Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we improved to the last; that we remained free to the last; that we revered his name to the last; that, during his long sleep, we permitted no hostile foot to pass over or desecrate his resting place; shall be that which to learn the last Trump shall awaken our WASHINGTON.

- DJT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

Go into your settings on twitter and turn on tweet notifications. Then go to realdonaldtrump's twitter account, click the "gear" icon and tell it to notify you when he tweets.

then drink

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i love the fox news comments it's like

quote:

RN2656 3 minutes ago
Interesting thing is that the judicial branch has no jurisdiction over the executive branch...All three are equal. The President could, and should, ignore the Seattle court ruling and continue the temporary ban and the courts can do nothing about it.

pure unadulterated :psyduck:

that whole news story is written like "how dare these judges ask questions?!!!!"

e: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/08/trump-s-travel-ban-why-9th-circuit-could-flip-and-unexpectedly-grant-stay.html

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ill never have dinner with the president

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

a slightly different lol that this was said in sarcasm and not sincerely

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/829163025777250305?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lol he getting owned in the replies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like how people are just all 'pay your child support dude'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OK so anyone who actually wants to do us harm will just make a fake profile gj fuckwits.

poo poo is hilarious

:synpa:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

The US can already spy whatever the gently caress they want, what's the point

I don't think the White House realizes they have the NSA/CIA yet.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol this dude is gonna get so sued

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I laughed because I thought that was a funny joke but now I just googled it and I am loling all over again.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

Lol elon musk is just gonna keep pushing until he has full authority to build space colonies and then he's just gonna be like "peace motherfuckers" and gently caress off to his moon base to escape our idiotic country.

he can take me with him i'll be his sex slave idc

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"hey minorities are super pissed because of their treatment by the police what should we do?"

"The police need more protection!"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Kellyann Conway a person they are even associating themselves with? Fire her dumbo rear end unless the strat really is to just inundate everything with such poo poo nonstop that no one really knows what is happening anymore.

I mean she's literally making poo poo up.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/arnold-schwarzenegger-on-trump-feud-apprentice-raitings-w464842

quote:

Schwarzenegger offers a less statesmanlike plan for dealing with the Donald's constant ribbing. "I called my assistant and said, 'I think what we really should do is request a meeting.'" Schwarzenegger says before pausing. "And then we just smash his face into the table."

Schwarzenegger laughs, letting everyone knows he's joking, and then he rubs his massive hands together.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Minimalist Program posted:

I want to be an american citizen, to be able to not just lol AT the americans but WITH them, too.

marry a goon for citizenship and post a thread about it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm a dual national so i'm lollin 'cuz I can just go to any country in the EU and then I have like 90 days (iirc) to find literally any gas station clerk job and I can stay forever

assuming the EU doesn't collapse ofc haha

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
looks like we got ourselves a READER

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep posted:

If I'm gonna associate a musical sting from a comedy with the Trump presidency it's going to be the one from Curb Your Enthusiasm

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

The president of the United states wants to sue the judicial branch of the United states.

That's it, I can't lol any harder.

yeah that's pretty much peak lol idk where it can go from here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cacafuego posted:

The court ruled unanimously that the travel ban will be remaining on hold, can't wait for the retaliatory tweets

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829836231802515457

all caps lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/legal-experts-conway-violated-ethics-rules-tv-endorsement/story?id=45376786

the hits just keep coming

quote:

House Oversight Committee Asks for Review of Conway's Endorsement of Ivanka Trump Brand

also an excerpt from the 9th circuit decision

quote:

“We hold that the Government has not shown a likelihood of success on the merits of its appeal, nor has it shown that failure to enter a stay would cause irreparable injury,”

ayyyyyyyyy

(that means they think there is a strong likelihood that the gov't will lose the case entirely!)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XMNN posted:

this is actually just frightening

not lol

something like 20% of people polled think the sun goes around the earth

there's just like a good 15-25% of people out there that are dumbfucks and that's all there is to it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

haha oh man, I was listening to an NPR show yesterday (RIP NPR) and it had a bunch of people in Alabama and Kentucky who voted for Trump being flabbergasted that Repubs are trying to repeal Obamacare with no replacement. One of them actually worked to sign people up for that states implementation of Obamacare and saw that it had made a positive impact on her whole community and she still voted Trump lolol. And when it was explained that people were trying to actually ruin Obamacare she was like like "Wait that would be bad for me, my family, and my friends...."

case in loving point lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be more sympathetic if people in those states didn't vote blatantly against their own interests constantly.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The memes must flow.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

Flawed question. There are no privileged reference frames. The earth goes around the sun just as much as the sun goes around the earth.

nah lol the Earth orbits the Sun

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One Weird Trick Conservatives Hate

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

The question is jerk-off bait for slightly-educated people, at the expense of un-educated people.

It's written based on a set of assumptions that would be made by someone who had a little, but not much, science education. Namely, it assumes that the sun's reference frame is best, because it simplifies the picture of the solar system you'd have in a grade-8 science class.

