Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
This is my first Yakuza game, and so far so good. I'm a little sad to find out I have to manual save because that means I just lost 1hr of gameplay but at least I get to do the charity work of beating the piss out of drunkards again. I even poked around a bit to see if there was a save menu, maybe I'm blind. Are there save points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Telephone boxes are save points.

Yeah. It's that behind the times. No one ever accused the Yakuza series of keeping on top of the latest gameplay trends. They finally implemented an auto save system, which has been standard in all other open world games for like ten years, as of last year.

God damnit, that was the next task I was given in the game.

lets hang out posted:

do you guys not just use rest mode

I do but m'lady was going to be playing Dragonquest builders all day today so I exited out.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I want to like the Rush fighting style but not being able to grab people and do rad finishers unless they've fallen kinda sucks. Can you do them while they're stunned? Beast you at least get the awesome suplex.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Just got to the Cabaret Club management portion of the game (so much better than real estate). I'm still confused by the rating they give stats based on PS controller buttons, X = bad? Triangle = Best or is Square?