Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Passport to Pizza is a good side story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Chexoid posted:

Since Kiryu and Majima never really meet in this game, do we know if there are still any rad team up heat actions and stuff?

I just remembered that part in 5 where Shinada and the Ace Pitcher he hit the homerun off of team up to beat up like a hundred dudes, and how hard it ruled.

Remember who used to be Kiryu's good time buddy?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Man, 1988 Japan must have been a poo poo place to live if you weren't a land shark.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Did we talk about how SEGA is apparently going to reprint more copies of OG Yakuza 1,2,3 and 4? Because that seems kind of wild!

Grab it here on Amazon even!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 14, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Skeezy posted:

I'm so glad Yakuza seems to be picking up in the west more. Hoping Kiwami continues to do justice for the series here.

It's so good and so many people should play it.

precision posted:

I already paid full price for 4 twice (physical then digital), I really wish they'd put 3 up as a digital copy or on PS Now. Seems like a no-brainer right now.

I'd rather they just Kiwami the whole past 1-5 games into one updated collection. Make loading it up have a special little transition from Kiryu sitting down like he's going to watch a movie.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Skeezy posted:

I've always wanted a sick set that's kinda like a Criterion Collection of Yakuza 0-6.

I wouldn't even mind if they only just Kiwami/HDize 2 and set the rest in both phsycial and digital versions. I want a Yakuza Papers Collection.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Dial 1- 866 - Yakuza6 and kick them manly thoughts. Yakuza's back.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Guys, please help. I can't handle all of this Yakuza.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I gave 2 and Fist of the North Yakuza 4s and the F2P trash a 3. I have a horrible feeling the F2P is the devil's bargain of Yakuza anything on PC if its even minorly succeeded, so I'm willing to tolerate its existence if it lets Kiwami and 0 migrate to steam one day. Ain't touching it myself, but it'd probably be better than most other F2P garbage that likely won't last too long because it isn't Overwatch or whatever is the current king of online crap.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

Oh, I didn't actually care, I just wanted to make a dumb joke

I mean I read it and this guy sounds exactly like they recreated Kiryu, just that he was having his 0 moment back in the early 2000s. Until I have positive confirmation that this won't involve loot crates and other freemium nickel and diming, its a valid joke or legit position to make because Yakuza should be better than that. But I do want Kiwami and Fist of the Yakuza Star on PC too and that might involve Yakuza MMO doing okay.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestonJew posted:

I was pointing out the fact you didn't vote Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Kiryu a 5 you loving monster

Y'all ain't getting no five if you don't give me that US release date.

Two can play this game SEGA. Now I have money right here, that I'm willing to spend if you be clear to me now and give me a place or site to shove it in ASAP. But when you're being coy, now, when Kiwami and 6 already are here or have dates? Well, poo poo, I don't know. I mean, I'd be really cool to own this but, I just don't know if and when I can do that, now do I?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 28, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm just goofing off in yak 0, finally having time punch people in the late 80s so I have the ability to play Kiwami, when I - I fished out Jaws with a beginner pole? Does this get any bigger than this or did I just game the system with starter poo poo?!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I hope there's a spin off in the 1970s with Fei Hu, his music when you learned bat style was dope as hell.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I FOUND IT, FIST OF THE YAKUZA'S VERSION OF RECIEVE YOU!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30cf_KJbII

Check out the first look of Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise's English version here! They even localized the funny deal where you can grab the words the enemies shout and use them as weapons!

Oh no...

You - I'm not sure how I feel about them trying an English Localization, particularly when Kiryu is voicing Kenshiro. Its been too long to try to do over or mulligan how badly people reacted to the original localized Yakuza, but it is and isn't the same Yakuza.

...Have they released who is voicing who in the English dub? Is there any hope that its a nod to any of the Fist of the North Star dubs or at least a Jotaro as Ken?

EDIT: My eyes must have rolled over the dual localization. Still curious about the English cast and excited and perplexed that they're trying that again with Yakuza. Also the fact that they're doing all of this and making an off Yakuza game have dubs and subs has me very nervous about how bold SEGA is getting. I hope this game is worthy enough to give them some success, because I don't want them to doubt the franchise again after betting this much and expecting a billion copies sold.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 15, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Kiryu is a man addicted to sadness. He cannot help being alone and upset.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
God help you if Maijima starts saying Yee-haw and he stands on his hands.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
With the way you tail people and infiltrate buildings to investigate in the Lawyer game, it makes me wonder if team Yakuza is gonna pull off a miracle and make a Yakuza Gear Solid.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Japanese Youtuber translating the Judge Eyes demo into English as best he can. Jesus gently caress, it is insane that that the Yakuza devs basically made this game in secret and are releasing it 3 months from now. Its reused assets, but poo poo, this looks like actual polish and feeling went into them. Probably while they were also working on Kiwamis and Fist of the North Star!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You think they'll Kiwami side games like Ishin or OF THE END?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Sakurazuka posted:

Not really, it has its moments (anything Majima) but it's insanely repetitive and poorly designed.

