Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Recommended order for new players still 0 and then the numbered entries in order? Any general tips for the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow the free DLC items you can immediately get in Y0 sure remove any difficulty the early game has

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fishing in 0 is really weird. There's no sense of progression since you can buy the best fishing rod immediately(and it's not super expensive), getting better bait is RNG, and the minigame itself is super simple.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Man Majima's business minigame in 0 is way more interesting than Kiryu's(though it isnt a high bar to clear considering the Real estate stuff is basically just watching numbers go up) but it makes so much less money(and isnt automatic)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Everything involving the Pleasure King in 0 is pretty yikes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Please tell me all the bosses in Kiwami aren’t as bad as Shimano in Chapter 3. It was like fighting a brick wall. I played all of 0 on Hard but if this is what Kiwami is like I’ll bump it down to Normal

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I did, he used that a total of 2 times during the fight. The other 90% of it was chipping away at his health while most of his attacks would instantly known me down,

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, does Kiwami not have any arcade games?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

seiferguy posted:

I cannot for the life of me figure out Fantasy Zone, I just get myself owned each time I play it. I know it's best to go for engine upgrades first because they're permanent but my brain cannot adjust.

I was able to get the completion points in Out Run, Space Harrier and Super Hang-On, but Fantasy Zone forever escapes me.

Don’t feel bad because Fantasy Zone is by far the hardest of those 4. I was surprised to see cute mascot Opa-Opa’s debut game was so brutal

EDIT: Mesuking is soooo much better than catfights. It's still basically the same idea but the presentation, collection aspect, opponents who have specific strategies/tells so it's more of a puzzle, ect. all push it way higher

Pocket racer still boring though. At least the presentation and storyline are still good

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 27, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I despise this Charon M. rear end in a top hat in the Coliseum

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow it doesn't take long to get max level in Kiwami and then there's nothing to use Exp for

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wolfsheim posted:

i technically skipped Ishin while waiting for a deep sale but that barely counts because per IW that was just a dream Kiryu had once

also everyone skipped Dead Souls

Does it count as skipping if there's no practical way to play it?

Spinoffs don't count anyway, especially non-canon ones

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vikar Jerome posted:

They are not cept for the 2nd to last one and its more annoying than what big boy does, big boy is just there to show off the kiwami move

Boy you weren’t kidding, that penultimate boss was awful. Thankfully by this point I had a whole bunch of tools to use against him(and an inventory of recovery items)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The gambling cheat items are hilarious. I like to think everyone knows Kiryu is cheating but no one wants to call out the Dragon of Dojima for getting 5 blackjacks in a row

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Imagine you can make RGG make one yakuza style game (brawler or turn based style) in any other game property you’d like. What do you pick?

Shenmue 4

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Climax battles(at least in Kiwami) is very poorly designed. There’s no restart options but more importantly in a mode where your available skills change per mission you can’t see your skill list so I hope you got that poo poo memorized

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fartington Butts posted:

They never revisit the fact that they built an underground copy of Ala Moana just to make bootleg fashion.

Is it really more absurd than the fighting arena under the river in 0?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
My issue with Disco was that all the Steps do is increase your score when hitting the next note, if you miss the note you get nothing. I think it should've been balanced so that while notes are worth most of the points the steps also give a little bit of points so if you miss the note they arent completely wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mmkay posted:

To expand a bit - the exploit is to lose to Mr Shakedown, before beating him. Since each time you do he takes your money and multiplies it for the next encounter.

This only works with Kiryu though since he has a skill that increases rewards from Mr. Shakedown by 50%