of is that I was in... Chapter 8.

e : also, that Pocket Circuit part list uses the JP names directly translated. Just pay attention to : the icon of the part, the number of points the part uses

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 6, 2017

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Sell them.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

Perhaps I'm stupid as hell (actually a fact) but some of the pacing of the main plot is crazy in certain chapters. You advance it two steps and are drawn into a super long sequence and that is all she wrote.

Welcome to all of the Yakuza games.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Also, after you beat him a few times he starts carrying more money, so I was making several hundred million - a billion fighting him as Majima, which was a big help besides the money from the Five Stars.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Not very I should think? The worst part is that your weapons and armor are shared inventory with your healing items so you have to manage it more.

e : also, storywise they directly tie together, 0 -> 4 -> 5

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Assuming you don't have a PS2...

Y0 -> YK -> Y4 -> Y5 -> Y3 if you feel like it I guess I'd skip -> Y6

that's personal though, Y3 is just really weak, it's not BAD.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Number of fans determines ranking. Also, Mega Rich customers need very high stats in their favored areas and often request hostesses by name. Pay attention to your roster. By the time you're getting to "Mega Rich" people on the regular you should have at least a few platinum hostesses and several golds to make up for the rest.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Captain Walker posted:

I can't wait for Makoto Makimura and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day: Let's Play Yakuza 0 in a couple years.

Unfortunately everything past the point of no return in the story is considered a "blocked scene" by the PS4's Share function, so it can't be recorded without other hardware.

This thread managed to spoil it even with the blocked scenes. Frankly I'm glad they were blocked.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

you guys put WAY too much thought into this beyond "make sure they have a smiley face or at least a neutral face"

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

there's like 1/3rd of this thread that appears to be the living embodiment of white people without rhythm

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

precision posted:

Nah they're right, the timing on the button presses for the disco game is way unforgiving even for someone that's played a lot of rhythm games. Like we recently had Hatsune Miku on 3DS and I could do most of the songs no sweat, but the disco game could still gently caress my poo poo up seemingly at random because the window to hit the button is really, really narrow and the visual indicator is "bad" at best, I beat the songs by just getting into the groove of the song and barely paying attention to the screen.

It's not as bad as some people are making it out to be but it is definitely really hard in a way that's kind of unfair.

I disagree strongly, as "someone that's played a lot of rhythm games." This is why I understand I have some bias here, but I can't fathom how someone who can handle other rhythm games can't get this one. Frankly I think the timing is generous.

Policenaut posted:

Now I feel really weird because I knocked out the Disco minigame completion in like half an hour.

yeah this pretty much

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

:confused: What? OHHH I think I know what you mean now, disregard I guess.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

What are you even talking about?

Here's Haruka's fight against Noa Amon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjYbBFX8ySs

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I got new foster kittens so I named them Kiryu, Majima and Saejima. :kimchi:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I hope one day you'll be on first name basis

Haha! Let's be real, Kazuma, Goro and Taiga didn't have the same ring to it. There are two more girls my friend got from the same litter who have Persona 5 names. Morgana and... ok I haven't played it yet so I don't remember the other one. Lola? Somethin'.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Goro is a fine name for a cat, and Taiga is basically the perfect anime/videogame cat name. And you could just call the 3rd one Kazzy.

Well, I am a certified animal rescue mom, so I will have plenty of opportunities. Really, I was just told "ok, time to name them!" and they were the first 3 names that sprung to mind since Y0 was all I played lately besides Overwatch.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

Hell yeah, the interjection mode is fantastic and hilarious. I had a similar response to Rogue of Love (or is it spelled Rouge in game?).

You mean Kazzy-kun, baka gaijin :colbert:

It's Rouge :3: Maybe I'll call Kiryu "Kazzy-kun" for short~ which is not short at all but gently caress you

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Brilliant. Gorogorogoro-chan and Kazzy-kun shall hear their nicknames when I return home from work! But Taiga is still Taiga.

(taiga uppercut?)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

We could have had a Haruka idol game spinoff if they hadn't so thoroughly shot her career full of holes.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Ratoslov posted:

Then now's a good time for her to get into the family buisness! :getin:

Sold! I'd buy it. :toot:

I know it's a Korean film, but I just got flashes of My Wife is a Gangster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Wife_Is_a_Gangster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I am definitely one of the people who replied to that tweet requesting Kiryu since Tekken is the major fighting game franchise I play.