Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

This is a recruit thread outside of the game room because we're degenerate anarchists.
------------------

When a hoodie clad Jeb Bush shouted "Hell yeah I'll kill baby Hitler" and decapitated the president with a katana reality just kind of capitulated. Meme magic became real and everyone lost their minds, if they hadn't already. States were succeeding before Pence was sworn in. That formality didn't matter for much when the states themselves started breaking up. The ensuing free for all completed the destruction of society as people knew it.

2024, years since the great corn cobbing of the nation. Getting by has been rough going but there's always a job at Throne. Being the seat of where it all happened every petty warlord has their eyes on the place. To claim Throne would be a great symbolic victory, which is worth a lot these days. They say his body's still in the big chair. No one's been able to get past the lawn to try to push it out, though. But maybe the day is sooner than people think. The Technocratic Combine of the north has been conquering a trail down the coast. The frogmen from the marshes have been organizing and expanding. Things are looking like some bad poo poo is going to go down, even worse than what Throne will usually see. But where there's danger there's opportunity.

--------------------

Welcome to Apocalypse World, where you get raise hell as the sexiest bad asses in the immediate area.

The rules are free! http://apocalypse-world.com/ApocalypseWorldBasicRefbook2ndEd.pdf

If you haven't done an rpg on SA before the protocol is everyone posts their character sheet with a little in character bit to show off what kind of person they are (put the rules part in a quote box), try to include a picture if you can find one you like for your character. If there's a lot of interest you guys will have to thunderdome over spots.

Feel free to flesh out the world however you want in your character's backstory.

Apocalypse World systems assume a baseline maturity from its players. Everyone, including me, is responsible for not being a creep.

uhhhh, I'll leave apps open for a week. Anyone questions feel free to post them. I'm probably forgetting something but fuk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Is this anything like Metal Wolf Chaos?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm making a hocus that I'll submit here tomorrow! I haven't played a forums rpg in ages..

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id like to be literally a duck

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

im in, but i gotta sleep right now

ill do a thing in the PM tomorrow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i wanna be this guy

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Baloogan posted:

id like to be literally a duck

I think there's a bonus skin to be a psychic dolphin in robot legs from a dragoncon years ago but I have no idea where to look for it.

Concordat posted:

Is this anything like Metal Wolf Chaos?

Well there certainly wouldn't be any giant Mecha. Probably closer to fall out but making fun of today instead of the fifties.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna be a brainer because I love getting some brain

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i was on the web site, is there any problem using one of the types from the extended rulebook? i've got an idea for a child-thing that i think will fit right in

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Mayor Dave posted:

i've got an idea for a child-thing that i think will fit right in

i was gonna be barron, fucher

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I think I'm in...

If so I going to be an Angel and I'll do a card this evening... :angel:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Brown Menace posted:

i was gonna be barron, fucher

i posted first

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Extended play books should be fine.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
never looked at apocalypse world before, would it be viable to play constantine xi palaiologos

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Stein, Maestro D'

"Mmmhmm", Stein hummed his agreement to whatever Ducky was on about. Even if the music wasn't blaring so loud, he'd probably not be able to make out what he was slurring anyway. Ducky got talkative when drunk, but always peaceful. Unlike the fucker at the edge of the mosh pit who had been trying to find someone who would bite on his trouble-seeking antics for a while now. Stein had been watching him and so had Bounce, even if he was leaning in the entranceway seemingly super chill.

"Sssshtaain, gimme another", Ducky yelled over the music. "You had enough for tonight", he responded as he reached over to grad the empty cup from Ducky. His mouth agape, Ducky sought for an argument to make for getting another drink, but his brain failed him. So he sat there, mouth agape, head softly bopping back and forth, hoping to catch some thought flying about. Stein watched bemusedly.

Then it happened faster than he or Bounce could react. That fucker had finally found someone to pick a fight with. The starting shoving each as Bounce ploughed his way through the packed crowd. Unfortunately, one of the guys had backup, grabbing the troublemaker by the arms. The other guy had some things to say to him before spitting on him and winding up for a big punch. Stein turned off the music. The regulars knew this meant trouble and made way for Bounce to quash it. The crowd followed him with their eyes.

