Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean im just gonna stop paying federal income tax

trump doesn't why should i

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
there's prolly a german word for it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
trump is charlie's uncle from it's always sunny but with tons of money and power

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-02-02/neil-gorsuch-founded-fascism-forever-club-report-says

quote:

Gorsuch both created and headed the "Fascism Forever Club" at Georgetown Preparatory School, which he graduated from in 1985, The Daily Mail reports. The school is a selective all-boys Jesuit prep school, and now reportedly costs day students $30,000 annually and boarding students $50,000.

"In political circles, our tireless President Gorsuch's 'Fascism Forever Club' happily jerked its knees against the increasingly 'left-wing' tendencies of the faculty," a Georgetown Prep high school yearbook states, according to The Daily Mail.

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

When was the last Republican president who *wasn't* called Hitler? That's the problem with the slippery slope of literally hitlerism, another Republican president will pop up, and since folks have been calling Republicans "Hitler" for so long, it loses its impact. Now we've got literally Hitler in the White House, and all the Hitler comparisons have been watered down by the idiots on the left over the past two decades. We need another comparison, a Hitler 2.0, if you will.

Yeah it's kind of dumb how quick everyone is to shout 'fascist.' I don't think Trump is a fascist so much as he is just a dickhead being given poo poo advice by some racists.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Yea but that is literally fascism.

Eh there's a lot more to fascism than just that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

It's very frustrating that Trump's got such thin skin that he'll lash out at the pettiest thing, while the fact that he's going to go down in history as the worst president will be met with him shrugging and blaming various people and events.

It's not fair that he get's to suffer from a personality disorder that prevents him from actually being humiliated.

Idk according to leaks from his aides (prolly should take em with a grain of salt though) he's raging behind closed doors when the media calls him out on something or whatever.

which is lol a f

Attitude Indicator posted:

Lolling so hard now. Former norwegian prime minister Bondevik got detained at Dulles airport because he had an iranian stamp in his passport.

l m a o

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The House also voted Thursday to strike down the Labor Department’s blacklisting rule, which requires federal contractors to report labor violations.

On Wednesday, the House voted to strike down the Interior Department’s stream protection rule and the Securities and Exchange Commission’s disclosure requirements for oil and gas companies through the Congressional Review Act.

The House is also expected Friday to strike down the Interior Department’s methane emissions standards.

lmao

can't stop won't stop

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah they'll want it.

lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hang on wait a moment - Pence c'mere put your hands over mine. No no a little to th- YEAH!

Alright take the photo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

My understanding was most guys working in tech on these visas are being paid much less because of these visas. My understanding of it is admittedly shallow and if there's more going on, well, there goes the one positive thing I'd be able to say about this administration. Not really the thread for this kind of poo poo though, so let's just lol.

Well, it does benefit the rich Americans who own the company. Not so much the Americans who have lost their jobs and have to train their replacements but hey.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe he'll do like that other guy and make a giant gold rotating statue of himself that always turns to face the sun

that would be pretty dope

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yemen fired a missile at the Saudis and I'm just lollin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lollin about this too

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-steve-bannon-nsc-national-security-council-order-a7565191.html

quote:

Donald Trump 'didn't realise he was promoting Steve Bannon to National Security Council when he signed order'

Mr Trump has asserted on social media that 'he is the real boss'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the lols just keep coming idk if i can handle another 4 years

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
by the end DJT's twitter is just gonna be IM NOT OWNED IM NOT OWNED IM NOT OWNED YOUR OWNED

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a new study bible! posted:

gonna lol tomorrow as public education dies a (hopefully) quick death

ahahahahahaha i forgot about that poo poo

\/\/\/\/ ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They only need 1 more GOP senator to vote no and she's done at least.

But yeah that online school poo poo is such a scam and I'm lolling so hard at the concept of a Sec Ed who is well, her

quote:

"Our desire is to confront the culture in ways that will continue to advance God's kingdom."

ahahahahahaha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol look at how wildly optimistic I am "well, only ONE MORE gop senator needs to vote nay to stop this travesty"

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

and he gave bannon power without even reading the EO and then i dont.

ahahahahahahaha

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/us/politics/betsy-devos-education-secretary-confirmed.html

quote:

Betsy DeVos Confirmed as Education Secretary; Pence Breaks Tie

ahahahahahahahahahaha oh poo poo i'm glad i don't have kids lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

America is gonna be feral in two generations lol

I watch the Russia dash cam vids of madness happening and it is funny both because it is madness but also that's our future and we're rapidly hurtling toward it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bring back Teddy Roosevelt

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics posted:

Also, lol at the national parks becoming wastelands and strip mines soon.

