Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The DREAM MACHINE vending machine gave me a 9mm Automatic Pistol. Last time I used one it gave me a Tangerine.

Also dat 60 fps~ Going back to finish 5 is gonna make me sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I love the sub stories in this one. I just helped some kid get his copy of Dragon Quest 3 that his father stole (??) and lifecoached a yankee band on how to be super huge posers. I only have like 4 hours logged but it is already my favorite Yakuza. It has social links. Social Links!

Someone needs to capture the dramatic zoom it does.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Essence of Face Twisting must do permanent neck damage.
Majima's choking move is just, you... you just snap their neck.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I want a Kiryu Everywhere system where he gives you random advice.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ledgy posted:

Finished Yakuza 3. well that was a bit underwhelming. since kiryu's still alive and well i'm assuming that knife was made out of rubber
edit: well the game didn't let that thing hang for too long

Barely 10% completion rating, what the gently caress
I loved how pretty much pointless that was :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Where's the best place to get Yellow in Kiwami 2? I'm mostly choked up by yellow at the moment.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

wait, isn't that where the takoyaki place usually is? they turned it into some ice cream dairy death dump in the future? that's some loving bullshit, man.

also love how you can recognize street locations like your own actual home town. yakuza is the best.
And in 6 there is nothing there at all :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think Y6 needs more daddy issues in it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Policenaut posted:

It's awful, and keep in mind that they actually IMPROVED the precision aiming for the Western release.
Somehow the same team made Binary Domain :iiam:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Kiryu has never killed anyone.
Rubber hokuto rising thunder kicks

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Dead Souls should be Kiwami'd into the trash
The only thing I remember about Dead Souls is the characters and the lovely controls.
If the lovely controls got fixed would it be decent?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Whoa what, that's the mini-golf submission everyone is complaining about?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Akiyama's in 4/5 are great.
Tanimura's was rad too :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Will you get to suplex a judge?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My least favorite series boss is actually that dance instructor from 5 who isn't much of a threat but just keeps spamming a low damage takedown move on you. So loving annoying. At least he has a completely unique moveset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvMdcZSnrk
Looks like they reused that for the Breaker style in 0.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Japanese celeb gossip isn't exactly an interest of mine so I had to look up what happened behind the scenes and drat, Tanimura's actor got the short end of the stick there.
My quick Google said he maybed drugs and like... that's all :shrug:
The Japanese entertainment industry is weird.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm not sure why Jagi even thought he had the slightest chance of becoming the successor. Toki was a one in a million prodigy who could beat him even while dying of radiation poisoning and Raoh was a loving monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY&t=41s :shuckyes:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I want ishin

Why do they refuse to translate it

:bang:

Same here.
I'll be shocked if they bother to go back to it at this point though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is the lip-syncing synced to English or does it change if you swap it?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
KiryuJoryu just leave Japan. You should of :sever: with Japan 4 (?) games ago.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Get the guy that played Wrex in Mass Effect, he's pretty growly.
It's a start at least.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Going from Ishin to the start of No Name in one day, sweet merciful Christmas this new game runs like a goddamn dream
Yeah Ishin's older engine feels so clunky.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Ishin used Unreal 4 (and was a test run to establish an Unreal pipeline/experience at the studio, they're worrying about Dragon Engine's age)

Gaiden uses Dragon Engine
It might be Unreal but it still handles like the old engines. Nearly every door being a loading screen, the street<->battle transition.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Poor Rikiya. Instantly forgotten.

If 5 had less bloat I'd rank it over 4 but it just keeeeps going. The plot is just as dumb but it takes even longer. I did like the cocaine cop's fighting style in 4, that was fun though.
The comments of 6 having a silly needlessly twisty story, that's pretty much all of the games outside of 1 and 2 :v: I view the stories of these games through a lens of 'manly' day-time soap opera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOxutBMCOUc

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a beat-em-up where you play ichiban would necessarily ditch most of his friends. outside of ichiban's reality distorting dragon quest vision, i kind of doubt the retired traffic cop, homeless nurse, office worker, or bartender are really that good at fighting.
Could a Waffle House exist in 8? You could get a pretty powerful person there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

ok having played the Infinite Wealth demo that is definitely Andre Richardson

did anyone actually die in Yakuza 3
Rikiya?
I don't remember Kiryu even remembering he existed in other games.