Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

cubicle gangster posted:

Ok so I just had my first board meeting in like a dragon, and I haven't got a loving clue how you're supposed to play that. I thought I did, but everything I did resulted in my rating going down and I got utterly eviscerated. Are you supposed to lose the first one that badly or do I just not get it at all?

I thought if someone had a question, and they had a little building or money sign, I would match them with a person on my team who had the same sign? But then I need to refute them 3 times and I can't use the same employee twice so I have to rotate between them?
For 8 pages of instructions about how the rules of that mini game work, I feel like they forgot to explain how to actually play it.

- Create a team of three people with different colors and low command cost + an employee with high charisma. The low cost team is there to break shields while the high charisma employee is there to finish off shareholders.
- This bar at the bottom is your command cost gauge and it fills up faster/slower depending on the mood of your team. Be sure to give them some care bonuses to make them happy right before starting the shareholder meeting:

- When you pick a shareholder to answer their question, look at the bottom-left of their speech bubble. If you scroll between your crew, you'll see a handy text saying 'WEAK' to indicate that they can easily break a shareholder's shields:

- Once you break their shields, you'll see COUNTER CHANCE pop up. Pay attention to what color the small pip is at the bottom of it. If you use that color, you'll increase your damage multiplier. A good strat is to increase the damage multiplier to 1.5 or so, and then switch to your high charisma unit for big damage:

- If you look to your bottom-right, you'll see this orb slowly filling up as the meeting goes on/if you pick a shareholder to debate with before their gauge fills up. This is your special meter, and they do things like damage shareholders, restore your command cost gauge and even stun shareholders for a while. LV 2 super is what you'd usually use, but the LV 3 super has to be seen:

- In order to increase your command cost gauge for meetings, you'll need to promote your team. While their wages would increase, a team of 4 directors gives you 100 on the gauge.
- Promoting also does another thing: It unlocks an employee's level cap, so you can train them to even higher levels. Doing so has the benefit of increasing their stats, such as charisma. For example, Omelette at LV30 deals decent damage for only 5 command cost.
- If you have the cash (from gambling or selling Platinum Plates), consider going to the vocational school and finishing ten quizzes. You'll unlock a substory outside the school, and the reward is an employee who has high charisma for only 5 command cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Vikar Jerome posted:

:stare: i still dont understand it but i then again i thought cabaret club was hard then i maxed it out, so i guess ill just keep trying. the management section is weird too, i've only done 2 so far but i cant see how im gonna get to 100 by 5. i dont wanna disappoint GOAT nick. :negative:

I get not wanting to disappoint Nick. Thankfully, winning a shareholder meeting boosts your ranking up by a considerable amount. Not to mention that the deadline isn't at '1 business period left' but rather at '0 business period left.' So long as you win the rest of the shareholder meetings, you'll be good to go. Just to be safe, be sure to save before doing it. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Batman Arkham games are great and I was able to snag all of them for like 20 bucks total during the spring sale in the PS store. looking forward to replaying those later.

What's a good job for Adachi? I have the others as Host, Idol, and Musician and those have been good fits so far but I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out the best role for Adachi. Thinking of just grinding through the business management game to replace him with Eri.

Breaker, because the image of Adachi complaining about how his back is sore all the time and then forcing him to breakdance will never not be funny.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Some thoughts on the business management mini-game:

1. Oh wow so I can just get 3 million yen now whenever I want? Really takes away what little motivation I had to do that annoying "find the kappa" hero quest for 2 million.

2. I ended up really liking Ikari, both as a character and as an employee who makes me a BUNCH of money. Apparently the lady he has a crush on at the vocational school is a romance option, but I'm going to avoid romancing her because I can't do that to one of my friends and more importantly top earners.

3. There's a prostitute you can hire if you give her a stuffed animal and her stats are terrible,but her character description talks about how she still lives with her parents but they refuse to speak to her so she spends all of her time talking to her stuffed animal friends and that was so sad I couldn't bare firing her. So now she just remains on my payroll forever despite doing nothing.

4. On a whim I bought the DLC character pack and one of the characters you get access to is Seong-hui and she is a beast. If you have her, fellow beast Goro, Nick, and Ikari on your board then every shareholder meeting becomes a breeze.

The one downside to maxing out the business minigame so early is that the really fun employees are only available to recruit in later substories so you probably already have a team you're attached to. Doing a shareholder meeting with a small child, a chimp, a giant roomba and Kraven the Hunter will never not be funny to me.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mordiceius posted:

Yong Yea seems like a bit of a baby about criticism.

I get that people don't like Kiryu's English VA and that they're apparently a dipshit, but tweets like that one suck. This person throwing around terms like "new age folk", and how they're build different, or whatever the hell "yellow chair" means is a huge red flag to me. It reads less like why can't this VA handle criticism, and more like why can't this millennial/gen z take their online harassment like everyone else.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shiftypenguin posted:

Except Kiryu and Date. Date's English VO in 7 was a pretty cheesy Cary Grant impression.

Date in English is voiced by Bill Farmer, who's doing a slightly subdued version of his voice from Sam & Max. It's the perfect voice for a hardboiled detective like Date.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

To be fair, Kume getting arrested offscreen and everyone forgetting about him is probably the worst punishment you can give to that guy. And something did come out of the political back half of 7, the Daidoji were supporting Aoki's party in 7, and him dying screwed them over and made them lose a lot of clout by the time 8 happens.

Last Celebration posted:

Chapter 13: it is a very odd decision to have the fanatic cult members out in full swing, reveal that it’s probably because Lani’s still in Honolulu, and then give me Joongi Han, like I’m not gonna run across the entire map for the conversations and into every applicable restaurant for the party chats. I guess I’m glad they put him in at all though!

Also the scooter is very unintentionally funny for ruining tension since you can zoom past like 90% of the cult encounters.

I do feel like you can solve the tension in that situation about why Bryce hasn't ordered Dwight to kill Lani the second they captured her by having Lani hide the real sage's necklace. Bryce can't risk the necklace surfacing again so he plans to force the information out of her. Then it turns out Lani entrusted the necklace to Ichiban so that the two actually get some time to interact.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Imagine you can make RGG make one yakuza style game (brawler or turn based style) in any other game property you’d like. What do you pick?

A Knuckles Chaotix game. Have Vector the Crocodile run around the city beating up Eggman's robots, solving cases for clients, listening to cool music and riding around on a skateboard.

So basically replace Yagami with Vector.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Columbo as a RGG turn based RPG

I kind of want to see RGG do a Sam & Max game. They already got Bill Farmer as Date and he can voice Sam again. Give Max a knife and he can be like Majima and wreck some fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Weird Pumpkin posted:

It's funny because a lot of times sequels will have a sorta like.. "catch you up on what happened in the previous game" segment and man yakuza 8 did not really have that

Technically the stories are pretty separate I supposed, but man the intro would be weird if you'd never played 7

Did you skip on the option for Ichiban to reflect on the things that happened while he was praying to Arakawa and Masato at the very start of the game? Because he totally summarizes the events of 7 there.