Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

precision posted:

Only 12 30 hours to go :sweatdrop:

Dammit work :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mine came in four hours ago.

I won't get home for another four.

:negative:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Katsuraptor/status/824463487539773442

:allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

... Uh, what?

Even if you somehow thought that was true, I'm pretty sure the critically-and-commerically hailed Dark Souls/Bloodborne games would count as the 'proof that Japanese game developers can do well" before Yakuza would.

Hell, JP game devs have been doing a sight better than western ones for a while now, on the whole.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Does a truck count?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So is Majima's buisness just ludicrously more effort for not even a quarter of the profits of Kiryu's?

I made about 10 billion during chapter six when I got access to Real Estate, and had to be goaded by the game into moving on, but two sessions of cabaret club and I don't think I want to do it again. I don't think I got a hand signal right the whole time.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tofu Injection posted:

My first pool date with a hostess took about 10 seconds. I lost the banking shot and she sunk the 9 off the break.

I thought it was kind of unfair when she said "I didn't expect to be better than you" after.

Yeah I know, a reply to a post from forever ago, but I've been behind. I had my hostess pool thing go similarly, but for the opposite result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAGBGaHMnVI&t=46s

I don't actually know how this sort of pool works. I kind of just did things. I guess it worked?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm down with a gatcha Yakuza game.

I need to buy prisms quartz dragon tokens so I can roll for the new summer swimsuit Maejima before they roll over to the halloween banner event.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

if I get one more loving 7-10 split vs majima i swear to loving god I am going to beat him up with nothing but bowling balls next time he finds me on the street

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Funnily enough, the next match after I posted that, I immediately had three strikes, and on his last three rolls he just immediately threw the ball into the gutter, it was pretty great.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I managed to Mr Shakedown my way to 10 trillion in 0, and based on how long it takes to get one level of Legend style, it'd take over a day of menu levelling to burn all this cash. Goddamn.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/910647680258527233

:toot:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Oh my God I just did Justice in Kiwami karaoke for the first time and :qq:

Do you mean Tonight? Because the translated lyrics are pretty good too

quote:

My trance was broken by false justice
I thought I was holding your hand, but before I knew it it was gone
Seasons change, time ticks away, two people lost their way
So tonight, and tonight
Again tonight, breathe a sigh
While I知 all alone, these memories can稚 be changed
Ah tonight, I値l wait
Yeah tonight, at our usual place
On a night like this, it feels like I値l meet you
If the two of us can walk together again
The old heartbreaks, the tears on our cheeks,
I値l show you how to turn them into funny stories

Until we start to forgive and forget the mistakes of the past
our lives will be a waste of time; let痴 finish it with this night
So tonight, so many times
Again tonight, breathe a sigh
Let tonight bring an end to days like that
So tonight, we can rewrite
Yes tonight, everything
Tonight for sure, I知 sure you値l come
And tonight, if we could walk together again
I値l hold your hand tight
and never let go
and once again, restart from tonight
Start from tonight
Yes, tonight

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Boy, it's 2018 and we're still doing this poo poo, huh?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

signalnoise posted:

What I'm loving is that it isn't just Kamurocho in its idea, it's the exact same Kamurocho.

:allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

wait, what is this, is this the new surprising stuff in yakuza 7? combat now gone fully jrpg or just the new clan creator mode? what kind of hell am i looking at here.

What day is it in Japan right now

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Frostylva/status/1138822382737604608

Crossposting from the cosplay thread

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1172323552118226945

oh my god

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

The mini games definitely range in quality, but for sure do the substories. That’s where all the character in the series comes from

:ohno:

I'm not sure if saying that the substories are where all the character is a better or worse take than the usual thing about the comedy being the only draw for the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I got a copy of Judgment from a friend and just finished it right now. Now that I'm done with it and also Y6 recently, I can finally read the drat thread again.

That was amazing. Easily in my top 3 of the series, possibly favorite period. I love all of our glorious dorks in the main 4, and that final fight was 11/10, even if it didn't have shirtless dudes on skyscrapers.

Speaking of the main four, gotta say, coming off of this, it makes too much sense that they're going for an RPG after this. You basically have an RPG party in this to begin with. The hero, the warrior, the thief, and the... I don't know what class to say for Higashi. I'd say Monk cuz Muai Thai but everyone is kinda a monk here so idk. Dark Knight maybe? Anyways, I'm super excited for Y7 coming off of this and I can't wait.

Edit: Also, I did my run with JP audio because that's what I'm used to, but I'm giving the dub a run now since I don't quite want it to end yet, and is it just me or is the audio mixing on this weird? I can't put my finger on it, but it sounds weirdly hollow? Or distant, maybe? Not sure, just seems weird comparing the two though. The voices and performances are good though.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 4, 2020