Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hortism posted:

I remember being blown away by the graphical improvements when loading up Yakuza 3 on the PS3 for the first time all those year ago.

Having not followed to much media, here's hoping 0's is similarly impressive!

It had a PS3 release as well, so set your expectations accordingly.

Not lying when I say I literally bought a PS4 for this. And now we're getting TWO more of these games, hot drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Where are the locker keys???

I may just need to progress further, it won't let me go in a lot of the buildings yet, either.

man nurse fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 24, 2017

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Night Blade posted:

The combination of Pat from two best friends shilling this, and seeing a clip of Maejima breakdance fighting caused me to cave and get this.

Sure hope I don't hate it.

I'll be surprised if you regret the decision.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So are there just not any hostess clubs in this one?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize this game featured Sotenbori from Yakuza 2!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Crappy Jack posted:

Which is also featured in Yakuza 5, funny enough.

Haha, I had forgotten about that. I don't remember much about 5 to be honest, I found it to be one of the weakest entries, unfortunately.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh man, playing as Majima is everything I hoped it would be. Game owns.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shooreh Pippi, Shooreh Pippi :tinfoil:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Man, I'm just in disbelief that we went from never seeing Yakuza 3 in the west to this. I'm also thrilled to see all the new players hopping on board here. Game owns, series owns, Sony owns.

It's been such a ride being a Yakuza fan. I'm elated more and more each time than the last whenever we get the next major entries brought overseas, against all odds. Been with it since the beginning. It really feels like an accomplishment that we've supported the series well enough to get to this point. I hope more people continue to discover these games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just got to chapter 5. This game is so badass I can barely stand it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

TheLoser posted:

If I were crazy enough to get an import copy of Kenzan or Ishin, which would people recommend first?

Probably Kenzan, it came first and I've heard not so great talk of Ishin.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's Slot Cars

I keep investing in properties and collecting payouts thinking "Okay, next round I'll have enough to acquire that expensive pachinko parlor" but then suddenly more slot car parts go on sale :shepspends:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm having a hard time getting my completion to 50%, I'm hovering at like 48. So tantalizingly close.

And before anyone asks, yes I did all the slot car stuff.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So where do you play fantasy zone? I can only find space harrier and outrun.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jimbot posted:

Does the cabaret ever get to the point where it makes as much as the real estate?

No but you can transfer a ton of kiryu's money.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

RandallODim posted:

6 is just Kiryu.

That's actually fucken awesome after several games of multiple protags, especially if it's the end of Kiryu's story like they've been saying.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So how do you increase your friendship with the arcade lady? Do I just keep playing space harrier?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

http://yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/

Sega USA wants your opinion on the new games!

It is your duty as a fan of this series to rate all this poo poo 5 and click submit.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm having trouble getting Majima to show up anymore. I got a text saying he's at Shine, but whenever I go there it just gives me Rina. What do?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So I'm at SSS Rank on Majima, but he keeps popping up and everytime I beat him the meter doesn't go up anymore. How do I trigger the final showdown with him or whatever? Do I have to do all of Komaki's training? Cus uh, I probably won't.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I don't think you have to do all the Komaki stuff, but I'm pretty sure that the fight doesn't show up till near the end of the game. You'll get another phone call letting you know when it's time.

Nah, I'm in Premium Adventure and I've fought him tons of times, no phone call or text.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

5 was kind of an over-ambitious mess imo and the Haruka stuff sucked.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hell, I was gonna hold off on the demo, but I need to play Virtua Fighter 5 again.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Blessed Sony offerings

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I was incredulous at being able to knock stuff over while walking around in the Yakuza 6 demo. Truly, this is next gen Yakuza.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It was a thread about Yakuza 2 on these very forums that got me to try the series. I picked both games up that day, and while Yakuza 1 was good, Yakuza 2 blew me the hell away and I ended up praising it to anyone who would listen. I've been with the series ever since. Each and every new localization we get is exciting and uplifting; it feels like we're collectively and continuously winning a hard fought battle to show this series love in the west. That we've gotten almost all of them released here so far is nothing short of a triumph, and I'm glad to have been part of the journey, not to mention glad to have been introduced to such an amazing series of games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just preordered Yakuza 6 drinking glasses edition crew :cheers:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

mikeycp posted:

y'all assuming the glasses will come intact.

i've been calling it the "box of broken glass edition" for months now

I'm uh, sure they're packaged adequately.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah the health regen on bosses is lovely until you figure out it’s basically just an excuse to let you use a flashy heat move.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to do a god drat backflip.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Copper For Lyfe posted:

A little off topic, but I backed the shenmue 3 kickstarter ages ago with the physical pc copy as my choice, but with this announcement I'm wondering if i should just get all 3 on ps4. Does anyone know if you can change your kickstarter reward?

Accept your kickstarter version and then also buy it on something else, imo. Support Yu Suzuki's vision.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sweet, nice job. Anyone feel like getting a Shenmue thread going to discuss the upcoming remasters and any news about 3? Maybe it’s too soon for that though.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Saoshyant posted:

Sega put out a survey to gauge the reactions for Yakuza 6. Here's the thing, though: they also put a question asking if people would be willing to buy the Fist of North Star game. If you are, then you should answer the survey ASAP if you want to give its possible localization a chance.

Done, done, and done.

Everyone should take this, if not just to encourage more Yakuza in the west.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Spreading the word that Kiwami is on sale on PSN right now, AND there's a really good Playstation Humble Bundle on right now that comes with a 50% off code for Yakuza 0!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Great Metal Jesus posted:

Hey Yakuza thread. I want to get into the series but am not totally sure where to start. I was going to start with 0 and then move onto Kiwami but currently Kiwami is on sale and 0 is not. Should I jump in with Kiwami and then move backwards or should I just bite the bullet and start at 0?

There's a PS4 humble bundle that comes with 50% off Yakuza 0. I suggest buying both while you can get em on sale and then start with 0.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Kiwami has some frustrating design decisions but it's still good overall. Just make sure you get the extreme heat mode moves for each style that allow you to keep bosses from healing themselves.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The OG Yakuza was good on its own merits, but I envy those who get to go in fresh from 0 to Kiwami.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh my gosh they kept I peacocked your Mom in Yakuza Kiwami 2 :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/ColdmanHot/status/1022596589020426241

Also I changed the OP to a more minimal megathread series oriented thing and sent in the name change/thread tag change request.

Great work on the OP. Warms my heart to see how well this series is finally taking off in the US after long years of clamoring for any localization we could get. It's been a fun ride and I'm excited for newcomers to the series to discover what makes it so great!