The tense silence lasted only seconds before it was broken by a primal scream of pain. Bounce had grabbed the guy's arm mid-windup and now was twisting it behind his back with one hand. His other hand pointed at the guys holding the troublemaker, then to the door. They knew better than to pick a fight with the 6'6", 300 pound bouncer and scrammed. Bounce grabbed the troublemaker, too, for good measure and dragged the two out of the Beer Pit.

As they neared the entrance, Stein turned the music back up. He preferred not to know what Bounce did exactly to get rid of people like this; he did and that what counted for Stein. As the guitars wailed and the double bass pounded, Stein poured a cup of beer. Ducky's hand reached over the bar, trying to grab it, but Stein slowly pulled it away from him. Ducky protested, but Stein took a big sip for himself. He nodded towards the door. He couldn't hear what exactly Ducky was muttering in protest, but his body language made clear he had given up for tonight.

Stein took a good look around. The crowd had gone back to dancing, to drinking, to trying to chat over the deafening rock songs of yesteryear, seemingly unfazed by the interruption moments ago. Ducky had slid of his stool and was shuffling towards the exit. Bounce came back inside with a satisfied smile on his face. A cool nod towards Stein said he had dealed with the four shitstirrers. Stein nodded back, took another sip, wiped the foam from his mustache, and bopped his head with the music. Just another night in the Beer Pit.

Name: Stein
Look: Man, vintage wear, tattooed face, cool eyes, stubby body, quick hands
Stats: Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+2 Sharp=0 Weird+1
Moves: A devil with a blade, Everybody eats, even that guy
Gear: Army knife (2-harm hand), oddments worth 2-barter,
Establishment: Beer Pit
Main attraction: drinks
Side attractions: music, easy food
Atmosphere: bustle, smoke, grime, noise
Lits is my best regular, Camo easily the worst
Gams wants in on it, Rolfball wants it gone, and i owe Been for it
Security: a convenient shotgun (3-harm close reload messy), a bouncer who knows his biz (2-harm 1-armor)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

tentatively looking at being a savvyhead

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
too bad this is play-by-post instead of voip, i'd join otherwise.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just as a character concept, would a hardholder duck with a gang of sewer ducks (& others) work?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

Just as a character concept, would a hardholder duck with a gang of sewer ducks (& others) work?

it fuckin better work!!!!!!!!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think you need a different playbook if you want to start with a gang (chopper would be ideal,) but yeah you can use whatever playbook for Duck Game trading card art the character

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!
Hardholders have a population, whereas Choppers have a gang and those other dudes get a cult.

E: oh and the maestro'd get a bar.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Oh man I am def gonna try to get in on this.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

How the gently caress does "want" work? I feel like I'm missing part of the rules.

E: And Hx? Am I being blind or something??

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Jan 23, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'ma have to read up on the rules, but this looks like fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

How the gently caress does "want" work? I feel like I'm missing part of the rules.

E: And Hx? Am I being blind or something??

I'm at work so I can't look at want I don't remember that. Might just be a fluff thing.

Hx is History. How well you know the other player characters. When you get enough you gain XP. Also it is used to assist or sabotoge them.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Boss Ross, the hocus, will ride forth when I get home.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Verren, Child-Thing

Verren kept his head down as he darted through the wasteland. Usually he could make his way anywhere he wanted using the strange tunnels in his lair, but today the frogmen had been too close and he had been forced out of his lair in the physical world to get food. Ever since Chiang had been unleashed, his life had been one of hiding and scrounging for everything. He hadn't changed, really, from that day forward; the clothes he had been wearing still fit, though he rarely wore them anymore. They stood out too clearly in this worn-out world and made it too easy for the things hunting him to find him. So he wore the worn-out scraps he'd been able to find in one of the endless cavernous buildings where the old world had lived.

