Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

oh dang imma write up a hocus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

oh go ahead of yr heart is set on it friendo, im flexible af

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ok i think this is what we got apped so far, rigfht?????

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Reclaimer posted:

How the hell are you not gonna be The Show, squizzie?

it looks rad but theres no way that having to ask another player before taking an action wouldnt bog down a pbp game

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i briefly considered playin a faceless who was ivanka + eric + donjr all chained together and passing an old donald j trump halloween mask around, and only the sibling wearing the mask ever does anything but shuffle blankly along w the others

but i dont think id enjoy playin a faceless that much so im gonna just leave the idea out here for anyone else i guess?????

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

history :engleft: its about how close your dude is to the other charactets

dont worry about it rn

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fixedsys best font

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im working on my hocus but the actual trump need distracted me and ill have to post tomorrow

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Reclaimer posted:

You should do an angel instead :twisted:

not a bad idea, concept i had works for either!!!!! filling out the playbook is the easiest part tbh so no prob switching up

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i just wouldnt be able to start w 3 weird :spooky:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it actually worked better as an angel, go figure!!!!!!

Never at the surface. The first thing I learned: never at the surface. Always underneath, impressed like bones were branding irons. I carve at the body around the rot, hope the sickness didn't eat too much revelation. More than others would cut, maybe—maybe that's my price. It's cost in kind, pay flesh to heal flesh.

Hours later, body wrapped and drugged and rested. The rot's gone, cut clean from the body. Everyone cries joy, cries thanks. They think this is my miracle. I know it's medicine—no art, just cause effect bullshit. Math with meat. They don't know the miracle. I'll show you miracles.

This is what I cut. This is my miracle. Turn it over. Never on the surface. Ignore the rot—just rot. That's meat, not miracle. See the clean flesh. Look for the words. They always tell you something you couldn't know. Look. gently caress, look close.

It's Ok. Most people can't. But I always see them. It's all right that you don't. You’re obviously not a skin man, which is Ok.

I wish I wasn't.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i knew you couldnt resist the mystery of a character w a suede bathrobe

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hx questions time!!!!

which one of you has been beside beside me all along, and has seen everything ive seen

which one of you do i figure is doomed to self-destruction

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

My one and only HX question, for each and every one of you mad bastards.

Can I count on you to tell me the truth?

yes

but im trying not to

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

no to both

you can't even count on me to talk to you

My question to everyone is:

Are you a wolf of the maelstrom?

yes, absolutely, yes

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Maduo posted:

Which one of you have I been watching carefully, in secret?

ill take this action, its the skin man

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Reclaimer posted:

Which one of you is the prettiest and/or the smartest?

does it count if im pretty on the inside

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zyla posted:

who can I trust?

you can believe the skin man

you cant rely on him

im gonna leave parsing that for level of trust to you tbh

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

My question to everyone is:

Are you a wolf of the maelstrom?

Squizzle posted:

yes, absolutely, yes

Zyla posted:

Awoooooooo

lmebo all three of our mutilated characters w weird psychic powers were like "yes, i am an airwolf, w/e that is, wolf me up immediately"

docbeard posted:

No, but I'd sure love to find out more about that.

and both of the damaged heroic normies squinted all "i want to know more"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zyla posted:

which of my stats is most interesting?

weird

those alternative facts :pwn:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

which one of you has been beside beside me all along, and has seen everything ive seen

still waitin for someone to jump on this grenade

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

Someone must document the story of the Skin Man, and it looks like yours truly is the only person left who still believes in things like permanent mostly-unbiased records of events.

which of my stats isthe most interesting friendo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

questuon to the mc, does sixth sense (use sharp instead of weird for opening my mind to the maelstrom) cover augury? or will i end up breaking reality, also people, when i use peoples skin as an augury fpcus?

im not gonna feel slighted in any case, i just wanna know before the first session

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

definite favorite move then :unsmigghh:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

not to seem like i drew up a lil reference chart to make sure everyone had replied to everyone elses hx questions, which i did in fact do, but i think zylas still waiting for mayor dave and maduo to answer

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yesssssss lets rock

i havent gitten to play a proper tabletop rpg in ages and im fuckin ready and excited for this

like i have an entire worldview w belief system, motivation, and rough cosmological paradigm for skin man all kickin around in my head and im v excited to see how much it changes or gets outright destroyed as everyones ideas smash together in-game

im like an overeager 20something rn, about subsubforum imagination barbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just wanted to let you fine friendos know that im gonna post in the game thread asap butthe weekend got poo poo busy and travel-y, im gonna try to post yomorrow

im sorry im lollygagging on our dystopian adventures but im not ignoring them!!!!!

• Locked thread