Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is Yakuza 0 still the starting point for people new to the series or is that what Like a Dragon is for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
"Like a Dragon" it is!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm not playing ten game though. And I like turn based RPGs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
so I just hit the battle arena in Like a Dragon, is this the time to get on that grind or should I still be sticking to the plot and come back later?

(I did try Yakuza 0 but I bounced off the combat immediately)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
sick, I just hit max bond with everyone too so I don't have to worry about exp distribution

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I maxed out the business thing the day I unlocked it in a delirious haze of shareholder meetings

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Clerk, Dealer and Matriarch all seem really good for Eri, is there a clear choice between the three?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Alrighty, I wasn't sure because thumbtacks have done a lot of heavy lifting and I'm a little wary of RNG-heavy abilities. I'll have to check out these darts.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Dealer for Eri seems pretty cool except for the part where I tried her new skill and she shot Ichiban in the face and I got my first game over.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I kind of want a bunch of meaningless stats to show up in-between each chapter, like how often I've hit an enemy with a bicycle, but measured in dollars of bicycle damage. Also a count of how many random civilians I've bowled over when I'm running through the streets. How many cars hit me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm in the last chapter of Like A Dragon, I think I might have slightly over levelled (Level 59) because The Great Dragon of Dojima was barely a speed bump. I think he got one actual fatality (Nanba) because I was getting lazy on my heals but darts are the great equalizer.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yakuza 7/Like a Dragon: finished! That was a good time.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
how much does the gameplay change between LAD 7 and Infinite Wealth? I liked it but having no idea how wide my AOEs were was very annoying. Also the part where enemies would shuffle out of the way mid-cast.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I knew I was hooked when Saeko slammed a handbag into a dude for ~20 damage, but it knocked him into traffic and he got run over for another 100 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
7 would probably be the best indication of if you'll like Infinite Wealth because they share a protagonist and combat system, and 7 seems to be kind of a soft-reboot sort of thing because it's a whole new cast that doesn't expect you to know wtf was happening in the previous 6+ games.