Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i was on the web site, is there any problem using one of the types from the extended rulebook? i've got an idea for a child-thing that i think will fit right in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Brown Menace posted:

i was gonna be barron, fucher

i posted first

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Verren, Child-Thing

Verren kept his head down as he darted through the wasteland. Usually he could make his way anywhere he wanted using the strange tunnels in his lair, but today the frogmen had been too close and he had been forced out of his lair in the physical world to get food. Ever since Chiang had been unleashed, his life had been one of hiding and scrounging for everything. He hadn't changed, really, from that day forward; the clothes he had been wearing still fit, though he rarely wore them anymore. They stood out too clearly in this worn-out world and made it too easy for the things hunting him to find him. So he wore the worn-out scraps he'd been able to find in one of the endless cavernous buildings where the old world had lived.

The only thing that saved him was the refuge he had found. He had no idea what it had been. He couldn't really remember much about the world before Chiang anyway. All he knew was that there was a hidden way from the lair to pretty much anywhere he could imagine. The only catch was that the ways were haunted by things that wanted something from him, something that he didn't quite understand but was terrified of anyway. They couldn't find the way to his lair, but they lurked, screeching in the ways.

Verren didn't make much noise as he ran. He never made much noise now.

quote:

Name Verren
Look boy with an eerie face and black eyes, wearing tattered clothes and a loose silk necktie
Stats Cool-1 Hard=0 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+2
Moves Ferocious, snarling, shrieking, biting, and quite possibly rabid, The mother's heartbeat
Gear cudgel (2-harm hand messy), thrown stone (2-harm hand), tailored suit (stored, not worn), crap worth 1-barter
Den Hundreds of dead smart phones, cemented as tiling into the walls, Ways into basically everyone’s spaces, even if they’ve taken pains to close them off, A radio that speaks only to you
Wolves (I think this is supposed to be secret from everyone but the MC? I'll PM if so, otherwise I'll edit this)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Yossarian-22 posted:

I wanna be Alex Jones and I guess a driver? Is it okay if my stats are randomly generated or something? I'm lazy :(

stats are actually preset, you choose from some stat sets during character creation

e: for example if you created a driver, you'd choose one of these:

Mayor Dave has issued a correction as of 08:59 on Jan 24, 2017

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
owns, we have some good characters goin on

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
So when's this joint kicking off?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Verren's been in the Throne as long as he can remember. His hideout leads everywhere else, so he's never really felt the need to move on. Plus, he feels a certain pull, a sense that there's something he should know about Throne which he can no longer remember. It must be locked away with the rest of his past, and it may have something to do with the reason why he hasn't aged at all since he awakened.

As far as factions go, well, Verren's never been too picky about who he works for, as long as they protect him when the wolves of the maelstrom get too close. The Combine always looks at him a bit funny when he runs into their patrols, but they'll usually barter some actual food for bits of tech he finds in the ways. The frogmen always tried to barter faded pictures with words in a language Verren couldn't read, but generally could be persuaded to trade guide services for weird things that others in Throne would barter for. The only faction he stayed away from were the Madcaps, the ultraviolent remnant of some faction or other. They'd kill you as soon as talk to you, and if you did manage to survive the intro they'd rip you off and beat you for your trouble. Safer to avoid them and deal with the sewer ducks or the blonde bombers.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Squizzle posted:

hx questions time!!!!

which one of you has been beside beside me all along, and has seen everything ive seen

which one of you do i figure is doomed to self-destruction

no to both

docbeard posted:

My one and only HX question, for each and every one of you mad bastards.

Can I count on you to tell me the truth?

you can't even count on me to talk to you

My question to everyone is:

Are you a wolf of the maelstrom?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Maduo posted:

Which one of you most evidently dislikes and distrusts me?

It's me

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Reclaimer posted:

My turn:
Which one of you has fought shoulder to shoulder with me?

We did that one time

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Squizzle posted:

lmebo all three of our mutilated characters w weird psychic powers were like "yes, i am an airwolf, w/e that is, wolf me up immediately"

and both of the damaged heroic normies squinted all "i want to know more"

technically according to the rulebook zyla's response doesn't count as a yes, but i'm willing to make an exception because that makes the game way more "fun" for me

docbeard posted:

No, but I'd sure love to find out more about that.

Cool, can you tell me which of my stats (Cool-1 Hard=0 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+2) is most interesting to you?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
also Maduo I need to contact you re: being a wolf but you don't have pm's

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Maduo posted:

EDIT: also while I'm here Mayor Dave, which of my stats is the most interesting?

Imma go with sharp, lobbyists have to be quick on their feet

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

This is Hillary's fault.
Yes.

Speaking of, I think I need to talk to you about this wolf business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009