Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

haljordan posted:

Donnie STILL needing his rally crowd safe space makes me laugh. I wonder if he underestimated just how many people in this country hate his loving guts.

Think about this, the first time Trump has a rally and the crowd turns on him and boos this poo poo out of him. It's going to crush his entire World.

I would expect this to happen shortly after the new health care bill budget item gets slammed through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I always figured there was some kind of oversight on presidential activities, for some reason. If I had known you could just spend the whole time vacationing in Florida and throwing rallies for yourself I might have gotten into politics. Though, I guess if I can convince enough people I'm rich I don't really need to put any time in there either, hmm

Dude, you don't become POTUS to be POTUS. You do it because afterward you get a leisurely life of traveling and making speeches for $500k+. Well, unless you are a bad president like GW, then you only get 200k per speech :(

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I don't think he's making it up, he's just confused by facts and reality. Befuddled even.

He is too stupid to understand that 'wiretapping' is a very specific type of surveillance with a ton of laws surrounding it. He is The Donald, not The Don.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Dial-a-Dog posted:

The same is true of everyone in America, having records and metadata isn't the same thing as listening in on phone calls and reading emails. Not that I'm defending those practices, but the news isn't just "technically correct" when they don't consider that wiretapping

Listening to phone calls and reading emails are very different afaik. Listening to calls has been around for a long time and has a ton of laws/red tape. Whereas any tech company, ISP, government, etc can "read" (with an algorithm) your emails.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

thathonkey posted:

it was so surreal yesterday watching the director of the FBI of the world's foremost superpower testify about the president's "tweets" you could just see the embarrassment in his face every time he had to discuss them

lol the office of the president is a complete joke

The committee was actually reading tweets to them lol

e: also please close Twitter

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

AkumaHokoru posted:

It certainly does violate ethics rules if not a law.

What do you guys think Obama was doing during the last months of his presidency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

chris kyle, a broke-brain "hero" who killed a bunch of people in iraq in a v. racist way, then came home and lied about killing more in a v. racist way. this is what passes for a hero in the us, someone who glorifies in killing partisans in a war of occupation

the movie they did about him was aptly likened to the fake nazi propaganda movie in inglorious bastards

Yeah, it's very unlikely he killed anywhere close to what he claimed. Kills are mostly self-reported and the guy had grandiose delusions. He was also likely seriously mentally ill from the war. I guess his story (even if it's fake) is a good recruitment tool though.