Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Never played one of these, but thinking I'll play Infinite Wealth soon. How does it run on the Steam Deck? I'd be deciding between PC+Deck or PS5. I've heard there are lots of cutscenes, plus it's long so being on the couch with PS5 sounds good, but also it's length might lend itself to being flexible with PC+Deck so I'm not taking over the TV or stuck in my office.

I'll have to watch some primer videos on the story I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I asked a few pages ago about playing Infinite Wealth without having played any of the others and got a response to play 0 and another to play 7. I see Gaiden also recommended on reddit. I've never had interest in these since I don't play any JRPGs, but I like the Besties podcast and they think 8 will definitely be in their GOTY discussion despite none of them previously being big Yakuza fans.

I have Game Pass so I could play 0, 7, or Gaiden easily so would the beginning of one of those be the closest representation to start with to see if I would even like 8? I suppose if I like that I would know if I would like 8, and it would be easier to convince myself to play whichever of those 3 are needed first.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I started with 7 because the trailers for 8 made me really want to play 8 and I don't have a ton of time to get into the whole series.

If you start with 7 and go straight to 8 you will miss out on a ton of backstory with one of the characters which I guess you can catch up on later or watch a youtube video.

Do not go straight into 8.

As for 8 I'm about 55 hours in and I kind of feel like I've spent most of my time playing Pokemon and Animal Crossing. My major complaint so far is having to mash to get sujimon.

Did you play any others after 7 and before 8 then or are you saying you are disappointed that you're missing a lot of Kiryu?

And yeah I don't have a ton of time. Playing 7 and then 8 looks like it would be almost 100 hours when just the main story meaning it would probably take me like 4 months.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
70 + 100, that's a lot of game...

I played FF7 remake and I think that's the only JRPG I've ever played. I play other RPGs though.