Emboldened by Trump’s confrontational relationship with the EPA and the Department of the Interior, Congress considers easing rules on drilling in national parks.

http://www.theinertia.com/environment/congress-considers-drilling-for-oil-in-a-national-park-near-you/#modal-close

lol DRILL BABY DRILLLLLLL

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kinda but that's why you got Pence in there.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

no NO i couldn't believe it but it's real apparently

http://blog.acton.org/archives/89837-bring-back-child-labor-work-is-a-gift-our-kids-can-handle.html

ahAHAHAHAHAHAHA stop STOP i can't

quote:

DATE: Given the recent attention drawn to this post, permit me to clarify that I do NOT endorse replacing education with paid labor, nor do I support sending our children back into the coal mines or other high-risk jobs, nor do I support getting rid of mandatory education at elementary and middle-school ages. Due to the confusion it brought, I have removed “bring back child labor” from the title, as many falsely took it to mean a call to “bring back” earlier laws, conditions, or jobs, which is not my argument. My recommendation here is simply that we challenge our cultural assumptions about labor at all levels, from parenting to education to policymaking, and ensure we take a more holistic approach to education that recognizes the dignity of each human person.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh poo poo that's good poo poo

quote:

I also think about their inner lives. They are working in the adult world, surrounded by cool bustling things and new technology. They are on the streets, in the factories, in the mines, with adults and with peers, learning and doing. They are being valued for what they do, which is to say being valued as people. They are earning money.

Whatever else you want to say about this, it’s an exciting life. You can talk about the dangers of coal mining or selling newspapers on the street. But let’s not pretend that danger is something that every young teen wants to avoid. If you doubt it, head over the stadium for the middle school football game in your local community, or have a look at the wrestling or gymnastic team’s antics at the gym.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 7, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean i guess the only point of public school anymore is to produce good workers for companies so sure i guess just cut the middleman out

quote:

They are being valued for what they do, which is to say being valued as people. They are earning money.

if you don't earn money you are not valued as a person kids

quote:

In our policy and governing institutions, what if we put power back in the hands of parents and kids, dismantling the range of excessive legal restrictions, minimum wage fixings, and regulations that lead our children to work less and work later?

lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

who wants an effort post osmeone made on what a disaster invading iran would be?

:justpost:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol the middle east is the graveyard of empires

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I was Iranian I'd feel like my gov't is perfectly justified pursuing nuclear bomb stuff considering it seems like the USA is hellbent on invasion and the only thing that will stop them is presumably if you have nukes to defend yourself with.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope he doesn't go for the nukes. I doubt he will but if he does either a nuclear war starts or we're having a military coup.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Lol anyone who has children or is pregnant. lol the end of an american standard

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"You have no value as a human if you are not an employee earning money."

- blog post funded by billionaires

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

McDonalds is going to be a loving degree only job.

Otherwise how do they justify loaning you $60k to pay for a humanities degree???

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
man I can't listen 'cuz I'm at work :*(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Butterfly Valley posted:

For a non American, which way is the Supreme Court likely to go with this? I know what the ideological split is, but will there be at least one conservative judge willing to tell Trump to gently caress off given his stance on the judiciary? Also will Gorsuch have a say on any potential case or will his appointment be dragged out for months?

Sorry I meant

'Lol'

Gorsuch will probably make it on there but oh yeah there's def gonna be at least one conservative judge on that panel telling Trump to gently caress off.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Please note even though it's now adjourned you can still enjoy and appreciate the recording from the beginning and lol quite a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEK8FCBMkMQ

skip ahead 5 minutes of dead air

thanks gonna listen to this on my commute home

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
huffpo sucks but this is real

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7568281.html

quote:

'I’ve been in this town for 26 years. I have never seen anything like this. I genuinely do not think this is a mentally healthy president,” says Mr Cohen

that's W's guy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fuckin lol

quote:

Trump told The New York Times that he’s fascinated with the phone system inside the White House. At the same time, he’s registered a complaint about the hand towels aboard Air Force One, the White House aide said, because they are not soft enough.