Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
While making my way through a Lost Judgment School Story that requires constantly getting drunk, I've discovered the following tips for skateboarding under the influence:

- Weaving back and forth helps a little with staying on the board. Waggling the camera might also help, but the amount seems negligible, especially compared to just leaning into the cliche and "skating like you're drunk". The only issue with this is it can throw you off the board if (what seems like) the "drunk AI" and your manual input are both mashing in the same direction at once. Also, this is harder to do on the narrower roads, so you may want to plan your route accordingly.
- Possibly more importantly, always be jumping. You can't fall off the board in mid-air, and even better, if you time your jumps right, you'll go straight forward in the desired direction, speeding up the waggly process a bit while preventing a tumble. An added bonus is being able to hop over anyone in your way, which works much better than just trying to waggle past them. Honestly, no matter how drunk you are, jumping goes a long way, especially in Kamurocho. (Also going as slow as possible helps in Kamurocho, but I digress.)

The one downside of using any or all of the above information is that you are guaranteed to lose the game, as Winners Don't Drink & Shred.

im saint germain fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if anybody else encountered this, but I was struggling so much with Pool in Yakuza 5 beyond anything I'd experienced in any of the remasters that I looked it up to see if it was a common problem, and apparently there was something weird going on with the remasters x/y axis causing constant drift on any hit. I switched to the mouse and zapped through everything but Puzzle Pool Stage 4 relatively quickly.

Anyway, just letting you know that's why I probably have to go to jail now, since real Yakuza use gamepads :smith:

Ah, nah, that sort of dishonor doesn't require jailtime.

Let's see the pinky

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Shinjobi posted:

let Kaito play in the space you ding dongs. Give the people what they want.

It is imperative that you not forget to check out all of the detective agency jobs posted on the job boards, even as you continue to progress beyond where you are now

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

I like to think of Kiryu as being the Picard type of sexless paragon, with his foray into the chatroom scene being akin to Picard setting up the DTF statue on Sex Planet because Riker tricked him into it

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

bobjr posted:

Kiryu makes dumb decisions way more often than he makes smart ones

If every substory is canon, then Kiryu has made an unexplainably high number of bad decisions, to the point that it's almost a wonder that he accomplishes anything sometimes

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

I didn't expect any changes to the Chase mechanics for Kaito - those definitely made me lol, minor as they may be

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Lotus Aura posted:

Big fan of random discarded syringes

If you folks think regular-fighting teens in LJ was gruesome, you should see what it looked like in beta when all the old Yakuza weapon Heat Actions were still enabled lol

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

It's one of the rare foods that tops fresh pizza in the "tastes so good, you don't mind losing a couple layers of the roof of your mouth to it" category. It's delicious but you can absolutely gently caress your poo poo if you're not built for it (or patient enough)

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

cum jabbar posted:

That looks like a Kiryu impersonator

it names a couple people from the shooter so I guess it's more "wear their suit and hairstyle" than it is "play as the characters in full"

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Oh good, the author of Awkward Zombie started playing the series

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

They did a Yakuza comic already ages back

Really? When I clicked the game label on the AZ site to see if there were more Yakuza comics, there weren't any. Maybe they're lumped by individual entry and not franchise?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

That dog did a flip. This game's even better than I thought

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Lareine posted:

Aw naw... there are a SHITLOAD of guys at this Shinsengumi meeting... AND THEY ALL HAVE NAMES. How the gently caress am I supposed to remember them all?

There's a conspiracy-theory-style flowchart in one of the pause menu options that adds people as they show up and updates as the plot develops

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

I haven't gotten them myself yet, but I think you tap the same direction on the D-Pad as your current fighting style?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Sakamoto was a fool who should've discarded his Charismatic Photo so he would've only had to suffer 2 different groups of men attacking him en route to the singing bar

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

His hair goes white because he kills a guy, like Leland Palmer. He just does it off-screen

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Grand Fromage posted:

I was walking around Onomichi today IRL and found this lying around:

Please advise.

If that was by the takoyaki stand like I'm remembering it, then you should either leave that there for, or mail it to, a burgeoning J-Pop star, as the equipment that key unlocks is really only any good for her.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Is it called the Eon Tower?

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Instant Grat posted:

digital storefront sales are just like that sometimes. more than once i've saved money by buying a bundle on steam where i had every item except one, but i'd still get a discount for buying the bundle over the item on its own.

also in that case, the digital deluxe edition is on a separate sale (which is now over) to the kaito expansion

I think it's so people who already purchased items from a bundle can benefit from its existence, rather than the bundle only being of value to people who own 0% of its contents.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

A protagonist waking up naked on a beach is the Greek chorus for the modern era. Hooks the poo poo out of an audience

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

half the liumang is korean now anyway. you need some sort of common language

how about brotherhood? let's stop the violence

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Ytlaya posted:

Majima stabs Kiryu with his tanto - a betrayal!

But wait! He pulls it out and reveals he has cut out Kiryu's tumor.

and then you get a boss fight against the tumor

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Shyrka posted:

When will these fuckers ever not be dumb around guns? How many people have to die because a 'defeated' enemy has access to a gun that he can shoot at the player character only for someone else to take the bullet?

When you get shot, you don't know if you're in a cutscene or in gameplay until it's too late

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

They would make Ryuji Goda into Lu Bu and we would eat it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

You go to the restaurants so you can throw mooks through the storefront windows and get yelled at