The only thing that saved him was the refuge he had found. He had no idea what it had been. He couldn't really remember much about the world before Chiang anyway. All he knew was that there was a hidden way from the lair to pretty much anywhere he could imagine. The only catch was that the ways were haunted by things that wanted something from him, something that he didn't quite understand but was terrified of anyway. They couldn't find the way to his lair, but they lurked, screeching in the ways.

Verren didn't make much noise as he ran. He never made much noise now.

quote:

Name Verren
Look boy with an eerie face and black eyes, wearing tattered clothes and a loose silk necktie
Stats Cool-1 Hard=0 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+2
Moves Ferocious, snarling, shrieking, biting, and quite possibly rabid, The mother's heartbeat
Gear cudgel (2-harm hand messy), thrown stone (2-harm hand), tailored suit (stored, not worn), crap worth 1-barter
Den Hundreds of dead smart phones, cemented as tiling into the walls, Ways into basically everyone’s spaces, even if they’ve taken pains to close them off, A radio that speaks only to you
Wolves (I think this is supposed to be secret from everyone but the MC? I'll PM if so, otherwise I'll edit this)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ok im going read up and come up with a PC tonite i promise, this sounds cool and i dont want to regret missing out

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I think there's a bonus skin to be a psychic dolphin in robot legs from a dragoncon years ago but I have no idea where to look for it.

Well there certainly wouldn't be any giant Mecha. Probably closer to fall out but making fun of today instead of the fifties.

So instead of nuclear power armor it's Lockheed Martin's 100 million per unit power suit with deisel generator?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!
Couldn't you reskin a driver to have a giant mecha?

Also Epic High Five should come and play a Driver. His avatar is just too perfect for it.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i have no idea what i'm doing but i'll see if i can put together the gunlugger in the next day or so

uhhh guess i won't be then

oh well

mormonpartyboat has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Jan 24, 2017

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

gonna roll my techie (savvyhead) and write out my sheet tomorrow

Eliza Lemieux

Ambiguous, Vintage wear plus Tech, Pretty face, calm eyes, wiry body

Cool +1 Hard +1 Hot -1 Sharp = 0 Weird +2

Personal Fashion: Sundress, Bandaged Arms, thick gloves, long, holey wool leggings.

Workspace: A garage, a controlled Growing enviorment, and a junkyard of raw materials.

Bonus moves: Bonefeel, Oftener right

lore soon but i need to read up on the game world and understand what i can and can't have

bean mom has issued a correction as of 06:36 on Jan 24, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

using 0 barter

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

i wanna be this guy

does your daily put your opponent in a box and drain them of all emotional response?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

"I said to bring a couple guys, Jack. A couple guys."
"She is a couple guys.
"

The world had gone to hell in a hurry, but the poison was also the cure. Guns, and lots of 'em. Some people learned that faster than others, among them Navarre. Just a kid in '16, no right to vote and no idea just how unprepared the country was for a Double Trumpalo presidency. But she did know how to shoot straight, courtesy of an ex-Marine of a father. For her 12th birthday he got her an AR-15. For her 16th birthday, she got to bury him.

From there, all bets were off. Society in decay, the law overstretched, drugs became the punctuation at the end of every spell of ultraviolence. First weed to numb the guilt, then coke, then when the money started to dry up that good ol' girl Methamphetamine. The brain started to go, and the red mist seeped in. But maybe there's still something in there worth saving. If there's any salvation left in this place.

Hometown is Navarre, FL; her actual name has been lost to time.

https://twitter.com/_Flor1daWoman/status/599273691411849216
https://twitter.com/_Flor1daWoman/status/755427371801518080

Al made me do it.

Reclaimer has issued a correction as of 03:35 on Feb 3, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my character will be kellyapocalypse conway and my main strength will be punching people in the face three times

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I had a really dumb idea and then worked way too long on it here you go!!!

--

“I used to run this city, you know.” The drifter looked up with a startle at Beechburn. He had been absorbed with his meal of roasted squirrel, the first he'd had in days, and wasn't paying any attention to his campside acquaintance.

