Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I had a really dumb idea and then worked way too long on it here you go!!!

--

“I used to run this city, you know.” The drifter looked up with a startle at Beechburn. He had been absorbed with his meal of roasted squirrel, the first he'd had in days, and wasn't paying any attention to his campside acquaintance.

“Oh it wasn't just me of course. There were dozens like me. Hundreds perhaps. We'd whisper in an ear here, squeeze a shoulder over there, etcetera, etcetera. We would move like shades, yet we were always seen.”

The barrel fire crackled as Beechburn learned closer. The drifter looked confused. He knew little of the old world, before The Day He Was Stumped, before Endlessgate. Beechburn looked old enough to have seen it though, that much was sure.

“I was the best at it. Of course, any of us would say the same. But the look they would give as I spoke to them, as our pact was made, I could tell no one did it better. I can still... see it now.” Beechburn slipped a craggy finger under his eyecloth. The drifter tried not to stare, but with him so close it was hard not to. Hard not to try and peek at what might be. When did the old man get so close anyway?

“Things are different now. I... am different now.” Beechburn slowly pulled his shaky hand from under the cloth and stared at it with eyes unseen. “But perhaps it's not too late. For me, for any of us really.” His head turned slowly to the drifter. This was all too strange. Was Beechburn always like this, he wondered? He tried to search his memory, but it all seemed so foggy. He had to have been traveling with him for some time, right? Then... why couldn't he remember meeting him before now?

“But enough about this old man. What about you?”

He tried to back away from Beechburn but night had already come in earnest, and the terrain past the barrel was a dark morass. “I-I-I don't... I ain't got m-m-much to tell, bro.” he finally sputtered out.

“Nonsense. Why a young man like you...” Beechburn was inches away now. He pressed his forehead into the drifter's and gave a manic smile.

“...you could be president one day.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Hodgepodge posted:

Suggestion: "This is Hillary's Fault," and "Thanks Obama!" are common refrains, even though no one remembers who those people were.

e: also "But her emails!"

"I have to go, so long and bernie would have won."

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Okay I said I'd do these tonight and I'm not going to pussy out. How ever I will be loving lame and give everyone the same question.

Why are you in Throne, if not by chance? What of the factions would you rather see come out on top, if you had to choose? (make one up or add details to one that's been mentioned)

Beechburn is one of the few left who remembers the day. It's all he can see anymore, that drat sword gleaming in the dreary afternoon sun. Those who were closest, like The First And Last Family, felt the full effect. It's not spoken of in polite circles. Others slightly farther away, like Beechburn, were warped; their true selves now flesh. The sparse audience and protestors beyond were lucky in a way. To only be driven to gibbering madness is a blessing.

Or at least thats how he tells it. Who can say?

After that day, Beechburn has been tied to this place. Whether by madness or guilt or by some arcane force truely imprisoning him there, Beechburn cannot leave Throne. He believes that to leave he must fix his mistakes, The Big Mistake, by doing the only thing his brainer-addled brain knows: manipulating someone into being president. Nevermind that the idea of "president" means absolutely nothing anymore, someone's gonna sit in that office and the chain of command will be restored. Whether thats a technocrat, frogman, lanyard cultist, fifth world maoist, sewer duck, Beechburn will work for them all until it's done. One day he just shows up and starts whispering in the local warlord's ear, giving them dreams of power they cannot possibly obtain. When they fail, or he senses the failure in them, he slinks off back into the swamps.

What he happens if he succeeds, no one really knows. He doesn't share his plans lightly, and those who've known him don't think he even remembers what his values were. What is a lobbyist without a lobby?

I don't know how literal you want reality capitulating to mean, so I left it vague. Also I feel a little bad about worming out of the second question, but oh well.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

My questions are:

Which one of you have I been watching carefully, in secret?

and

Which one of you most evidently dislikes and distrusts me?

docbeard posted:

My one and only HX question, for each and every one of you mad bastards.

Can I count on you to tell me the truth?
Oh absolutely not.

Squizzle posted:

hx questions time!!!!

which one of you has been beside beside me all along, and has seen everything ive seen

which one of you do i figure is doomed to self-destruction
I don't think Beechburn stays with anyone long, but his mission is pretty doomed to self-destruction. Maybe not more than others though.

Mayor Dave posted:

My question to everyone is:

Are you a wolf of the maelstrom?
Yes.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

docbeard posted:

Which of my stats is most interesting?
This is gonna sound weird but I think it's gotta be Hot. You've got a trustworthy face, that can be... useful.

Mayor Dave posted:

also Maduo I need to contact you re: being a wolf but you don't have pm's

I've been meaning to fix that. Should now.

EDIT: also while I'm here Mayor Dave, which of my stats is the most interesting?

Maduo has issued a correction as of 03:57 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Squizzle posted:

not to seem like i drew up a lil reference chart to make sure everyone had replied to everyone elses hx questions, which i did in fact do, but i think zylas still waiting for mayor dave and maduo to answer

oh poo poo, ty for this

Zyla posted:

who can I trust?

Yourself and only yourself. You should trust me anyway, though.

• Locked thread