Completely redesign the gun play with a team up between Yakuza team and PlatinumGames. Effectively making it Vanquish 2.

Really I just wanna localized Ishin if anything else.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Or they went the route of Dead Rising and let you craft zombie Apocalypse versions of Kiryu's regular arsenal along with gunplay. The Zombie sections of 0 and Kiwami 1 proved that it could work if fleshed out more.

My hate for Dead Souls dissipated when granter of dreams revived the Yakuza franchise for the west, so I'm willing to give their weird experiments or side stuff more shots so long as they keep making Yakuza style games. A bad game with effort can be charming.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

eating only apples posted:

I thought the plot of Dead Souls was amazing. It had Chiaki Kuriyama, brought back Ryuji, had great karoke and was the only time we could ever possibly play as Majima.

Well. So we thought at the time.

The remake of Dead Souls should have Majima have a 24 hour Cinderella concert in the middle of a zombie horde and kill them as he sings to save a moving refugee convoy as a big flashy distraction.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

eating only apples posted:

No. No I disagree.

It should be Get To The Top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

It brings me endless joy to think of Majima's poor VA doing that and 24Hr Cinderella, and it's tragic that he doesn't have more Mad Dog songs

Look, as long as his backup dancers are Kiryu, Ryouma, Tiga, an undead and good Nikishi, time displaced Hiroki Awano, Daisaku Kuze and past incarnations of Majima, Kiryu and Nishki all firing guns and smashing heads with heat actions; where good button presses between the Karaoke Battle results in more sonic booms that pop zombos or missiles firing indiscriminately into the city to blow up the hordes, I'm good with any song they make Majima sing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Talking with one Japanese Yakuza fan, he doesn't seem thrilled with Yakuza Online either. So I guess Judge Eyes and the like are them going "Wait, we're still making games!".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
One week from now Lost Paradise will be mine. God I hate waiting.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
How weird is Lost Paradise? Like do they just go straight laced Fist of the North Star or does dancing naked guy show up as a bandit?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Taintrunner posted:

Kiryu ripping off his shirt every time he goes into rage mode is just a special touch.

This is anime inspired by the Schwarzenegger era. Kenshiro is contractually obligated to bust out of all jean vests he wears.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so how many qtes are there per average trash fight?

QTEs only happen if you want to actually bust out a Hokuto Shinken or a bossfight triggers a mid/end finisher.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
As justified as Jagre's reaction to a guy that can make people explode with a finger touch, he really should be glad Ken is nice enough to not just slap him and make him explode for all the empty threats he keeps giving.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Okay if there's one thing I don't like about Lost Paradise is that they'll give you treasure maps when you can't leave Eden. That's a dick move game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I feel bad for the Non-Violent Neighborhood Watch.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Activities, sidequests and different kind of bandit shakedowns unlock as time goes on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Who ever thought up the quicktime events for the bar segments, please, gently caress yourself. That ice picking poo poo is hell on the thumbs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
But man are the substores for the bar probably the best, "You're pretty much a virgin, aren't you Jigre". Just, wow.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
BARTENDER. BATTLE.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Where the gently caress is that drat Arcade guy? I got his stupid first machine and he isn't anywhere in his shop no matter what time it is.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Okay, Lost Paradise writers? We need to have a conversation about Lin. A serious, in-depth conversation about how -- disconcerting some of her inner thoughts are.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Omobono posted:

Do I want to ask?

Most of the banter she has with the shopkeep, Bat and Ken is decent and alright until the end of I think her first quest. "I could watch that rear end walk away forever" when she's watching Ken leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Neo Rasa posted:

I mean, it's Kenshiro, plus what Omobono said.

Its just iffy that a tiny girl's saying that. There could have been less gross ways of saying that.

Steve Yun posted:

What rear end? Kenshiro doesn’t even have a butt! It’s even flatter than Super Smash Bros Solid Snake

You have to really look, but its there. Smaller than even his lower abdominal and practically microscopic next to his gigantic legs.