“Oh it wasn't just me of course. There were dozens like me. Hundreds perhaps. We'd whisper in an ear here, squeeze a shoulder over there, etcetera, etcetera. We would move like shades, yet we were always seen.”

The barrel fire crackled as Beechburn learned closer. The drifter looked confused. He knew little of the old world, before The Day He Was Stumped, before Endlessgate. Beechburn looked old enough to have seen it though, that much was sure.

“I was the best at it. Of course, any of us would say the same. But the look they would give as I spoke to them, as our pact was made, I could tell no one did it better. I can still... see it now.” Beechburn slipped a craggy finger under his eyecloth. The drifter tried not to stare, but with him so close it was hard not to. Hard not to try and peek at what might be. When did the old man get so close anyway?

“Things are different now. I... am different now.” Beechburn slowly pulled his shaky hand from under the cloth and stared at it with eyes unseen. “But perhaps it's not too late. For me, for any of us really.” His head turned slowly to the drifter. This was all too strange. Was Beechburn always like this, he wondered? He tried to search his memory, but it all seemed so foggy. He had to have been traveling with him for some time, right? Then... why couldn't he remember meeting him before now?

“But enough about this old man. What about you?”

He tried to back away from Beechburn but night had already come in earnest, and the terrain past the barrel was a dark morass. “I-I-I don't... I ain't got m-m-much to tell, bro.” he finally sputtered out.

“Nonsense. Why a young man like you...” Beechburn was inches away now. He pressed his forehead into the drifter's and gave a manic smile.

“...you could be president one day.”

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Maduo posted:

I had a really dumb idea and then worked way too long on it here you go!!!

--

[timg][/timg]

“I used to run this city, you know.” The drifter looked up with a startle at Beechburn. He had been absorbed with his meal of roasted squirrel, the first he'd had in days, and wasn't paying any attention to his campside acquaintance.

“Oh it wasn't just me of course. There were dozens like me. Hundreds perhaps. We'd whisper in an ear here, squeeze a shoulder over there, etcetera, etcetera. We would move like shades, yet we were always seen.”

The barrel fire crackled as Beechburn learned closer. The drifter looked confused. He knew little of the old world, before The Day He Was Stumped, before Endlessgate. Beechburn looked old enough to have seen it though, that much was sure.

“I was the best at it. Of course, any of us would say the same. But the look they would give as I spoke to them, as our pact was made, I could tell no one did it better. I can still... see it now.” Beechburn slipped a craggy finger under his eyecloth. The drifter tried not to stare, but with him so close it was hard not to. Hard not to try and peek at what might be. When did the old man get so close anyway?

“Things are different now. I... am different now.” Beechburn slowly pulled his shaky hand from under the cloth and stared at it with eyes unseen. “But perhaps it's not too late. For me, for any of us really.” His head turned slowly to the drifter. This was all too strange. Was Beechburn always like this, he wondered? He tried to search his memory, but it all seemed so foggy. He had to have been traveling with him for some time, right? Then... why couldn't he remember meeting him before now?

“But enough about this old man. What about you?”

He tried to back away from Beechburn but night had already come in earnest, and the terrain past the barrel was a dark morass. “I-I-I don't... I ain't got m-m-much to tell, bro.” he finally sputtered out.

“Nonsense. Why a young man like you...” Beechburn was inches away now. He pressed his forehead into the drifter's and gave a manic smile.

“...you could be president one day.”

[timg][/timg]
[timg][/timg]

"But enough about me, you got any spare piss?"

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I wanna be Alex Jones and I guess a driver? Is it okay if my stats are randomly generated or something? I'm lazy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Yossarian-22 posted:

I wanna be Alex Jones and I guess a driver? Is it okay if my stats are randomly generated or something? I'm lazy :(

stats are actually preset, you choose from some stat sets during character creation

e: for example if you created a driver, you'd choose one of these:

Mayor Dave has issued a correction as of 08:59 on Jan 24, 2017

• Locked thread