Besides completely neglecting the concept of invariance, this question misses the whole point of a physical model, which is to answer questions within a certain scope. The "Sun-around-Earth" respondents are picking the frame which accurately describes their daily lives; you'd have to be insane to model, say, a car's motion in terms of the spinning, orbiting Earth as seen from the Sun.

But making bad assumptions lets you smugly wank over how much smarter you are, so that's great.

Yeah check it out though fam when a pollster asks you "does the Earth orbit the Sun or does the Sun orbit the Earth?" the correct answer is "the Earth orbits the Sun."

Idc what frame of reference you use, the Earth very clearly travels around the Sun in an ellipse as the Sun travels around the galactic core.

quote:

The "Sun-around-Earth" respondents are picking the frame which accurately describes their daily lives; you'd have to be insane to model, say, a car's motion in terms of the spinning, orbiting Earth as seen from the Sun.

The question is not "how does the car travel?" The question is, "which body orbits the other?"

In fact I posit that thinking about that question in terms of "well, the Sun goes around me every day so the Sun clearly orbits the Earth" makes you a bit of a nitwit.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

Okay, you don't actually understand the concept of a reference frame.

You're obviously being pedantic as gently caress in attempt to explain away that 20% of the dumbfuck population doesn't understand heliocentric solar system models because actually they're some brilliant scientists overthinking the question and going "well, it really depends on frame of reference..." like no reasonable person would look at the choice of "Sun goes around Earth OR Earth goes around Sun?" and be able to chose from the two.

And here is the slam dunk: you obviously don't understand the concept of inertial frames of reference because actually the Sun's frame of reference is "the best" one to consider based on that.

Yeah, it's possible to describe the kinetics of the solar system holding Earth stationary but if you do then Newtonian physics doesn't loving work because you're not in an inertial frame of reference. For further reading, check out Foucalt's Pendulum.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 10, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry but jesus loving christ having to actually explain that the Earth orbits the Sun.

Zorodius posted:

I don't believe that having more knowledge on a particular topic means a person is any smarter. But using knowledge to construct a faulty trick question does make that person a dick.

lol it's not a faulty trick question for the love of god

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

You're screwing up half a dozen key concepts in this post. If you care, you should take an actual class some day.

No I don't think I am lol. You think that all motion is relative. It isn't.

The Earth has more angular momentum than the Sun in our solar system, yes or no?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's important to demonstrate that the correct answer to "WHICH GOES AROUND THE OTHER" is not Sun orbits Earth. Sorry but jfc.

If the Sun orbited the Earth we wouldn't be able to explain it w/ physics because it has an extremely larger mass and no force acting on it to make it orbit the Earth which is clearly a violation of Newtonian motion.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Minimalist Program posted:

Moridin you are so bad, just so bad. You are not good. Your posts are bad and your personality is bad. I don't think you are a good culture fit for the lol thread.

ahhh get stuffed who cares what you think anyway lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it was like 5-7 posts off topic cool your fuckin' jets lmao so thin skinned. Sad!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Trump often asks simple questions about policies, proposals and personnel. And, when discussions get bogged down in details, the president has been known to quickly change the subject — to "seem in control at all times," one senior government official said —

Really it's amazing because it seems like Trump is just doing what every single manager in America does but this dude did it too well and now he's top dog and actually has to do stuff.

emoji posted:

They orbit each other around the barycenter. Idiot.

lol please

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

emoji posted:

??? It's the simplest and most correct explanation. In a binary star system which star is orbited around?

you're right but I'm trying to stop the derail from continuing and also the question as constructed offers two choices: "Sun goes around Earth" or "Earth goes around Sun" and to complicate it further by bringing up various frames of reference and centers of mass and whatnot is ignoring the Occam's Razor answer of "15%-20% of the population is just loving stupid and don't know the right answer between those two options."

Like okay maybe there's one stoned physics prof who answered chortling and going 'well this question is a bit leading isn't it?' but the majority of people polled are not that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Arrhythmia posted:

moridin i will destroy you you motherfucker

ive got my net guns ready MEET ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAT

emoji posted:

If I was asked that question by a pollster I would be pedantic tho and they would either laugh or mark 'unsure'.

Yeah alright, it is plausible that most of that 15-20% were just tired and/or pedantic or whatever but man I kinda doubt it. Don't underestimate the capacity of people to not know basic grade school level scientific concepts.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyway

quote:

British officials drop plans for Donald Trump to address parliament
UK state visit will take place during recess to avoid snub by MPs – and president’s exposure to public protests will be limited

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

you fuckers haven't even used a "giant orange burning ball of gas" as metaphor for trump yet, thats some amateur-rear end posting right there.

my god it's yuuge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
On his death bed he's gonna motion and his kids will lean close and he'll whisper "I was the best president." right before he dies.

and depending on how you define 'best' he won't be wrong